Is Brady the Greatest QB of All Time?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by nyjunc, Feb 2, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think he has now done enough to move past Montana in my book. against an all time great D led his team back from 10 pts down in the 4th qtr to win the SB.

I know Joe was 4-0 in SBs which is better than 4-2 but NE's D's blew both of those SBs and in Joe's era the gap btw the AFC and NFC was incredibly wide, the real SB was the NFC title game in those days.

There's much more to it than just wins and losses but wins and losses and how you play in big games is a big part of it. Tom Brady took a franchise heading down the toilet and resurrected it to heights no team has seen in the SB era. The talent NE won w/ last night was a joke. Outside of Gronk he doesn't have a single AP caliber player around him and he continually gets to title games and SBs.

A year ago w/ 5x as much talent one of the best QBs of all time could only muster 8 pts in garbage time against the same D. Down 10 in the 4th qtr Brady led a far less talented O to 14 pts and the win.

I despise NE but I have a great appreciation for what Brady has been able to do. The sad part is thinking about how he could have been a Jet. If BB doesn't walk out he has the same staff in place he had in NE and we don't have 4 1st rounders.

I look forward to the day when Tom Brady retires so NE can stop dominating this division and they can slink back to obscurity.

It's hard to separate the guys at the top when discussing all time great QBs, we all have our opinions but my opinion now leads off w/ Brady at #1.

BeastBeach and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

... only if you never saw Montana play. Brady isn't even better than Peyton Manning.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

We wouldn't be having this conversation right now if Seattle hadn't made the worst call in NFL history.

New England had given up. They weren't calling timeout and the game was over. Brady had lost.

Say what you will, but that game was lost by Seattle, not won by New England in my eyes.

Hobbes3259 and JetsHuskers fan like this.
  5. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

I agree and we're not in the minority.

rammagen and Burning Elvii like this.
  6. Falco21

And I'm not taking away from how well New England played.

Seattle won that game. 2 yard line, 29 seconds left, and 2 timeouts. No way you lose with Lynch.

So in my eyes, Seattle lost.

7. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I disagree with the last sentence, because I hate that phrase/ term. But I agree with the rest of your post... it was a great performance, no doubt, but the LOB was banged up and lost key players such as Cliff Avril and Jeremey Lane during the game. The Seahawks defense last year in February was in better shape, and are we just going to ignore SB 42 and 46- SBS where Tom Brady's team were shut down by decent Giant defenses?

#7 BigSnacks54, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah I'm going to disagree with you on this, I don't even have Brady as #2. Yes wins and losses in the SB are important but so is integrity and Brady has none. He lied through his teeth when he said he had no idea the balls were deflated because he clearly indicated that in the past he liked the balls deflated. He was also the guy who really pushed for teams to be able to handle the balls before kickoff in 2007 which is when the NFL changed the rule and coincidentally NE began to have this abnormal ability to not fumble the ball. Everything they have done the past 15 years is covered with clouds of doubt they did anything legit. You throw in Spygate and they are still yet to win a legit SB without some suspicion of them cheating.

And Falco is right, I'm not going to go as far to say that New England didn't win it but that game was over and Seattle made one of the worst calls if not the worst call in NFL history.

Last year was last year and has no bearing on this year Seattle was missing Sidney Rice, Brandon Browner, Harvin and Golden Tate. They also lost Lane and their starting LB in this game due to injury before the Pats made their comeback so that plays a major factor. Let's also factor in that Sherman and Chancellor were also a little banged up.

Oh and for the record I have Elway as my #2 behind Montana.

rammagen, Brook! and Burning Elvii like this.
  9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

10. Falco21

I'm not saying New England didn't win the game. Obviously, they did and they played extremely well.

I guess my choice of words is wrong because I don't know how else to put it lol Seattle blew that game completely. That game was over and done with and New England had given up. If it wasn't for that call, New England would be crying their eyes out and Brady would have lost yet another Super Bowl.

This all came down to one play call.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach....... Brady wouldn't hold up if he played in that era . No way no how, Tom Brady would have had zero respect from those who played the game back in the day when they saw him even once going into the FECAL position to avoid a hit. Bradshaw was a tough guy. Even Montana, in his own way, was a tough guy. Staubach, played in many big games and was tough

14. Burning Elvii

dumbest call ever in a superbowl, and i think ever in an NFL game. They gave it to them.

15. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

A living legend and he isn't done. A lot of these comments are pathetic.

And junc is just being junc. You guys are feeding him.

16. Burning Elvii

Cheating to win is allowed because it works...... so take that

17. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Brady is like Frankensein. He's a total creation of his master, technology and his environment, with a dash of incredible luck thrown in. I will give him credit for developing his skill at precision short passing and reading defenses over the years and he shoud be credited for that. But I have a tough time giving him credit as the greatest of all time, because as a pure QB, he just doesn't add up.

Brady was never the sharpest tool in the shed and when he first came up, he was the blank slate that Belichek wanted to mold into his own creation...a QB who always takes advantage of every opportunity, who doesn't care what is said about him and who will do what he is told, without thought of his own ego. Has there ever been a QB who took more advantage of mismatches, uncovered receivers, other teams miscues, etc.? Again, he deserves credit for perfecting this, but I'm not falling over myself to praise him for being the master of exploiting weaknesses.

The Brady era Pats have mastered technology, and by technology I mean CHEATING! Where there's smoke, there's fire... I have no doubt that the Pats have perfected the use of the helmet radio, with respect to the ability to advise where to throw and not to throw on a given play, and I'm sure there are many other instances. Maybe this is a stretch, but I put all the cheating allegations in this category, and if you are inclined to blow off this point, ask yourself, what other QB in history has this cloud hanging over his head

Environment plays a big role also. He has piled up the wins and confidence and attitude, by dominating the AFC East, which gave them a 60's era, UCLA basketball-like path to the AFC championship virtually every year. BIG advantage there.

Brady is one of the luckiest players ever. His career is book-ended by two of the most fortutitous circumstances in football history. The 2001 Tuck Rule game, and now this HISTORICALLY stupid play call by Seattle giving him the game. And there are plenty of others in between.

If you doubt this, then why did Cassell go 11-5 in the year Brady missed due to injury.

rammagen and JetBlue like this.
  18. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

That was his last Superbowl IMO, and like it or not he's going to regress eventually... he's not "immortal "

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I think last night revealed the opposite for Brady. He is a completely limited QB dependent on a system that creates open receivers to dump the ball off to. Is he great? Of course, his accomplishments clearly warrant that accolade. Greatest? GTFO.

Russell Wilson has less receiver talent and can make downfield throws; Brady can't, so the talent excuse is BS.

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Just watching a post game interview on NFL with Brady. He's got ear phones in both ears and the TV cameras are zeroing in on it. I wish I knew how to screen grab.
    I've never seen that before. Eerie.