Jets apparently about to sign JJ Wilcox

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Miles is a very good special team player. That loss will be felt but not necessarily on defense.

macbk and rohirrim665 like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

lol sorry Mate ...Go homer for Bowles NFL Coach of the Year

3 years on it will be the same for him except he will be canned before that and this discussion meaningless

Homer all you want..leave it at that

We have Sam Teddy and McGown plus a whole new bag of groceries purchased by Mac

Check out all the terrible calls this Coach makes in game eg punting and going for field goals like clockwork

Name ONE brilliant game TB Coached..plus two OCs later the CS still suxs

Ralebird likes this.
  3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Yeah, you would know this by an interview. Because IQ level is a great indicator of coaching ability. Then again everyone thinks the Jets are in good shape with their coaching staff, outside of Jets fans who let's face it have complained about every HC after Weeb.

Actually they complained about Weeb

#43 LF911SC, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Walt White and FJF like this.
  4. LF911SC

You're telling people to give examples? That's amazing.

Tell me two games where Bowles coaching directly led to a loss. One? Once again how many games should his first team have won? 11? 12? 13? 14? He did a shitty job but won 10 so how many did he cost us? How about a year ago? How many wins did you write down for the Jets? 6, 7, 8, 9, 10…? Again he, sucks costs the Jets wins. How many games would we have won if one of your nameless people coached the team?

It's so much easier to blame one person than to actually discuss the teams talent and look realistically at the roster.

#44 LF911SC, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Walt White, K'OB and FJF like this.
  5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just forget since U R on the same mental level as Bowles Vs Belly :mad:

6. LF911SC

Says who? The genius who made the comment questioning TBs mental ability like you actually have a clue?

What crawled up your ass?

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I have no hatred for Bowles. It would be ridiculous to have hatred for someone I have absolutely no relationship with. It is also ridiculous for anyone to think that someone would hate a person because of the job they have.

I don't know how many times it has been said "that players love playing for Bowles" either. I have never seen an unsolicited quote that is anything other than what an average person would say when asked for publication how they like their boss.

To repeat, I'm curious as to whether the Tweet was simply a metaphor for wanting to play for the Jets or an actual desire to work for Bowles; if the latter it would be interesting to follow up on that line.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2017/12/22/todd-bowles-letting-the-players-do-his-campaigning-for-him/

9. Ralebird

Great headline - did you read the article?

Following Sunday’s 31-19 loss to the Saints, rookie safety Jamal Adams went to bat for Bowles, saying, “he’s doing a phenomenal job.” And on Thursday, cornerback Buster Skrine made similar comments.

“I think he should be here,” Skrine said. “A lot of people said we didn’t have the roster to win a game. … I know as a team we want Todd back. He’s a consistent coach.”

Two guys get asked how they like their boss and respond as expected. I don't find that meets the level of the team loving to play for him. Your mileage may vary.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Thanks for the honest answer champ

K'OB likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

12. BroadwayAaron

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...competitiveness-reflects-on-bowles/108316792/

I mean there are plenty of quotes were players support Bowles and that's only from like, three weeks worth of stories I found by clicking the first few links on the google machine.

BudJet likes this.
  13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Dang Freddie Bishop waived in wake of signing Wilcox.

14. BroadwayAaron

I know, it's a conversation that's going to go nowhere. I blame myself for engaging.

FJF likes this.
  15. Ralebird

94Abraham likes this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You know you are on a loser when Ralebird likes your post :)

Keep on hating if you like, just makes it a long season for you and everybody else lol

I am aware of his previous mistakes but we will see what occurs in the future when we actually have a team worth giving a fuck about.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Any one of those guys can be released without much cap hit, but the Jets like them all.
    They just gave Miles a 1.9M contract, and he contributes on all 4 core special teams units.

I don't see Wilcox as an upgrade in talent, so he'd have his work cut out just to make the team at this already crowded position.
    might have been better off in SF.

18. BacktoQueens

Ah just saw this.
    Now it makes sense, as Wilcox is a similar type player, and has a good history on specials.
    He's insurance while Miles is out.

I said Wilcox would need an injury to make the team, and maybe he's looking to come here as he knows there's already an injury opportunity in place.

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They have been looking for safety help since signing those guys, brought in Vacarro, now signed Wilcox. They couldntc have liked the group that much if they gave them contracts they can walk away from with no cap hit and are looking for upgrades.
    Either way, competition in camp is a good thing.
    Edit .brought in Vacarro for a visit. I know someone will think I meant signed him....

20. BacktoQueens

Read above post. Miles is injured, which is why they've been pursuing more S depth.