Jamal Adams Talks about Week 8

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 31, 2018.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

For the second time this season Jamal Adams has come out and addressed the media saying the defense was "unprepared". This time it was against the Bears, the first time was against the Browns in regards to Baker Mayfield playing.
    Todd Bowles in an effort of damage control was quick to respond after the Browns matchup saying Adams "misspoke".

To me this is very telling. I would say the majority of fans have been unimpressed with Bowles in his tenure and that's putting it mildly.
    I myself was willing to give him 2018 as a chance to redeem himself and his game management woes, simply because he had changed the culture and attitude of the team uniting them and thus believing in the structure him and his staff are putting in place.

These comments of being unpreparedness echo lowkey shots from the vocal leader of the defense, and that is not good. The one reason I wss willing to give Bowles the benefit of the dought for it seems as if he's losing there too. I would hate to see any signs of regression of this young team after years of trying to get players to buy in and believe in one another.

I know the vast majority of us dislike Bowles, but I think most of us would admit making staff changes mid season could only be detrimental. But, if we can what is the level headed analysis of these remarks?

grkmanga31, boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Can you not put a link up to for Adams quotes.

It does make life so much easier for everybody that is good enough to read your post.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Adams said this - again - that's very troubling, and may sound the death knell for Bowles. I'm more troubled by the possible "mutiny" by one of the supposed foundational players than by the level of play of the defense in the Bears game - although I'm saying I think they played great. They held the Bears to 7 points into the second half, and had the offense done ANYTHING to keep the defense off the field they might've done much better. But as HC, Bowles is also responsible for the offense (and ST), and so their failing goes on his scorecard too, not to mention the idiotic decisions to decline a the 2nd and 20 penalty and punting under 6 minutes down 2 scores, and not using a hurry-up/no huddle offense under 10 minutes. Apparently Adams didn't have anything to say about these failures.

If Bowles has lost Adams, he's lost the team.

4. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Royal Tee, Biggs and GasedAndConfused like this.
  7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Retraction:
    My apologies, the quote from Adams was not verbatim "unprepared". Although I do think the comments from him hold true to everything I associated with it in my post.

#7 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What the hell?

The defense came unprepared?

Look. You ain't beating anybody with 10 points on the board. That's on OFFENSE. WE came unprepared? Maybe that's his way of throwing the offense under the bus, but if anything, the defense DID come prepared, and did keep the game close for 3 quarters. Jets offense scored a paltry 3 points throughout all that. If you blame the defense for this loss - you have no idea what you are doing.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How about Adams once again saying stuff to the media? It doesn't make for a good optic when for the second time, a player on the defense questions either the gameplan or the overall preparedness after a loss. It reflects poorly on Bowles that players feel comfortable just saying what's on their minds to a borderline hostile media. Its bad enough the Jets are losing badly in a year they were supposed to lose competitively, but to have guys come out publicly saying it looks and smells bad. I would imagine all of the peace and harmony we've been hearing from the Jets might not be entirely correct..Evidently Adams isn't good with it which in the long run is a good thing. Perhaps more of his brothers on that team should get angry too. Here's a thought: How about the HC getting mad at a bad call every once in a while...

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

DarrelleRevis.Human? likes this.
  11. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

He's used the word correctly I reckon. He's saying his use of Adam's quote wasn't exactly word for word (i.e. verbatim) but in his opinion the message was clear.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Bowles>Adams

Right?

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

His comments were telling. In an organization full of losers, Adams is a winner and this stuff has got to be killing him.

I fully expect punishment from Bowles, and a subsequent retraction/apology/clarification from Adams because that's how loser teams work.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The notion that this team enters games unprepared is not news to anyone that follows the Jets. Very rarely do we provide 4 quarters of consistent effort, without a myriad of stupid mistakes, particularly false starts, holding, and encroachment. Even more disheartening, is that when the team comes prepared and plays hard the first half, we often self distruct in the second half, not too mention zero adjustments made on either side of the ball.
    So the players are obviously thinking what many of us see on the field.
    Unprepared and undisciplined. My two cents.

15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I guess the D were unprepared for dealing the continual diet of 3 and outs the O served up. The D was fine in the main. Adams needs to learn to use that little inside voice more.

forevercursed likes this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

No he didn’t

nyjetsmets89 and Cidusii like this.
  17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Geeze what a surprise with this CS... Some posts back - maybe the love/hate TB thread - I said the only consistent thing about this team was its inconsistency which has occurred in the four years TB has been coach. His mandate was to have the team progress... NY POST: When Jets CEO Christopher Johnson sat down with reporters in September, he reiterated his stance that there was no playoff mandate for Jets coach Todd Bowles. Johnson said he was looking for a different P word: progress.

IMHO they are not... the team is consistently inconsistent and seems unprepared at times and is not making progress when he same problems recur on a weekly basis. Please fire this bum

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Didn't Adams also make comments about the culture of last year's team being bad as well?

boozer32 and Cman68 like this.
  19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

This guy does all his talking in the first and second quarters of games and during the week.

When opposing offenses are going through the Jets defense like a hot knife through butter in the second half of games he's quiet as a mouse.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Putting quotations around unprepared is terribly misleading.