Ink Cartridges

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DHarris52, May 20, 2017.

1. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Anyone have any experience with any of the sites that sell cheap and/or knockoff ink cartridges? I nearly fell over when I saw the price of an HP replacement cartridge. Its gotten to the point where the printers themselves are almost disposable. I can buy a brand new unit for not much more $$$.

zace and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing about getting a new one, I had been getting one set of refill cartridges before I end up getting a new printer with cartridges included. Until my most recent purchase of scanner, printer and copier in one, all 4 cartridges are under $40 total.

That said, just make sure it is a reputable online site like 123inkjets.com. You can save a few bucks going the remanufactured route. If you go with some of the not so reputable sites you can end up spending more in the long run if your cartridge stops working while it still has ink.

I hope you have a printer that has separate cartridges, most are these days, but if not you can waste a lot of ink with the black running out long before the colors.

3. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

By not using original ink cartridges, you could invalidate the printer warranty. Like getting your apple phone glass not fixed by Apple , invalidates warranty.