It's not McCown, but...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 29, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It was meaningless Day One when Bowels came out of the locker room

NYJetsO12 and BomberJet like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Why do I keep thinking Bowles would make a great HS coach..lotsa running plays and prevent D

Maybe he reminds the young kids of their " daddy" coach so he is so popular ahaha

Someone once told me a bad field favors the passing game ..when both teams heaved it worked like a charm..except for one or two good runs by Devonta Freeman

boozer32 likes this.
  3. boozer32

How would we freaking know!!!!!!! We know McCown sucks and has sucked for 10 plus years. Is that going to help the Jets next year? Is it gonna help the Jets next week?

BomberJet likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

Plus 100 ..had a bad feeling bout him as opposed to Mac

So is this Herm ver 2 or was Herm better?

boozer32 likes this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Herm's teams had discipline and committed few penalties. They also had many veterans that had been trained up by BP.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

Yep we don't have the culture of the Maras Rooneys or Krafty Kraft

No football common sense

boozer32 likes this.
  7. boozer32

It is Bowles fault. It all falls on the head coach. This is his team and especially his defense and both are the weak links to this team right now. As long as he is around the team will not be competitive, will not win, will not be properly coached.

8. boozer32

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Personally, I'd start McCown this week due to the short week. After they lose, again, then make the switch, when they have over a week to prepare. The timing couldn't be more ideal at that point.

Mogriffjr and LarryAlRalph like this.
  11. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Why is it that Petty will die horribly in a nanosecond behind the same O-line that's worked pretty hard in front of McCown - the same McCown who is 2nd in the NFL in completion percentage?

And really, the Jets got their first sack in 2017 from a D-lineman today. But, McCown ...

<SMFH>

fggrimes likes this.
  12. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

You know who should be starting for the jets? Deshawn Watson

94Abraham and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hell. a lot of people on this board would have Petty throwing Pick-6's when he's still in the lockerroom suiting up.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Good offensive line can make a mediocre QB look good. Don't just take my words for it; a lot of NFL defenses are geared up to limit the time QB has on his hands after the snap.

Will bad OL make good QB look bad? Not necessarily; QBs can direct the OL in a way that can help the offense better.

Question boils down to:

1. Jets OL; are they good? Of course HELL FUCKING NO.
    2. Is Petty good and mature enough to direct the protection? Again, HELL NO.

It's not even like he is well versed in Morton's offense either. So - I don't see what is there to gain by thrusting Petty into the starting lineup in the middle of the season. [That's 2016 part deux.] It is not even like he had sufficient practice time 1. during the summer or 2. during the season either.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's not McCown, it's the ridiculous worship of Vince Lombardi's quote: "Winning isn't everything...it's the ONLY thing".

So, winning - or trying to - a few meaningless games, is more important than finding out what you have and developing a sound foundation for ling term success. Question: When Cashman traded away several of his best relief pitchers last season, even when the Yanks were still in the hunt, was that dumb? Was that "defeatist"? How does that "quitter's mentality" look now? This is the approach the Jets never take. They seem to have no capacity for long term thinking. They follow Wimpy's Law: "I'll gladly give you two hamburgers tomorrow for one hamburger today". They're willing to give away the future because they don't value it, they only value today. It's no wonder they continue to lose!

The GM, Macc in this case. SHOULD have a clear long term vision and his decisions should always be in line with that, but does anyone see this happening? I don't know if this failure is because Macc is clueless, or if he's being giving direction from the clueless owner(s), but one thing I do know: if they don't get a blueprint in place, starting with getting a FQB and building the team around him, this team is doomed.

BomberJet likes this.
  16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Like I always say: we don't know. He might. He might not.

In the grand scheme of things, that doesn't really matter; his coach has his head so far up his ass that he looks like a torus.

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

McCown should start against Buffalo because of the short week. Then he should never see the field again.

dman928 likes this.
  18. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed we won 3 games(Though i always love beating the dolphins). I truly do not want to see Petty and Hack if they cannot adjust their game to quickly releasing the rock. They would get killed behind this oline it is true

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Thursday is too soon to start one of the kids. However, after that 4th quarter collapse, there Jets will be 3-5, and the FO/CS should know that their season is over. The additional time should be used to get one of the kid QBs ready to go. And, let's be honest, if we want the Jets to be efficient and use the process to get a good pick, they should start Hackenberg.

TL;DR: Start Hack; go 0-8; get a top-five pick

Edit: A more interesting question is if they properly execute the tank (but stay competitive), do the Jets can Mac and Bowles?

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The really scary thing is, there is no proof that the Jets could develop a QB even if they drafted a can't miss prospect. Then again, the Jets don't draft can't miss QB prospects so those kids can relax.