Johnnys lock of the week -- week 9

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by slowmoe57, Nov 1, 2008.

1. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

last week 0-3 10-14 overall 5-3 on the lock

here we go...
    THE LOCK
    DENVER -3.5 VS MIAMI
    Honarable Mention
    Vikes - 4.5 vs Texans
    for the parlay
    philly -6.5 vs Seattle

2. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

sorry for the double post -- I am hungover and tired -

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Lock:
    Green Bay Packers +5.5

Also:
    Baltimore Ravens +3
    Cincinnati Bengals +9
    Seattle Seahawks +7

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Game day, late picks, let's roll! 2-1 last week. A respectable 13-9-2 on the season, but as usual, I hope this is a good week. At least the one game I lost, Carolina and Arizona going over, provided me a fantasy football lift with DeAngelo Williams.

Detroit +12.5 over Chicago
    12.5 is a weird number, but it tells me people are begging you to take Chicago. Detroit just signed Daunte Culpepper to a two year deal, but Dan Orlovsky hasn't been that bad. Look for Orlovsky to attack Chicago through the air with Calvin Johnson to score enough points to keep it close. Big favorites have struggled this year to cover, and I expect that to continue to be the case. Detroit has been better recently, and you know they want to win. Chicago is coming off a bye, but this still could be a trap game with the undefeated Titans coming to town next week. The Bears aren't a blowout team.
    Bears 24, Lions 17

Minnesota -5.5 vs Houston
    The Texans spent a month at home, and now this is their first road game in a while. The Vikings are coming off their bye week, so they are well-rested for a Houston team which has looked good in recent weeks, albeit at home and against bad teams. They will try to throw on the Vikings, but don't expect Houston to be able to generate much of a running game with Steve Slaton. Minnesota should be able to run the ball at will against a somewhat suspect Texans defense. This is mostly a matchup play against a Texans team that will be in a tough environment after being in the friendly confines of Reliant Stadium for a while.
    Vikings 34, Texans 24

Tennessee -3.5 over Green Bay
    I hadn't planned on making this pick, but the Titans have been the best team in the NFL this year. Do we want to give them some respect and some credit? How will Green Bay stop the Titans' rushing attack? The Packers should (and probably will) attack through the air, but until the Titans lose, giving 3.5 points at home to a non-elite team is just something I can't really pass up.
    Titans 28, Packers 21

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

3-1 overall
    1-0 on lock. I'll update my total record tonight.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Lock: 5-2
    Overall: 22-11