Jets traded back in the 5th round!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by SecretConnection, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Yup just saw that.

Still such a weird series of events.

2. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Hmm, Parry N. went a 4.3 in the combines - maybe a special team returner?

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Fatukasi (whose full name is pronounced foe-luh-RUN-soo faa-too-KAH-see) is a load in the middle that can take on multiple blockers and push through to the quarterback. "Foley" was the first player from his Long Island, New York high school to immediately enroll at a major college to play football. After a redshirt season, Fatukasi started three of 12 games played in 2014, making 31 tackles, three for loss. He garnered honorable mention All-American Athletic Conference honors as a sophomore, starting 11 of 13 games and being credited with 50 tackles, eight for loss, seven sacks, and four forced fumbles. He continued to excel as a junior, starting all 12 games with 43 stops and 2.5 sacks. Fatukasi did not earn all-conference notice from AAC coaches in 2017, but still started all 21 games for the Huskies (45 tackles, 7.5 for loss, four sacks).

Overview

Fatukasi is raw but talented and offers a well-built, versatile defender who can be played at a variety of positions by teams who employ varied defensive fronts. He needs to improve at the point of attack, but that could happen if he's asked to slant less and improves technique as a two-gapper. Fatukasi's flashes of power and disruption could be foreshadowing a future as a quality NFL starter with the ability to play on passing downs if he can reach his potential.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Well before anyone anoints Mac a genius for Darnold, his handling of mid to late rounds and trades the past couple years have been subpar. Stop fucking around with 6th rounders and let’s fuck around in rounds 2-4. That’s where you find the support talent and gems for a playoff team. This is where belicheck excels. I would have liked him to get back into the lower 2nd round this year.
    We have the cap space to compensate for loss of a draft pick or 2

5. gajetsfan

gajetsfan Member

I agree. I love the Darnold pick and a couple of the other picks are okay, but how do we ignore the OL year after year? I hated his in-game coaching and gum-chewing say nothing to the players to coach them up during the game yet always with his WTF look Mangini, but he did positively influence our draft strategy and we got it right the year we took Brick and Mangold. Seems like all quality GMs share the philosophy of building up-front as a strategy for success except we continue to get that wrong.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am going on Amazon ..out of my own pocket I am purchasing "NFL Drafting for Dummies" and "NFL Coaching for Dummies " sending priority mail to 1 Jet Drive attn Toilet Bowles and Mike Macdoodling

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just hope he got it right but Macs draft history speaks for itself his drafts do not blow me away. Yes guys fall in his lap and those are layups any of us could make those selections . That said I am not loving this draft it should have easily been a homerun after Darnold but jury will be out until we see these guys perform. How Mac does not address the line is mind-blowing ! I post it during the year as well and some people actually defend him,,,,,,how can you defend this guys neglect of the O line in drafts ?

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

5-11 again, offense will be ranked 27-30, but we will pound the ball 30 times a game.

Bank on it!

CBG likes this.