Jets sign Rishard Mathews

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Lolololol no they did not.

How old are you? Did you even see Moss when he came into the league?

Ralebird likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

It's all in the film.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The backpedal is strong in this one.

Next he's gonna say Leonard Williams is a budget Reggie White.

JoeWalton likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Excited to see LT get some burn. I mean Trenton Cannon. Got confused, they are very similar.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yes people said he was a 1 trick pony who can only go deep and lacked the bulk to make tough catches over the middle and obviously he had a very successful career.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I can't do it anymore. Someone else entertain him please.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your really talking out of your ass on this.

When Randy came into the league people were worried how he would hold up and about his attitude and off field problems, but no one ever doubted his on field talent. Early on in his rookie season people were already talking about how he was the best receiver on a team that included a solid vet in Jake Reed and a future hall of famer in Chris Carter. Carter gave him massive credit for opening up the field for the offense. No on has ever spoke those things about Robbie even after three years. He is a good bit player and little else. As for the size difference, Moss was 25 pounds heavier than Anderson with only one inch height difference. He was a much better build athleat over all.

I like Robbie and what he brings to our team, but he is not even in the same universe of talent that Moss had.

8. GasedAndConfused

when randy moss was a rookie people said he was a 1 trick pony who could only go deep and was too thin to make tough catches over the middle. noboydy questioned his speed or hands but he was pretty much a "chuck it deep to randy" WR only and wasn't considered a complete WR like they had on the other side (chris carter) who did all the other work. yes randy was thicker then robbie but still doens't mean he wasn't considered too thin. brees is 4 inches taller then flutie was but still considered too short. i'm sorry that so many people dedicated to a team to spend time on a forum can't understand that. but please continue the jokes and nonsense

9. Rollo Tomassi

He's never going to admit he is dead flat out wrong.

Moss was a first round pick BECAUSE he was such a great receiver and NOT a one-trick pony--he was CLEARLY the best all-around receiver in that draft and only fell to the Vikes because of his off-field stuff. Robby didn't get drafted because all he could do was go long, was a string bean and kind of an asshole (as we've seen).

Moss could leap over tall buildings, he was faster than a speeding bullet, he had extremely strong hands and could fight for and win jump balls. He was a fucking Superman of WRs.

Robby is a really fast twig who can't go over the middle, can't win jump balls and has zero physicality.

Just because this troll keeps repeating that Moss was a "one trick pony" doesn't make it true.

Harpua and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Did people say Randy Moss was a one-trick pony!?!?!?!?!?

What? I mean - WHAT!?

His skid is not due to his on-field talent. He skid through the 1st round because of his [head], not for his [hands] or [feet]. I personally wouldn't have liked Randy Moss pick myself, but I loved watching him catching pass from Pennington in his Marshall days. Sure, it helped, as a receiver, having a QB with accuracy and touch. But he made Pennington look really good in return as well. And Randy Moss WAS NOT a one-trick pony during his Marshall days. Where did you pick that up?

If I remember correctly, Randy Moss was dubbed as Pennington's big-play receiver. That doesn't mean he's a one-trick pony. Not in the least.

[I have a die-hard 9er fan friend that was just dying for Randy Moss pick - he almost cried when Moss was picked by the Vikes.]

#190 Zach, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Harpua likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The "jokes and nonsense" are posted because you keep saying Randy Moss was considered to be a one trick pony without showing any evidence of it. And just because one scout or ESPN pundit said it doesn't make it true.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

far from 1 scout, hell it was so widely spread that one youtuber made a video debunking all the nonsense moss criticisms and someone put them all in a nice organized post here

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/23738j/randy_moss_myth_busting_videos/?st=jnqjzjsd&sh=004d5256

here is a list

Randy Moss Myth #2 No Strength Cant Beat Physical Corners(Starts at 2 for reasons unknown)

Randy Moss Myth #3 Not a Good Route Runner/Can Only Go Deep

Randy Moss Myth #4 He Cant/Wont Block

Randy Moss Myth #5 He Wont Go Across the Middle

Randy Moss Myth #6 He Cant Run After the Catch

Randy Moss Myth #7 He's Not a Good Teammate

Randy Moss Myth #8A He's Not a Superfreak

I bolded the 3 critisms i was speaking about and the same 3 we hear jet fans say about robbie and just like moss's case the critisms are nonsense which was my main point. that fans said the same nonsense about moss that you guys are saying about robbie and neither are valid

so show me what more proof you need?

13. Rollo Tomassi

Reddit? And some videos that won't load? Addressing some fans criticisms?

Admit it, you never saw him at Marshall and you never saw him as a pro.

That some "fans" criticized him means nothing--idiots here are criticizing Leonard Williams for being fat.

No legitimate pro football expert or true football fan thought he was a "one trick pony" and NO ONE will ever mistake Robby Anderson for Randy Moss.

Stop digging your hole.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Are these criticisms from knowledgeable football people or just fan criticisms? Any fan can say dumb stuff like Darnold = Sanchez 2.0 or Leonard Williams is fat on this site.

nycarl likes this.
  15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

There are always superstar WRs and other position players to be had, but the question is, are the Jets willing to pay the steep price for them? It appears management believes they can get by with a bunch of #2 WRs, retrieving other teams' castoffs along the way. The team would be a lot more entertaining to watch if they could land a wide out who can consistently electrify the team and the fanbase. Guys like Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Keyshawn Johnson and Wayne Chrebet had the ability to do this. Get some guys with similar abilities for Sam and there is no reason why he can't develop to be one of the top NFL QBs.

There is little or no relevance to the Moss/Anderson comparison, therefore, it hardly deserves a response (other than Moss was very progressive and open when it came to marijuana use). Most certainly, Anderson (and the rest of the Jets receiving crew) would benefit and up their game if the Jets had a #1. The Cowboys made a ballsy move by acquiring Cooper. Now, do the Jets have it in them to follow suit and roll the dice? Just look at where playing it "safe" has gotten us all these years.

#195 JoeWalton, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  16. GasedAndConfused

we were talking about fan critisms in the 1st place since the fans here are the ones criticizing robbie unjustly. i don't remember any analyst criticizing robbie or moss. as you said any fans can say dumb things which is what i was saying in the 1st place. fans here were making dumb criticisms about robbie the same way it was done to moss. and your darnold/sanchez and Williams examples are exactly the type of dumb criticisms i was defending Robbie against, like i did with both of those so not sure why all the rude and dumb comments for me doing that. too many people here criticize our players unjustly based on stats and it's quite dumb and annoying but fuck me for pointing that out i guess.

17. Rollo Tomassi

But YOU were the one comparing them when there is no comparison.

Robby was never Moss and Moss was NEVER Robby.

But keep digging your hole.

Harpua likes this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Robby does pretty well fighting for jump balls, let’s not dog him for not fighting for contested balls.

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

"You Got Robbed" does have a nice ring to it though.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'll take the word of NFL pros who called him things like a unbelievable talent and a student of the game as opposed to the noise fans make. You don't become one of the greatest receivers of all time as a one trick pony, that was a predraft statement by some that was quickly proven wrong on the field, something Robbie has yet to do. By mid season one everyone was raving about his talent.

Your full of shit on this and you know it. Completely flat out full of shit. This is almost as bad as your "breakdowns" of the QBs pre draft.