how to watch jets games out of market

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out here because i really need it

when directTV came out with its "NFL Sunday Ticket.tv" package i was extremely excited because I assumed I'd be able to stream jets games to my xbox one no problem. Unfortunately for me, the .tv package is extremely stupid and doesn't allow a lot of people to qualify, even though there is no chance of me being able to get a satellite dish in a college dorm. i might call again to complain because they are denying me service for no reason even though i'm willing to pay a lot of money for the service.

anyways, how else can i stream jets games in HD? i can't really go to a bar because i'm under 21 so i was wondering what you guys do

i'd really appreciate the help, i haven't missed a jets game in years and i don't plan on missing one now

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Get a fake ID.

ajax, FJF, Jets69 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The problem is that you're going to be directed to use illegal streaming sites and while the quality isn't great it's still a way to watch the game. The problem with it is that when using shitty college Internet you're going to lag behind and disconnect a lot. It's frustrating but it's all you can do. Shut the smart phone off and don't check updates if you truely want to watch the entire game. It's almost certain you'll fall behind the actual game.

4. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i might try to use slingbox, not sure if anyone has heard of that or not

5. Midlife Crysis

I know you want to watch not listen but I think that I've streamed the Jets radio broadcast from the espn radio 98.7 website before -- although maybe that's just available out of market for pre-season games? If that doens't work then I think that the NFL used to (maybe still does?) let you buy a package that will stream the radio broadcast. Not sure if Sirus/XM will sell you streaming access separately from owning a car radio but that's another possibility.

Obviously, not optimal but I would have taken any of these options in a heartbeat when I was in college and law school far from the Jets's home market. I have not fond memories of standing on tall hills or rooftops with a crappy portable radio in the early 90s trying to pick up the tail end of 4PM games after it got dark when WFAN's static-y signal sometimes made it to Charlottesville, VA. Good luck!

6. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Are there any sports bars that serve food or redtaurants with Sunday Ticket in your town? I've been to plenty of places where you can go to eat and watch the games and be under 21. Of course you can't drink but do get to enjoy the games. Many chain restaurants get the ticket.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

8. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Who says you got to be 21 to go into bar? They don't serve food?

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I hear ya on this, I wanted to buy the video game package for PS4, its $240 but apparently I cant get it because I am not in a certain area. Luckily my friend has Direct TV so im just going to throw him $100 for the login info, friggin ridicolous though that Direct TV has a stranglehold on it. I heard they are about to sign a 10 year deal which IMO doesnt even make any sense considering the changes that have occurred in television, and the changes that will occur over the next 10 years.

If the NFL wants to give direct TV the cable part of it, thats fine, but why in the world is the internet portion limited to the point that Direct TV chooses he can get it and who cannot. (they give it to certain college students because you cant put a direct tv in your dorm, but if you live outside the college you have to be a direct tv subscriber)

NFL deserves trolls of the decade if they give direct TV this package for another 10 years, I mean come on Google, why cant you just buy it? I thought you were going to stream the games through youtube? Step it up now before we are all fucked till 2025 season.....

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Buffalo Wild Wings, but they try to kick you out if you arent drinking/buying food for 3 straight hours.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Here are the best options in my opinion:

Sports bars will let you watch football. Yeah you can't drink with everyone, but they should let you in to watch the game and be fine with it. They serve food at these places too.

Slingbox is a device that attaches to a cable box. So if you attached a sling box to a cable box located (family or friends allow you to do this), then you can watch all the channels that cable box gets. HOWEVER, if you are watching that TV/cable box and someone in the original location changes the channel, it changes your channel. Slingbox basically takes control of that cable box/TV, it doesn't create a new stream from it. This option is solid, but requires purchasing a sling box and having great internet connection on both ends.

Nimble TV. Use a family/friends cable information in the NY Metro area and log in. This allows you to stream CBS/FOX/NBC on any device for free and in HD if you subscribe to HD on the cable info.

Also, take advantage of this website: http://506sports.com

This allows you to see when the Jets will be on national TV in your area. Don't forget that Watch ESPN is supposed to be free on college campuses, so you can still stream MNF games if you don't have ESPN.

EDIT: This might not be obvious since this might be the first time you are out of market. Applebees and chain restaurants like that, sometimes these places have a bunch of TVs and are happy to have people in the restaurant/bar area watching the game and ordering food. They are not your typical sports bar, but they get the job done if you need a TV to watch the game

Kentucky Jet likes this.
  12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Oh and speaking of streaming, you can stream the Fox games right from your computer if you are a cable subscriber. I was going to watch the Jets-Raiders this week and stream the Falcons-Saints but of course MY AREA is the one of the few areas in the United States that isnt getting 2 Fox games this week:

[​IMG]
    Taken with Webpage Screenshot

Why is that Fox? Or should I say NFL with your sick restrictions?

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Check wikipedia for "restrictions"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_on_television#Giants_and_Jets

Jets and Philly are local with home games, so FOX doesn't get to broadcast a game against them, that's why NY/PHI has no 1 PM game other than the NY/PHI game.

14. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Someone during preseason (sorry, don't remember who) posted links to these 2 sites: www.wiziwig.tv/ and vipbox.biz

Although they aren't HD, they are certainly watchable and better than firstrow in watchability.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

That's a shame. What part of Appalachia are you in?

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

You either have to find a stream, listen to it on the radio (which I've done, isn't so bad) or just go to a restaurant and watch it, like people said you can just eat and not drink and still watch the game, assuming they are showing it at all.

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm at college and I use a slingbox, works perfectly even though the campus wifi blows.

18. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I've used wiziwig for the last few years and it varies from watchable to TV quality - there are usually several choices and you just try each one until you get the best for your setup.

Flyboy and NY Jets68 like this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This weekend DirecTV is free so find somebody or someplace with the service and enjoy. I just dumped my ST because the cost was waay too high and I have other ways of accessing the games. firstrow sports comes to mind as a starting point.

Kentucky Jet likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You gotta learn to work their cancellations dept, Cman. This year I got Sunday Ticket for free, plus they gave me a 200$ Visa Gift Card. So basically they are paying me two hunny to subscribe to ST.

Footballgod214 likes this.