Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I've been looking at the radar,,,,,Jays area and others are just getting pounded with rain. storm is crawling this is gonna do some serious damage to that coast

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

now Category 1 storm

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

watching the weather ch rite now,,,,,,the strongest winds are still off shore , storm is crawling

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The WTC is reporting live from Wilmington,,,,,,they say top winds have hit 92 mph and that its getting pounded. I hope Jay and everyone there is hanging in it had to be a rough night. The eye or what is left of it is very close to his backyard.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

can't share the video ugh

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yes, that's why Ive been harping on about the flooding.... hopefully everything works out.
    I can see some trees coming down due to soft soil too

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Guy on TV Broadcasting from Wilmington showed the Cape Fear River , he said that hours ago it was flowing North to South but showed it live just now and you literally see it flowing the opposite direction right now = its now South to North. I think Jay said he's a half Mile from Cape Fear River but not sure

8. stinkyB

I really hope those photos were pre-storm prep and he tried to waterproof his house the best he could....

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

No power for over 3 hours now

Listening to radio there was a tornado signature 2 towns over heading my way
    One of the scariest moments of my adult like

10. stinkyB

I drove through one spawned by an outer feeder band of Irma last year while crossing the Matanzas inlet bridge.... 1 of 2 times in my life when I briefly thought I may die o_O

11. GordonGecko

Those are the times you get real intimate with your bathtub

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Wilmington is continuing to get hit by incredibly heavy bands from the storm, which will be continuing for hours to come. Hope @jaywayne12 is doing okay. He said a couple of days ago that he is "a few miles from Wrightsville Beach," which is precisely where the storm made landfall.

#13932 statjeff22, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. stinkyB

LOL. I always thought the WC was bullshit, but this takes the cake.

On a serious note, I'm gonna guess Jay will regret "toughing" this one out..... It's one thing to lose power, it's another to not have it when you cant open windows for days, can't grill your food in the freezer that's on it's way to spoiling... not to mention a more serious lack of toilet / utilities due to flood water.

Hopefully he's ok. It's hard to gauge due to bullshit like the example above, but watching those orange bands right over that city last night doesnt look good.
    Hopefully his house doesnt flood. Frame house with vinyl siding would probably have to be stripped to the studs...... and that's not taking into consideration of the nastiness of what's actually in flood water. Unlike the storm surge, which will receed fairly quickly, Rain flood sticks around awhile.

I don't know much about the area, but a quick look at some maps gave me a bad feeling... looks like HIGH flood potential to me (hopefully I'm wrong!) While it may not be directly from the storm surge, the surge prevents rainwater runoff into swollen rivers. This what happenned to alot of people here in Irma (that also flooded from Matthew)... several days of howling onshores pushed water into the inlets and had the intracoastal maxed out, so when the extreme rain started it had nowhere to go.

If it does flood "Shockwave" is the disinfectant to buy. It's like $70 a gallon shipped, but hospital grade super industrial strength (like 3oz per gal). I sprayed and fogged my whole house with it after Matthew. At least my house is concrete block though.

Good Luck Jay...

#13934 stinkyB, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    FJF and CBG like this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I spoke to him briefly and all was well but that was when it first hit I did not get any word yesterday I was hoping that he would be able to post , that said hopefully he is well and the damage if any is minimal ,,,post soon Batman !!!

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I actually texted a few times with Jay today,,,,he's ok .I will let him come on here and give details as actually I don't have many I'm still waiting for him to send me some damn pictures . Im sure its a nightmare by him,, he said no power and yes that tree in front of his house went down but no one and nothing was hurt by it. Hang in there Jayster

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  17. stinkyB

Good to know. Pretty minor if that's all that happenned considering the circumstances. So no flooding?

Hopefully he had plenty of supplies stocked up, along with propane and charcoal.... and ICE

18. GordonGecko

Did I see right that Wilmington got over 50" of rain in 3 days

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stinky I was mostly just going back and 4th with Jet game updates and will let him come on here and tell his story.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Fukin Morning weatherguys said no rain til tomorrow...
    Setting up to mow the lawn which is a fkin task and guess what?
    PSSSSSSHSHHHHHHH...yea. Fuk these guys man ..seriously.

Now I have to plan another afternoon because fukers can't get 1 day right. arrrgh!!
    *Rant Ova*....
    *maybe*