Jets Need Of A Rb

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ViLmAfAn5128, Dec 19, 2006.

1. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

Yea Yea im happy for Leon, Ced, and Kevan, but we need a solid legitimate 1,000 yard rusher, either in the draft or free agency, no more RB by committee....

Kenny Irons anyone???

2. jamesAngleton

jamesAngleton New Member

What makes you think Cedric Houston cannot be a legitimate 1,000 yrd rusher? Can we give the guy a chance before we run him out of town? I think Houston and Leon make a formidable 1-2 combo. Every time Houston is called upon he delivers. What we need is a Demarcus Ware type OLB (hopefully in Woodley or Anthony Spencer) to complement Bryan Thomas and a stout DE for the 3-4. Move Hobson to ILB and watch Vilma become Teddy Bruschi.

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If by "delivers", you mean barely mediocre, then I agree.

What the Jets need is an improvement at RB, but also, they need to improve the right side of their offensive line, as well as more consistent blocking by the FB. The combination of the three will lead to a very successful running game next season.

4. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I don't think we should concentrate on a RB at all really. I'd rather give Leon and Cedric the 2007 season to fully show off what they can do in a full season.

5. lightning

lightning Active Member

We need a number one back who can do what both Leon and Ced can.

6. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

^FUCKING THANK YOU Lightning

7. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

What about using the Skins 2nd rounder on Michael Bush?

8. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Nah, he reminds me too much of another Ron Dayne.

9. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

No, the jets do not need a RB.

Start leon, and give both leon and ced about 15 carries each, with more to leon. (I think he can be this team's franchise back with 20+ carries per game).

10. Bawden

Bawden New Member

I like Michael Bush also but I think the Jets need a faster shiftier (sp) running back due to our o-line. Backs like Bush and Dayne are usually better bowling over CBs, and LBs then D-lineman so generally you need a big O-line to clear the way and then let him run over the secondary and such. We have a smaller faster pulling o-line better for faster guys who make quick cuts and are a smaller target and then outrun the secondary. I havent checked Louisvilles o-line or Wisconsins when Dayne was there but thats generally what I hear.

11. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Well in Wisconsin Dayne ran around deffenders, and never learned how to run over cbs and he didnt have the speed to outrun him. Thats what made him a terriable back...plus he was on the giants so that doesnt help.

12. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

yeah, i was about to say that to the other poster. Dayne was never a power back, he was always a fat finesse back. The Giants assumed because of his size he would move the pile. LOL, that really worked. Bush is a monster, a fast powerback. Also he use to be a QB, so we might be able to screw around with that on a trick play.

13. jetfan51

jetfan51 New Member

i'd stay with leon/ced unless burner turner from SD comes cheap

14. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I wouldn't take a rb with the first 3 picks unless they found a back that they thought could have an immediate impact and really be a special player. I would prefer they use the top 3 picks on a) a defensive lineman b) an offensive lineman and c) a pass rushing tweeners OLB. If you dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball you really don't need to have great great skill players to win.

15. jetfan51

jetfan51 New Member

or maybe not...LEON LEON LEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Neon Lean was balln' tonight. I really think we could put our top picks towards a greater purpose. I dont mind either way, just as long as we keep improving this team. Big things ahead.

17. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Keep those picks away from the rb for the time being. Keep building on that line, take another back late, look how good leon is and he's a 4th round pick. Unfortunately I don't see Cedric or Barlow as long term answers and I think Leon is better as a guy who touches the ball 10-15 games a game.

18. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Go Levi Brown In rd 1 and take with the Skins first pick in rd 2. He is an awesome combo.

19. lightning

lightning Active Member

Leon still hasn't showed the ability to consistently CARRY the ball. And i think we need an upgrade over Barlow/Houston, am i saying spend a first rounder? No, not necesarily, but it needs to be done in the first three rounds.

20. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Yeah your right i like Leon alot and I think he could be our version of reggie bush in our offense, but there is a reason why the Saints still need Deuce, leon wont be able run consistintly in this league either pick Lynch in the 1st round or trade for Portis.