Hunting

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 13, 2015.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

had to come out early for soccer games this morning, watched a big buck run a doe right to me as i was getting in my truck.
    good one deer gods

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  2. FJF

ah, the deer gods are really having their fun with me. jumped in a stand for a few before the wife goes to work. took a fall trying to navigate a steep slope on the way to the stand. had a buck in front of me about 10 minutes before i could shoot and then, 2 coyotes came charging in on a group of does that were working their way to me. one dog was so big i thought he was a fawn for a quick second while it registered what i was seeing. it looked to me like they purposely split those deer up and then took off in the direction of one of the small ones.
    i have these 2 coyotes on camera so many times i named them bonnie and clyde. they will be getting my full attention in a couple of weeks

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Damn, rough outing.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not a hunter, but

I just shot a chupacabra trying to eat my father in laws chihuahua.

Fuck yeah.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

any thoughts on hunting the fog @FJF? Never done it personally but that big boy showed up on camera again (2am this time). I'm thinking this could be an opportunity to catch him staying in the bedding area longer waiting for the fog to clear.

reading a lot of totally conflicting shit online.

#385 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

People who are against deer hunting are idiots. It's necessary. This coming is from a vegetarian.

7. FJF

I'd go for it NSN. Times running out and if he is running without a doe right now he will be moving regardless of the fog. if you can, use the fog to move in tighter to where you think he is.
    Good luck

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Jumped what I believe was a big buck this morning following deer trail to get to the back side of the swamp I usually hunt due to wind. Only briefly saw the body ... a bunch of trees in the area it was were rubbed to hell.

Tried to loop around behind him after that but never saw or heard him again. Took a long ass time to walk quietly through the thick shit. My back is fucking screaming.

That area is just too thick to hunt outside of the tree stand for the most part.

To rub it in 3 hunters were dragging a doe through my neighbors back yard when I got home.

I'm not passing on 4 pointers anymore. Haven't taken a deer in a few years now.

9. FJF

living in the same zip code bro, seems like when you get to this point all the deer stay away from you. the farm is shot, very little movement, all at night. just very little action and i don't know why.

the ghost was still alive thanksgiving night according to cameras, if he survives this weekend i give him a 70% chance of living till next year. i gave it 25% last weekend.i'm done chasing him, till next year, going to wrap up the season on doe patrol.

on a different note. my brother bow hunted a week in illinois , didn't get anything, buddy took a 140(minimum you are allowed to shoot)class 10pt. he showed me video from the stand. all i can say is it looked like something out of hunting shows.the amount of bucks he saw that would be shooters here was unbelievable. he saw a few absolute monsters and another friend hit one high shoulder that was close to 180. deer lived and was limping around chasing does 2 days later.
    pike county illinois is on the bucket list

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I just saw the most wild thing, like national geographic shit!!!

I've been scouting this 8 point I saw before the season. In my woods there is one spot with a creek and a hill with pines at the top and goldenrod on the side. I found that deer, including my buddy 8 pt, walk down that hill through the goldenrod to the creek quite a bit. So I've been setting up shop at the bottom of that hill all shotgun season.

Well this morning I went out when it was still dark. As soon as the sun comes up a doe comes sprinting down that hill she was being chased by a HUGE coyote right on her tail. They were running right at me!!!! As soon as they got about halfway down the hill they must've saw me because the doe sprinted to the left and the coyote to the right but they were so close it was freaky!

I've seen coyotes in our woods before but never one this big. This thing was BIG he woulda taken down that doe easily. It was amazing to see

NotSatoshiNakamoto and FJF like this.
  11. FJF

awesome, thats why i like being in the woods, the original reality show.
    eastern coyotes are getting to be a big problem for deer hunters. these are not the same 20lb dogs that are running out west. these dogs are big and getting bigger. 50lb coyotes get shot routinely now and when you get a few together they can take down mature deer easily.. traces of grey wolf dna have been found in the eastern coyote. thats where they get there size. too bad you couldn't get a shot at him. these things need to be thinned out a bit.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

This thing was definetely 50 lbs. If it wasn't running so fast I might've taken a shot at it but there's no way I would've hit it running like that. I was mostly in shock though because I haven't seen anything like that before

13. BrowningNagle

14. FJF

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Breezed over your post and didn't realize you already touched on this.

FJF likes this.
  16. FJF

Was fortunate enough to drop a doe this morning. not huge,looks like a 1.5y.o. but its meat im the freezer and a slump buster. text book hunt. deer did what we thought they would do when we hung the stand. 12ga slug to the heart. 15 yards later she piled up. broke my camera mount on the shotgun climbing in this morning or i would have the video. not complaining though

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nice, congrats. Backstrap for dinner!

I got skunked this morning. Might try a 300 yard shot fom the back deck this afternoon if the deer yard up like they have been.

#398 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    FJF likes this.
  18. FJF

more dog problems:

i got a very similar video last year in this same spot.

after the holidays i am going to see if can thin them out.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Dirtbags.

No deer showed this evening so it will be up to the crossbow to fill the freezer