Jets D-Line prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rambo13, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

D-Line help has to come in the form of whoever is available when the JETS picks comes up in: Gaines Adams, Quentin Moses, Alan Branch, LaMarr Woodley, even Marcus Thomas with his issues, and injured Justin Harrell in the first four rounds. The JETS need help on the D-Line and they must address it come draft time and free agency.

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

and hopefully his salary will go down by millions.

3. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

D. Robertson is so gone after this year. One because of his lack luster play and two because I think he is due 8 or 9 million next year. DO YOU THINK he is worth that much to be just moved around. OHHH NO -- See ya DR

4. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

There is no way Wilfork is actually 325 though.

5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, NFLDraftCountdown currently has these first round DT projections:

11) Alan Branch: 6'6", 331
    20) Quinn Pitcock: 6'3", 295
    22) Frank Okam: 6'5", 315
    25) Demarcus Tyler: 6'2", 305

6. There is a reason why so many teams that run a 3-4 struggle to find D-line depth. The prospects are very hard to come by.

This year's class really doesnt have any elite NT prospects. Okam has the makings of one...but he will need to add more weight and get stronger. Other than him, any DT we take projects more as a 3-4 end than anything else.

We're better off waiting till rounds 2 and 3 to take some lesser known guys who in time can develop into a quality 3-4 type DL than waste a 1st rounder on 1.

A first round pick should go towards a position of strength in this draft such as OL or WR.

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

1st round: Lamarr Woodley. This guy would be a outstanding Pass rushing OLB.
    2nd Round Adam Carriker. He will put enormous pressure on opposing QBs.
    3rd Round Amobi Okoye. He could turn out too be a solid NT.

8. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

I would really like to see us draft Branch with our first pick.A NT type and an impact player.I hope he's there when we pick because we could really use him.

9. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

That looks okay but we also have 2 2nd rounders which we could package, I would prefer a RB to go along with Leon in the second or late first, Bush or Lynch would be great, then 3rd Okoye

10. Vilmathegreat51

Vilmathegreat51 New Member

Yes that would be my ideal draft also. :beer:

11. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

I like Carriker in the second or later round.

12. toontheman88

toontheman88 Member

tradevilma.com

13. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I am posting this same message in the LB Prospect forum because it is more applicable there. I hope thats okay by the board "purists"

I think this is some interesting insight on Lamaar Woodley. Maybe he will be there for us to pick in the early 2nd. Which would make the first pick up in the air...

LaMarr Woodley had a great senior season and career at Michigan but as good as he was you can easily make the case that Anthony Spencer, not Woodley, was the best defensive end in the Big Ten this year. Woodley and Spencer might actually end up competing for draft position because they are both similar types of players and will be jockeying for that top 3-4 outside linebacker ranking. Right now I'd say Spencer is leading that race in the eyes of most scouts and he has a shot at round one, but Woodley is probably more of a 2nd rounder. Personally, I have Woodley rated a tad bit higher. At this point neither player is in the same class as DeMarcus Ware, Shawne Merriman, Kamerion Wimbley or even Manny Lawson though.

- Scott Wright, NFL Draft Countdown

Link: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/asknfldc/121506.html

#33 Tennessee Jet, Dec 16, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  14. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

With more and more teams playing the 3-4 defense, I'd be surprised if Woodley fell to round 2. There is too much of a premium on the 3-4 OLB for it to happen.

15. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Definately agree

16. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

That is true, but more and more teams have their OLBs filled at this point. Think Steelers, Cowboys, Browns, New England. The only team that will probably draft an OLB high is San Fran and possibly Cleveland unless I am forgetting someone.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Just watched BC beat the Midshipmen and BJ is an absolute run stuffing animal. As he is a Jnr I'm not sure wheather he will declare , but one for the future.

Finished the 2006 season with 60 career tackles (34 solos), 14.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 quarterback sacks and four pass breakup...has started 23 of the team's last 24 games

2006 Season
    Started 11 games at defensive tackle...had 20 tackles, including 13 solo stops...made 6.5 tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, forced one fumble and had three pass breakups...earned All-ACC second-team honors...made one tackle in season opener against Central Michigan...recorded three tackles (two solo) including one tackle for loss against Clemson...had two tackles (one solo) in win over BYU...made one tackle and had one pass breakup at North Carolina State...had three tackles (two solo) including 1.0 sack, 3.0 tackles for loss and one forced fumble against Maine...made three stops (three solo) including 1.0 sack and one pass breakup against Virginia Tech...recorded three tackles (two solo) and had one pass breakup at Florida State...had one assisted stop at Wake Forest...made two solo tackles against Maryland...at Miami, had one solo stop

Not breath taking stats but I think he could make the step up.

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Speaking of BC, if Jolonn Dunbar comes out as a junior, he projects REALLY well as a OLB in the 3-4 (he's too small to play ILB at 6'0 233). He was MVP of their bowl game today. 15 tackles, 4 for loss, 1 sack, 1 recovered fumble (that led to BC's win).

19. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Wilfork is easily 350 and he's so damn wide and he actually moves.

20. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

My wife made me go shopping with her today. I caught some of the game on during lunch but who is BJ?