Jets are reducing Season Ticket Prices for more than half the seats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Mike Capobianco

Just got off the phone with my Jet rep. Baffles me how they still consider PSLs an investment

Royal Tee and Brook! like this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi Mike

Welcome to the board. :) When you have some time in your hands please consider introducing yourself a little bit in below thread. Definitely no pressure. Do so if you feel like it.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/welcome-new-jets-fans-introduce-yo-self.78615/

Now about your discussion with the rep. What exactly did you request from the rep and got that answer? I am waiting to see how the QB situation will sort itself out before I jump on the season ticket bandwagon and I am extremely interested in hearing the Sales Rep stories.

3. Mike Capobianco

I’m a 30 year season ticket holder who put up 10000 dollars for the right to purchase 4 seats in Mezzanine B each year. I am not happy about the fact that the person sitting next to me can now spend the same as me without having to put up the 10000. They told me when the team gets good my investment will grow. What motivation do l have to re up with them when l can go to any game l want, sit in better seats, and still pay around half of what the Jets are charging me. They also told me when l signed up that the seats in Mezzanine B would never be sold as season tickets non psl. Liars

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I understand. Yes they are liars unfortunately. Not sure if current Mezz Season Ticket Holders can lawyer up and take the Jets to court. Good luck if you guys decide to do that. What Jets did was smart for bringing more people to the games but they shouldn't have done this to the expense of current Season Ticket Holders.

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. Mike Capobianco

I hope that it works out for you Brook but unfortunately for me, l am leaning towards walking away from my so called investment. I feel that based on the fans have talked to, concession prices, and don’t get me started on these players kneeling for the anthem, they are gonna lose more season ticket holders than they think.

6. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Gave up my season tickets after the 2016 season. Dont see any benefit of having them anymore. I could buy seats on Stubhub for less than face value to almost every game.

Both the Jets and the Giants really need to get out of the Meadowlands. The days of the suburban tri-state fans bringing their families to the game is over with the cost of food, gas, tolls, parking, etc. In NYC you need to attract the millenials who are moving to the city in droves and the tourists. The local football teams are not appealing to that segment in East Rutherford. Add in the fact that DUI laws have become so intense and less people are willing to drink and drive.

7. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Now you lose the money you spent on PSL's vs. your new "neighbor" and if you decide to opt for lower level you'll pay a minimum of $20/seat more per game. Screw you over on your PSL then ask you to pay more to move to another PSL location... lol that is Customer service at its best, Jets style!!!

It's just a matter of time until they start doing the same with other areas of the stadium (like my section) if season ticket sales continue to lag. I knew this would happen going in so I didn't over-spend and went with the cheapest PSL's I could find.

Brook! likes this.
  8. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Some area's in the Mezzanine do have clubs as well. Add to that boxes with no inside/outside option and you can see why many fans are not outside. It's all about the $$.. add more suites, add more club seats, people will go inside, spend $20 a shot for cheap booze and the team gets a nice boost in revenues per game, gets to over-price PSL's for those seats so that in the end the fans, not Woody or the Giants foot most of the bill for the cost of the stadium. The whole thing is a joke but people bought in.

To add insult to this the stadium is one of the worst designed, dullest I've ever seen. Yes, the concession area is large but guess what, bring friends or family (some want pizza, some chicken fingers, some sausage and peppers etc. and now you have to wait on multiple lines to get everything. Before you could get most at one stop. Again, its not for the fan it's for them, don't make it convenient.. make them spend more time in the concession area and they'll spend more.

I've complained about this from day 1, sent emails, called them, responded to their season ticket holder questionnaire's etc. and they still haven't made any changes. It's not about us or our game day experience, convenience etc. It's all about how they can get us to part with our $$$ for their benefit.

9. Mike Capobianco

Well said

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Sorry I have no sympathy for someone who shelled out thousand of dollars for the right to buy season tickets...if you thought that was a good investment I have some swamp land to sell you in Florida.

sec314 likes this.
  11. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

At least the Browns don't share their home field with another team. That being said this will bring down prices on the secondary market even more. Good for people like me who go to 2-3 games a year.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mike if you still owe them money on the PSL don't walk RUN away now ! When you get a minute cut and paste this same post in the BS forum -------theres an entire thread there on the NEW STADIUM and this entire ticket / PSL fiasco. Ps walk away cut your losses and either buy tix on stub hub or stay home . I started going to games now and then as a kid in shea,,,,In 1988 I started going to every game / a friend had season tix and I bought a few from him-and went to every game those 10 years straight ---In 98 got 8 TIX in my name-----after 1 year in the new place / with no PSL we sat in gods country near the low flying aircraft ----then we gave up the seats and I have NEVER EVER LOOKED BACK ( but I did not have a vested interest as you do with that PSL ) with a regret and up until 2 years ago I picked and chose which games I wanted on stub hub-----since then Im beyond fed up / the coach and team and owner Blow but I stray--good luck to anyone dealing with the Jets or their ticket reps they are all lying sacks of human feces

sec314 likes this.
  13. Mike Capobianco

You are right. Live and learn. But you can keep your swampland.

14. Mike Capobianco

my PSLs is paid for. No one will buy it now if they can get the same 4 seats from the Jets without it. They undercut me

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear this,,,,,,they suck

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG ...to hell with the Johnsons!

Is there another company that sells Band aids????? Lol

Boycott everything...sorry pal

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Half Price for seats???>>>>>>>>>The Fire Sale Has Started over the sh@t product fielded by those crooks?!?

Hope this is the End for Woody and Waldo

Let the Concessations vacate the premises ...go to greener pastures

Cya...

Royal Tee likes this.
  18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We have to start putting out feelers for legal... this is that Trump style bamboozle....

Brook! likes this.
  19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you expect me to be fucking happy? seriously? fuck you.

how about they give me back good sightlines and 2nd row mezz at the 15 yard line for 75 bucks a game. instead of fucking everyone in the ass and making it a 7500 dollar psl and a 450 ticket. those cock suckers would have to do just that to get me to be a season ticket holder.

fucking shitbag stadium and shitbag owner and organization. ugh that annoys the shit out of me. i cant even explain how glad i am that i never even thought about buying a stupid psl in the now mid life mausoleum.

/end rant. i wish 227 were around to give a comment on this thread.

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I doubt it - it sounds like the exact same situation that you have every day on airplanes, on cruise ships, and in hotels - people paying all sorts of different prices for the same exact product. Unless when people bought PSLs they were told that that meant that only other PSL holders would ever have season tickets in the same section (which was mentioned above), there's nothing illegal with what they're doing.