Jeff Faine

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin is the man, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Martin is the man

Just a question here but do you guys feel that with Bentely going to the Browns they would put former 1st round pick Jeff Faine on the Trading block. He's still in his early to mid 20s, he's very quick, tough, and strong. He can take over the starting job at center. No sense in having this guy warm the bench. Let me know

2. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

I think Bentley will move back to guard, where he started in the NFL. He is a better guard than center.

3. Bentley will play guard, which is his better position.

4. NYJ-E-T-S 2006

NYJ-E-T-S 2006 New Member

I think Cleveland will just move one them to guard. Bentley has experience at that position. Cleveland's O Line is so bad and they have enough cap room where they can afford to keep them both.

5. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

There line is going to be good this year. With signing Andruzzi last year. Faine progressing well. Now these 2. Still need a RT.

6. Martin is the man

They already have two pretty good guards, Joe Andruzzi whos 31 and C. Coleman who still in his 20s. I agree with everyone that Bentley can play guard but why do it when you have two good guards as it is.

7. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Why settle for good when you can get great?

8. Maybe Coleman or Andruzzi move to OT

9. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Both guys are not known for their mobility, even for guards. Coleman will probably become depth. Can't have enough depth as we found out.

Cleveland has the 12th pick and has been projected to take Justice by some. Wow. If they did (unlikely now), That would be some OL.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Coleman isn't good..... I don't know where you got that from. Cleveland wanted to improve their interior line because he sucks.

11. Yeah..I think they take Winston as well. Looks like Crennel is taking a Bellichick type approac to the Ol in having as much starting depth as possible.

12. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Bentley's arrival means the Browns will have to move or release injury-prone center Jeff Faine. A former first-round pick, Faine has played well in spurts but has finished the past three years on injured reserve. It wouldn't make sense for the Browns to keep Faine as a high-priced backup.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/03/11/bc.fbn.brownssignings.ap/index.html

Maybe they will get rid of Faine after all. I was on a Browns board for awhile and that is their opinion as well. Faine is talented (1st rounder), but hasn't finished a season yet. He might fit in well with Penny (I'm ashamed of myself for saying that).

13. Khan

Khan Active Member

I don't like Faine because he looks like an alien...at least in the picture of him in Madden.

14. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo New Member

tackle?

Don't they have one already?
    Schaffer? They signed two OL today

from another board:
    >>The Browns are gonna have a very solid OL with Faine most likely moving to G since Bentley will play Center. A line of (something like): Schaffer, Andruzzi, Bentley, Faine, Shelton/Tucker. <<