Jets Turned Down Offers for Robby Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I am in complete agreement with Mac on this one:

HomeoftheJets and Mogriffjr like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Depends on the offer. If it was a third I would have driven Robby to Teterboro myself.

MJK, Royal Tee, legler82 and 4 others like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Glad you're not the GM.

NCJetsfan, FlaJet, K'OB and 1 other person like this.
  4. Geno

Geno Member

Yikes. I can guarantee you if the Eagles were serious the offer was much better than a 3rd. If Jets tender Robby at a 2nd next year there will be multiple teams offering a him a contract.

WarriorRB28 likes this.
  5. He cant stay healthy,he isnt a Natural fit for the system as his route tree is minimal & hes a restricted free agent in 19 that will likely want premium $ for his deep foeld ability ala Mike Wallace & Troy Williamson. Think i wouldve taken a 4 & 7

legler82 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

What does it say about Robbie Anderson that the defending champs believed he coulda helped their title defense?

MacCagnan dif the right thing.

Now sign him to a new contract.

Enunwa too.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

After watching last week's game, if you wanted to trade Anderson you don't deserve Darnold.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. Geno

Geno Member

You obviously don't like him and because of that trying to come up with a reason rather than the reason being why you want to trade him. He was active all 16 games last year and missed only one game from a ankle sprain this year so cant stay healthy is an outright lie. He is a classic premium deep threat that changes the way defenses play the jets. His sole presence prevents teams from stacking the box to stop the run and play only one safety deep. You only see the occasional deep shot and think that's all he does. No he changes the entire defensive schemes of teams. Considering a team will offer him a contract after the 2nd round tender the Eagles probably offered a 2nd plus a good pick. Jets wisely declined.

9. WarriorRB28

He's one of the fastest WRs the Jets have ever had. Robbie is a elite impact game changing wr in today's modern game.

Even the ol' he's not big or physical enough argument doesn't work because there's only so much opposing defenses can do to limit offensive skill players witjout getting penalized.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous.

I don't understand the logic behind this. If you want Sam Darnold to develop into a franchise QB, why would you trade away his best weapon when he is just starting to develop chemistry with him?

The fact that teams, including Philly, are looking to trade for him, tells you he's a very good talent and someone you might want to hang on to, especially with an offense desperate for playmakers.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. WarriorRB28

And after they already cut Pryor.

Falco21 likes this.
  12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Starving for game changing talent and WRs as a group, rookie QB under center...

"Fans" in favor of trading away the only established person in the building that fits this role (-__-)

13. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

With our record of drafting WR, unless the offer was a 1st or 2nd (it wasn't), it's not worth losing what little talent we have at WR

Sam Hammer likes this.
  14. I like Robbie quite a bit so you can stop that right there.Could your aggression suggest the opposite wherein YOU are bias toward Anderson & therefore lashing out at someone who just sees a different perspective?

He doesnt miss alot of time but he always seems to be playing through something. Hes very inconsistent week to week & lets not forget the off the field component.

He does indeed consistently take the top off a D but that doesnt make him irreplaceable. Hes not a great fit in the WCO bc he only runs boundary routes w very little in the way of timing/pivot routes. He can absolutely be apart of the future but is he worth premium WR $??If he asks for Something similar to Mike Wallace w the proper inflation adjustments id personally move him for picks to use on better scheme fits.

#14 KurtTheJetsFan, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2018
  15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

What's the point of this information if we are not going to be provided with what was offered?

16. Hawk-o

Hawk-o Active Member

Sam is already ruined. Worse franchise in sports. Terrible.

dmarz45 likes this.
  17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

*sweeping motion with an open hand*

"Please, allow me to show you the door"

#17 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

If he kept Pryor, I’d have done it for a 2

In the immortal words of Buddy Ryan, all he does is catch touchdowns

Lol

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If they ever again hand off to Robbie on a jet sweep or pitchout I'm putting a hole in the fucking sheetrock

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Doesn't make sense to trade him unless the value is too high to resist. Coming off injury, his value was low, so I doubt Philly's offering anything more than a 4th and they won't have a high draft pick either. You don't strip away a rookie QBs weapons mid season if you want him to take the next step.

NCJetsfan and MJK like this.