Josh Allen!!!!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

And to think this team was in the playoffs last year... Tyrod has looked good for the Browns so far. Bills = idiots. The Browns will be better.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

3. Sam Hammer

The Bills are going to be hilarious this year. Coming off a playoff appearance to having a 5 win season at best.

4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Pathetic Nathan Peterman beat out Josh Allen. I know Allen is a raw kid and all but...you lost to Peterman really?

Their o line is bad. I could see McCoy getting pummeled and having a bad year.

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

What about Cleveland? They had the #1 pick and Mayfield can't beat out an average at best Tyrod Taylor. If you are picking #1 you should be getting someone who can start right away. For the Bills I think starting Peterman is the right decision. He looked the best for them in preseason and Allen will get killed if he is not ready for regular season action especially playing behind that OL. Speaking of bad OL I just hope Darnold doesn't get killed either.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Not going to throw stones when we have our own OL to worry about.

Going to be a rough year for anyone under center in NY.

joe likes this.
  7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Getting beat out by Tyrod Taylor is nothing to hang your head about. He's right up there with Alex Smith. Tyrod is a starting qb capable of leading he's team to the playoffs. Getting beat out by Peterman for the starting job is kinda embarrassing for Allen after the Bills traded up for him in the first round.

8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Yet the Bills got rid of him. We won't know if Allen works out or not for a few years but Tyrod Taylor is not a good QB. He is a glorified RB playing QB. He won't turn the ball over and can escape the rush but he doesn't throw for many yards either. Granted the Bills don't have the best WR's but its clear Beane/McDermott had no problem moving on from him as he is not and never will be a franchise QB. Allen like Darnold has the potential to be a franchise QB. Although I think Darnold will end up being the better QB. If both QB's work out and both the Jets-Bills can build teams around them then we could have another Marino-Kelly situation in the AFCE only this time with the Jets/Bills.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Peterman is the right call. Allen is very raw and needs a full season on the bench to get his feet on the ground.

I'm impressed that the Bills FO/CS didn't crumble under the pressure and run Allen out there immediately. They made a mistake drafting him over Rosen and Jackson but they didn't compound the mistake by putting him in a no-win situation right away.

I'd have taken Mason Rudolph over Allen also.

Sam Hammer and Harpua like this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I didn't hide my predraft hate for Allen, but that was mainly as a first round pick, I wanted no part of him in the top ten. If he can get the mental side of the game down he has elite tools, but I've seen that combo fail far too many times in the NFL where everything moves faster. He needs a year to sit and learn, I hope for him he gets it. Then again I hope as a Jets fan Buffalo screws this up.

Br4d likes this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Mayfield was never given a shot to beat out Taylor. Hue said from day one this is Tyrod's team. Jackson is what everyone wants to blame Bowles for, coaching afraid to lose his job.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. playtowinthegame

No offense, but that's a false statement. He's led his team to the playoffs. Bad quartebacks don't do that. You're acting like he's the worst starter in the league. Enough with that nonsense.

Harpua likes this.
  13. playtowinthegame

Josh Allen is another Kyle Boller. Book it.

14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'm not expert but I don't even think he will be that good.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they didn't even let Mayfield compete for the position. They went out of their way to keep him from getting first team reps, even when Taylor was hurt in a preseason game and Mayfield was the next man in line. They re-entered Taylor with a broken hand. You can't really say he couldn't beat out Taylor when its clear it wasn't even a competition. Cleveland is a weird organization all around

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

@BuffaloPhysco, what's going on with the QBs up there in that armpit?

17. Sam Hammer

Both teams are doing the right thing as far as who they are starting, but that's as far as it goes. Mayfield and Allen both were raw prospects and people knew they would take some time getting acclimated to an NFL offense. The stupid stuff was the Bills coming off their first playoff appearance in almost 20 years and then intentionally tanking instead of building on it.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

The Jets front office and coaching staff has already seen enough out of Sam Darnold as only a rookie to the point of not only starting him over a 17 year veteran in Josh McCown but also trading away a former Offensive Rookie of the Year and former Pro Bowler in Teddy Bridgewater to another team.

Welcome to the NFL, Josh Allen.

Much different than Wyoming.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I am the Lord of the Dance but I'm a loser! What is wrong with the youth of America! Next thing you know he'll be grabbing his privates like that guy Baker what's his face!

Signed,
    -Mrs. chanpionjets69 :mad:

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Soon they will bend the knee to Darnold and it will end. Darnold will put them to shame.