IF, we were to pick up Josh Gordon or Kenny Britt how good could this team be?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 9, 2013.

1. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yeah so am I. Now I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it doesn't happen.

2. Well you don't make this move unless you've done your work behind the scenes on the guy's character. Has he let go of the bad influences of his past?Is he hanging around the same clubs/people?

If he's turned the corner as a person, it's hard to look down on this move. The kid is already a #1 reciever w/ an incredible ceiling as he is only 22 & is still growing into his impressive frame. His potential impact is significant both in the short & long term.

Suddenly we're looking at a very formidable passing attack 1-4(And heck David Nelson really isn't a horrible #5) w/o even considering Cumberland/Winslow. You combine that w/ the physical duo of Powell/Ivory & offensive skill is no longer a problem for this squad.

Long term, Hill-Gordon-Kerley-Cumberland is a pretty good group for Geno to work w/ & built a championship offense around.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

We have two 3rd round picks and Josh Gordon is most likely BETTER than any other player we can get with that 3rd.

4. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Any chance the trade could be Simms and a 3rd?

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I don't understand what people don't like about David Nelson. He's a young player with pretty decent talent. Not sure why Buffalo let him go.

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think they won't go after either of these guys. Maybe draft another Wr (even though it often takes a few years for them to develop) or even better yet sign a medium level guy with experience. I actually still think that Stephen Hill is going to be a very good NFL player. He has all of the tools not hopefully he can put it all together,. At times he shows AWESOME ability. David Nelson isn't a bad player. Tone won't be around next season. btw why not sign Tony Schefler who was cut today by the Lions.

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Buffalo released him after he blew his knee out and them they used 3 picks on wrs in this paddy draft

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Why would the Browns trade Gordon for a 3rd? Doesn't make any sense

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Out of all the info i gathered the 3 teams seem to be NYJ, SF, DET. I really want to say this is going to come down to SF and us though, DET doesnt have the cap room and have plenty money due to some of their ow players. SF is in dire need of a WR and although the Boldin, And Manningham and Crabtree coming off injury they are in a win now mode and could be desperate.

On to us c number one need on D is probably a corner opposite Joe Haden. Im not sure how they like Wilson but id be surprised

10. impure

impure Well-Known Member

1 injury to Geno and we would be screwed big time. I highly doubt we would make that move.