Jets place Elijah McGuire on injured reserve

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Sep 3, 2018.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Jets place Elijah McGuire on injured reserve
    Posted by Josh Alper on September 3, 2018, 4:07 PM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images
    Jets head coach Todd Bowles said late last monththat running back Elijah McGuire would not be ready to play in Week One due to a foot injury and suggested he might be a candidate for injured reserve with a chance to return later in the year.

That’s the route the Jets have decided to go. The team announced on Monday that McGuire has been placed on injured reserve and he’ll be eligible to be designated for return after six weeks on the list. He will be eligible to play again after eight weeks.

McGuire ran 88 times for 315 yards and a touchdown while also catching 17 passes for 177 yards and a touchdown during his rookie season in 2017. Isaiah Crowell and Bilal Powell are expected to carry the load in the backfield for the Jets.

With McGuire officially off the active roster, the Jets used his spot for linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu

2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

That will give them enough time to see what they have in Cannon.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

West should have stayed on the squad. He’s a very good pass blocker and much more reliable overall. Cannon is still a year away from being able to touch the field unless it’s garbahj time.

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think they will use Cannon the same way they used McGuire last year. Not too often but enough to see if there is any potential.

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I would feel more comfortable with the veteran West than Cannon in there. Cannon still needs to bulk up a bit and fix some ball security issues

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Although a very small sample size I liked what I seen out of Elijah McGuire last year as only a raw rookie. And Jacksonville was by far his best game. Hopefully he returns mid-season and by that time I hope Trenton Cannon has already flashed his potential.