Interesting Draft possability.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by villano5, Apr 18, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The biggest fuck off fans move goodrll made was flexing games for the network. Fuck the fans that bought tickets ahead of time based on the time slot. Moving the draft and ruining the Saturday draft parties is a close second

LAJet and CotcheryFan like this.
  2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

If the Giants keep their pick (no idea what the odds are but if they are bowled over I can see them trading out) I think they go for Barkley over Chubb. Good DE's seemingly come out every draft, a guy like Barkley is a once in a generation opportunity. With Eli nearing the end and Webb taking over at some point they need a guy like Barkley to take the pressure off both as one winds down his career and the other ramps it up.

As for the Jets, they must pick a QB so they aren't moving very far back if they do cut a deal (#5 would be most likely). If it is the Broncos that move up the only way I'm considering it is for their #5 pick, 2nd round pick and both 1st and 2nd next year (essentially moving up 1 spot for a 1st and 2 2nd's vs. giving up 3 2nd's which in theory is a great deal to get better selections and moving up 1 spot from their original #6.) Anything short of that and I'd stay put at #3.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Right now, Pee is alone (practically)..your poll showed 70 percent of THIS board has its doubts about Sam

There is not a snowballs chance in h^ll the Jets trade back!..ridiculous

4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Mayfield over Darnold or Rosen?

Every team would trade up to take Darnold or Rosen over Mayfield.

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

More people watch prime time TV than Saturday at noon. Thursday night prime will easily get more viewers. That's why they make more money on a Thursday night.

Anyone remember Tuesday afternoon drafts from the Sheridan?

This is a silly argument.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I remember when it was on ESPN Tuesday afternoon. Always took the day off and smoked tons of weed. Miss the days when Dr.Z was the main draft guy.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

there is absolutely no possability this happens

DefenseWinsChampionships and FJF like this.
  8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think you are missing the point. We all acknowledge they can make more money on a Thursday at a prime time. The point most are trying to make is that it is a big F U to the fans. Fans loved the draft being on the weekend. It allowed them time to travel/attend the draft and have a good time in general (Drink and hang with family and friends). With a late night draft on a work day for working adults, it is an incredible inconvenience.

My brother and I are traveling immediately after work to our fathers house just so we can watch it together and then run back home to go to sleep and go to work the next day. Doesn't allow for the awesome experience that Saturday drafts used to offer.

You say silly argument, but I'm not really sure why/how you can debate this from a fan perspective.

jixxjr and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Honest question — what could we get trading back that would be better than the 6th pick and three 2nd rounders we traded to move up?

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If that is the case, the Jets should just go ahead and take Mayfield. If they trade down, some team could trade ahead of them and take Mayfield. Besides, Mac traded up to take a QB. It's just fan wishful thinking that the Jets will trade back down, recoup picks, and still get the player they want.

11. NCJetsfan

Not necessarily. It may be 2-3 years before Darnold develops and is ready to start. Rosen could be out of the NFL with another concussion or two, or have shoulder surgery again on his throwing arm. Even if those first two things don't happen, Mayfield could wind up being the best of the lot anyway. I think he already is.

12. NCJetsfan

Certainly, probably most agree with you, although some say that Allen has the most upside. Upside is just another word for potential, however, and lots of players never develop or live up to their full potential. As I said earlier, even if Darnold does fully develop, are you willing to wait 2-3 more years for that to happen?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I disagree, LA. I don't think Allen is even a consideration for the Jets. I think the 3 QBs Mac likes are Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold.

14. PennyandtheJets

I think anyone would wait 2-3 years if it meant Darnold developed to his full potential. Having said that, I am not a big believer in Darnold.

15. NCJetsfan

I don't think so. Most of us are sick of JAGS starting at QB for the Jets. Would you really want to see McCown or Fitz, or some other JAG start for 2-3 more seasons before Darnold took the field? I know that I wouldn't. I think Mayfield and Rosen could see the field as a starter this year, but if not, certainly by next season. Darnold or Allen could show some progress by that time, but still not be ready to start and have any chance of succeeding.

#35 NCJetsfan, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  16. PennyandtheJets

Oh, I read your post differently. I thought you were saying Darnold would live up to his potential after 2-3 years. Not that he would ride pine for 2-3 years. Yeah, nobody picked in the top 3 is going to sit for more than 1 year. Not even Allen.

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

not only the NFL - in the UK football always used to be on a Saturday - then they decided to have a good chunk of them on Sunday, then some on Monday, then on Wednesday as well now there is a game pretty much every night and it is just over-saturated

Moving the draft to Thursday night was ridiculous but hey, they really need a few more advertising dollars right

FJF likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I think it very likely that both Darnold and Allen could bust, but at best will not even begin to realize their potential if they start after only one year on the bench. IMO they both have too much to work on. Even as the #3 on the depth chart they would be the scout team QB, so it's going to be hard to find time to really focus on their flaws until the offseason.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

it is the internets - people will argue about anything!

the draft on a Thursday was a major pisser as an overseas fan - doesn't even get going until around 2am - just as well the Jets are now usually picking near the start.....

20. PennyandtheJets

I agree with you on them having the biggest bust potential. Even with them needing to learn, no top 5 QB is going to sit for more than a season. It just doesn't happen.

HomeoftheJets likes this.