If Kirk Cousins signs with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mario, Jan 31, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Not sure what you have against Cousins. Did you watch the Redskins games? If you did, I don't think you would talk like this. He led them to impressive wins at the Rams and Seahawks and a home win against the Raiders. Played the Chiefs really tough on Monday Night Football when they were peaking, and had tight losses to the Vikings and Saints. Overall the team went 7-9, but that was with non-stop injuries on offense and a pretty bad defense.

I don't think he would have, but that is irrelevant. Jimmy Garoppolo is better than Cousins.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

No, I get it. Even with them on the list he's right there, a top 10 QB. Not getting all the hate for a29 year old with his numbers

3. LF911SC

How about explaining what Garoppalo has to do with Cousins? You know given that he's not in play here, so it's as pointless as the idiotic idea that if he can't do what Brady has done it's relevant.

4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

SolidGoldBowles is that your new handle? Lol

Anyways, both Kirk Cousins and Jimmy Garoppolo have played in a Kyle Shanahan offenses with Kyle calling the plays. All I keep hearing from Cousins stans/apologists is that he was surrounded by a bad team in Washington, therefore that's why he didn't win. Don't tell me the 49ers are any better than the Redskins. So "like" the post or do not. No sense coming off all belligerent about it.

#284 playtowinthegame, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Patriot and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. LF911SC

After the injuries, the 9rs were better. They there at the same yardage rate, Cousins had the better TD to INT ratio.

And no one is an opologist. It's just when you think you're smart and can't come up with much you resort to lines like that. There's no need to apologise for comparing Cousins to who's available, instead of a Garoppolo, which still makes no sense in any level.

6. playtowinthegame

You're SPECIAL, and I do mean special, fool... How BLIND can you be to NOT have seen the Kyle Shanahan connection? Bottom line the 49ers were a 1 win team before Jimmy G put them on his back and carried them to 5 wins in a row. Do yourself a favor and stfu.

NYJetsO12 and zace like this.
  7. LF911SC

I'm blind? And a fool? Youre the one comparing 2 QBs as if you discovered something. 2 teams, 2 different schedules, only one is available. But you want to go on and on about Garoppolo. You STFU or ignore me. Not like you're making a point anywhere other than in your own pinhead.

Another internet tough guy.

#287 LF911SC, Feb 3, 2018
  8. playtowinthegame

You can't see the point because your head is so far up your own ass you're oblivious. Now go log in to your other account. Ha ha. I feel sorry for you.

NYJetsO12 and zace like this.
  9. LF911SC

Other account? Head up MY ass? You're the board douchbag I assume? Easily the dumbest person ever met here.

Best part is you can't stop coming back back for more abuse and to make yourself sound even more foolish. Go away already.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

11. playtowinthegame

And you're easily the most belligerent and argumentative poster on this board. You must have a low IQ to not have been able to "extrapolate" why I compared Jimmy Garoppolo and Kirk Cousins. Or maybe you just are mad about the comparison. I find it comical you allegedly just showed up with a new account, and now you're telling me to "go away already." That is not going to happen. :)

12. LF911SC

Belligerent and argumentative? How about you pick up a dictionary and look those words up. Then read your posts to me and others. While you're at it look up fool, that my head is up my ass and whatever names you called me. Then tell me again how belligerent and argumentative i am. More importantly, when you tell someone to STFU, and the reply is go away, you should now be the one to STFU. Love that you think you have tenure on a forum, lol, can't make this shit up. And that I'm someone else who apparently made you look stupid too. How old are you?

13. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

gentleman please.... let's redirect our anger and vitriol to the Jets front office

westiedog1 and playtowinthegame like this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. playtowinthegame

I stand by everything I said about you in this thread. You try pretty hard to come off smart, but you're just average and passionate. YOU come off like a troll when you say things like, "it's as pointless as the idiotic idea." You're basically suggesting I'm an idiot? I'm not going to take that shit from you or anyone. Let's be real, you're no genius, but you know why I made the Garoppolo and Cousins comparison. You didn't like it, and became a whiny little bitch about it, because you are in the "go get Kirk Cousins" camp. I made the comparison because so many times the big excuse for Cousin's record as a starter in Washington, is the team he's on was really bad this year because of all their injuries. Like he was playing with a pop warner football team. Jimmy Garoppolo playing in the very same Kyle Shanahan type offense that Kirk Cousins plays in Washington took a 1-10 49ers team, and elevated the play of those around him, on a 5 game winning streak to finish their season. He won on the road vs the Bears, and then at Texans. Came home and beat two playoff teams in the Titans and the Jaguars, and then went on the road and beat the Rams who rested Goff and Gurley. The fact of the matter is Jimmy G beat some good playoff teams along the way, and did it with a team that had been struggling to win just 1 game all year before he became their starter. Garoppolo led the 49ers offense and helped put up 37 points on that great Jaguars defense. In all the years Cousins played in Washington, he's never ripped off 5 wins in a row like that - that too is a fact, but go ahead and look it up. Not even when the Redskins where healthy and loaded with talent on offense. This is the guy you want the Jets to go out and make the face of their franchise?

Do I think Kirk Cousins is a good quarterback? Yes I do, but I don't think he's a great one. That's my thing, I don't want to pay 30 million for pretty good. If the Jets are going to tie up that kind of money in a QB I want great. One of my biggest complaints against signing Kirk Cousins is he's not that successful against teams with winning records as he is against teams with losing records. Another thing, Kirk Cousins has choked in some of the biggest games of his career, and overall his record as a starter is mediocre. I know it's a team sport, but in my opinion Cousins doesn't have that IT factor I look for in great quarterbacks. He's going to command an awful lot of money in free agency. I don't feel he's worth it. That's my opinion. I don't think Cousins is capable of putting a team on his back and elevating the players around him. I would like to take a chance at being great. We may fail at drafting a great QB, but maybe we can draft one as good as Cousins which will cost a hell of a lot less during his rookie contract.

#295 playtowinthegame, Feb 3, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Stun...after that game going forward Captain Kirks fasers were only on stun for the REST of the season...including a beat down finale by the winless Giants lol

#296 NYJetsO12, Feb 3, 2018
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. playtowinthegame

Check this one out....Cousins throws game ending INT at home vs Giants in week 17 last year, which ultimately cost the Skins a ticket to the playoffs. Reminds me of Fitz at Buffalo in week 17 of the 2015 season.

#297 playtowinthegame, Feb 3, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep, there it is...the so called good

But the real bad and ugly...

Hey Jets ! Ready to give me 34 million???

playtowinthegame likes this.
  19. M00ndawg

M00ndawg Member

Just wondering if anu have any questions and or concerns on signing Kirk Cousins...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Based on your statement above you need to sue both Samsung and Tapatalk or all the schools you attended.

HomeoftheJets likes this.