Josh Allen from Kentucky believes he should go #1 pick in the 2019 Draft.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Jan 1, 2019.

1. K'OB

K'OB Well-Known Member

Fair enough comment, cheers :)

FJF likes this.
  2. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Active Member

Nobody thought Baker was going to be the #1 pick last year. I am not ruling out Bosa to the Jets.

3. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Active Member

That alone should be enough reason to take him, if he falls to us. Joey Bosa is scary enough.

4. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

My hope is that Jax feels like there is one QB worth taking and are afraid that the Giants will take him. It's possible you can engage those two teams to pay a reasonable price to secure their future signal-caller.

Again - I'm not greedy. I don't need an amazing package to move down to 6 or 7. I just need to recoup some of what we gave up to move up for Sam.

a quick google search brings up this fan"ish" looking site: https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jag...de-up-in-the-nfl-draft-for-a-qb-but-with-who/

The compensation feels reasonable maybe a slight bit light but I would be very intrigued if they offered their #7 this year, #38(second rounder) this year, #69(third rounder) this year and next year's 4th.

There's definitely at least a framework for an offer there.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The biggest obstacle is the fact that San Fran and Arizona are both sellers too. There’s really no reason to call the jets for the 3 since it may not secure a qb. It’s really going to be tough to move down in this draft.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’d say! To get two extra picks in the ‘19 draft ( top 70 excellent value ) to move down just four spots? That definitely makes up for what the Jets lost trading up last year . With the #7 pick Jonah Williams should be in play and if the Jets are lucky maybe even one of the coveted EDGE guys....

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

While undoubtedly true is there any need for them to jump up to 1 or 2 where it will probably cost them a deal more? Assuming no one moves, the first team that will potentially take a QB is Oakland, so they will need to get above them and that takes them to the 3 pick. I doubt anyone does that deal pre-draft, but on the day if the first picks are not QBs then we are the prime landing spot for someone wanting to move up.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  8. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I'm not feeling like we need to trade back. If Bosa or Allen are there then I'm comfortable selecting them at 3.

If they are both gone though - that's when I'll be hoping to get Monty Haul with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk