Jamal Adams knows- Bowles is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Bowles is a steady, solid guy and a great defensive mind. The Jets last year completely outperformed their talent. Last nights game means nothing but there looks like two QB's who can actually play at a high level on the team and the roster looks much better and deeper than in years. What stuck out last night was how well prepared the entire roster looked. Very few guys, including guys who are nothing but camp bodies, were in position and played solid football. This team is being coached and has a clue. Relax.

The Jets ownership under Woody has been horrendous. The guy is clueless. He looks like he finally stepped in something that isn't dog shit with his GM and Head coach. Things are finally looking positive. Enjoy it.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You left out how he really stepped into something when he relinquished control of the team to his brother Chris. The whole organization seems different somehow.

K'OB, IIMeanDeanII and Harpua like this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Wanna put a C on his jersey too so we know he's a leader?

Leadership doesn't mean opening his big, fat mouth to the press just because they ask him a question, throwing teammates & coaches under the bus.

THAT'S WHAT A LOCKER ROOM CANCER DOES!

He doesn't have the "pelts" yet to be any type of leader on this team.

Leader like the term "franchise QB" isn't a title that's earned on draft day that comes with consistant on the field excellence, big performances in big games, TIME!!!

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Are you saying that Adams is a locker room cancer? So far, nothing from the players, coaches, and media indicates that.

NCJetsfan, FJF, Harpua and 1 other person like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

A.) Are you saying that Jamal Adams didn't stick up for his head coach last year while Bowles was on the hot seat?

B.) Are you also saying that Jamal Adams didn't go out of his way to stand alongside of Johnson/Maccagnan/Bowles @ our facility in order to represent our organization with class when recruiting each and every potential Free Agent target?

If you said no to either A or B. A.) You don't follow the team & B.) You're clueless.

K'OB and Harpua like this.
  6. LF911SC

I already know hes a leader, dont need the C, do you?

NO one said leadership comes from opening your mouth, youre saying it. Adams isnt. Bowles isnt. Teammates arent. The press isnt. You are though.

What I will say is that anyone who thinks J Adams is a locker room cancer has no idea what they are talking about with regards to the player or a locker room

K'OB, KurtTheJetsFan and Harpua like this.
  7. WarriorRB28

Of course not.

I'm just pointing out that what he did by throwing teammates & coaches under the bus is cancer-like behavior not leadership.

Now if he keeps it up ...

8. WarriorRB28

Right now I do think he needs a C on his jersey for me to ID him as a team leader.

He doesn't have the pelts yet for me to consider him a leader.

When he does something of note in the NFL I'll care what he has to say.

Getting drafted high, one 5-11 season where his performance left something to be desired isn't making me want to cannonize him, view him as the second coming of Victor Green.

PAY YOUR DUES FIRST, ADAMS!!!

9. LF911SC

Again, you dont get what goes into being a team leader.

McCown is clearly a team leader, was last season. Has an award that says he was.

He has a part of that same 5-11 team, came from a 1 win Browns team and has few pelts on his belt. Hes paid no dues for his place as a leader. You can disagree all you want that hes not a leader but the guys in his locker who decide this say he is. Youre wrong

When did Victor Green become a great leader? One that you would want to be the second coming of?

10. WarriorRB28

Where did you pull out McCown's name from? LOL

McCown may well be a leader on this team, he played at a professional level of play in 2017, he's been a pro on and off the field for the Jets which is more than I can say for some of the other QBs we've seen around here.

Ah now we're getting somewhere.

Am I supposed to get all warm n fuzzy inside about a "team leader" of a 5-11 team? That's the ultimate goal here?

The way the media raves about McCown's role here if I didn't know better I'd think I was watching the end of Brett's career or Elway. LOL

The camera shot yesterday of McCown cheering Darnold's first NFL first down - roster spot clinched. Whatta guy!!! LOL

The Jets haven't made the playoffs since 2010. Back-to-back 5-11 seasons in 2016 & 2017.

A lotta people here players, coaches, front office have a lot to prove.

How old are you? 14?

Victor Green was a great Jet.

11. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I just hope that Adams doesn’t become the problem.. for some reason when he talks he reminds me of Pryor when he talks.. Pryor was a common quote for our writers, way too much for what he did..just a gut feeling but I hope that’s not the case..Btw we haven’t heard too much from him where it matters yet- on the field in camp- where it actually matters

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's because they know nothing about SEC Football.

I'm an FSU fan of the ACC but being in Florida for many of years now, deep down in the South I've literally fell in love with S.E.C Football. I can't get enough of it. The SEC is my Saturday afternoon stomping grounds.

These guys have zero idea what Jamal Adams meant to that LSU locker room. Or the leadership he played with and inspired others to play with. Jamal Adams is beloved by LSU.

Jamal Adams was LSU's natural born leader while playing football deep down in the south... Not "Leonard Fournette".

These people are clueless on how beloved & respected Jamal Adams is as both a young man and player.

They have absolutely no idea that Marcus Maye (Florida) and Jamal Adams (LSU), both out of the SEC, have both wanted to play with each other on the same team since dating back to High School.

But now? You'll begin to see certain types of spiteful Jet fans attempt to put Marcus Maye & Jamal Adams against one another, as if their enemies. "OMG. Maye had two more INT's than Adams. OMG." Um. No. Sorry. It doesn't quite work like that.

They're now one of the NFL's most respected, feared and dynamic duo's as an electric Safety tandem and a prime examples of why most SEC QB's never sniff the NFL. Due to being embarrassed by the likes of SEC Defensive Stars such as Adams, Mayday & countless of others.

Do some of these proppe not know just how many former LSU & SEC studs and/or future NFL ballers (not only Marcus Maye) would love to play alongside of and on the same team as a Jamal Adams? Too many to count.

Half these people in question wouldn't even dare step up onto the field and line up against Jamal Adams over the middle of the field without being too scared to catch the ball and get rocked SEC/Safety style, so listening to them post with their fearless internet criticism is hypocritical to begin with.

Kid walked up to the podium on draft night with his New York Jets hat on and with so much pure emotion and with so much joy. So much heart was displayed by that young man while on that stage.

And now coming off of a rookie campaign consisting of 1st Team All-Rookie honors and finished top 5 in Defensive Rookie of the Year honors.

He's the Rex Ryan type leader you want in your Safety.

He's everything these pundits cried Rhodes wasn't. He's the exact mold these people wanted Kerry Rhodes to be outside of Kerry himself being soft and feminine while playing with a lack of physically, toughness and hunger.

Now being made to piss spit and crap on.

Leadership? They have no idea.

I guess they were o.k with the Wilkerson, Richardson, Shitztragic, Brandon Marshall and Cromartie types running our locker room for all of those years. Well Jamal Adams wasn't. And didn't RESPECT the culture losing culture he was drafted into. Good for him better for us long term. Because LSU is no losing culture.

I'm pretty suck both of Nick Mangold & Ferguson were tired of that SAME EXACT locker room Adams was drafted into too.

LF911SC likes this.
  13. LF911SC

Asking if you would feel warm and fuzzy about a team leader who came off a losing team or season says you absolutely have no idea what you're taking about when it comes to leadership. You're just too confused. Best part you find that funny.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Josh McCown is a good person, a loving father, a great family man, cool dude to have in your locker room and a special teammate.

He's also a real mentor for younger Quarterbacks and potentially a good future NFL QB coach due to now being in his 17th NFL season of experience.

But he's not a Franchise leader and never has been one.

At the end of the day (on an NFL level) he's been nothing more than a career backup of an NFL journeymen who's played for 8 different teams consisting of a career QB Rating of only 80.8 along with a career losing record of 23-50 (.315%) and dating back to 2002 (his rookie year) he's only finished 1 season with an above .500 record (2013 @ 3-2 overall), 2 seasons of .500 play (3-3 & 1-1) and 7 losing seasons along with another 6 seasons of 0-0 records.

• Good person.
    • Loving father.
    • Great family man.
    • Special teammate.
    • Cool dude to have in locker room.
    • Real mentor for young QB's.
    • 17th season. 8th team.
    • Career backup QB.
    • Career journeyman.
    • 23-50 overall record (.315%).
    • Potential NFL QB coach.

Etc. Etc.

He's all of the above. And then some. That's his career in a nutshell. But he's not to be confused as a Franchise leader. Never has been. Never was.

#134 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    boozer32 likes this.
  15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should ask yourself that question because you start arguments with everyone. DWC and I aren't arguing we are discussing the leadership or lack of this player. I also do not have to know exactly what happens behind closed door because Adams blasted it to the media. That makes it common knowledge.

16. boozer32

The pro bowl thing is a pipe dream not a barometer on someone leadership. You misunderstood that. Ok in your own words go ahead and explain to me what your version of leadership should look like.

17. boozer32

Absolutely.

18. LF911SC

Really?

I didnt mean argue in the fighting sense of the word. How about this, why is it some fans think being contrary and takng the opposite view of every single complimentary accept belief has to be typed. You do it all the time. You have to know how people will react and then when they do you accuse them of starting the argument. Interesting posting style.

Of course it also just happens to be the definition of trolling.

BTW, if youre going to comment about what players think about another player, if youre going to claim they dont do good you need to know what theyre saying or how theyre reacting behind closed doors. Saying that someone dogged it last season doesnt tell you anything about any of this. No common knowledge

#138 LF911SC, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    boozer32 likes this.
  19. boozer32

Fair enough I will try and be more descriptive and clean it up. Not being sarcastic but I agree with your point.