Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I liked Session 9. The lobotomy scene was memorable. I remember telling my young nephews about it and telling them how great it was lmao

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'The Abandoned'. I mentioned this flick years ago. It's kind of all over the place with some slaughtered pigs and weird nudity, but the bridge scene at the end makes the entire flick worth it.

[​IMG]

'Cropsey'.

Ever poke around Letchworth Village? Probably not. Highly recommend and highly don't recommend both.

3. Toronto_Jet

Toronto_Jet Well-Known Member

KWJetsFan likes this.
  4. jetophile

I'm not gonna say 'Hereditary' again.

#124 jetophile, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:37 AM
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM
  5. jetophile

'Gotti'. I used to have a movies so bad they're great thread, but it was lost in a crash years back. A a good friend of mine who has lived in NYC her entire life saw it. And we've both seen tons of films in NYC, often together.

Now you know seeing a movie in NYC is like being in Church during a funeral for a dignitary. No phones, no coughing, no talking, no sneezing, no farting, no burping, no whispering, no breathing, or you'll get swarmed. Death by getting shushed to death. Well . . .

. . . she convinced her husband to go see it because it had horrible buzz. The shush rule went out the window. People were heckling and laughing like hell. "This sucks!"' She said it was the closest thing you'd ever see in a NYC movie house (unless it's SUPPOSED to be a showing of a cult film) that she ever witnessed. "Oh, my GOD! It was like the theatre scene in 'The Producers' after 'Spring Time For Hitler'!"

I would have loved to have seen it in that context, hahaha. Unfortunately up where I live it will probably only get a couple smecks, a lot of yawns, and some walkouts. Anyway, I thought it fit right along with my 'Titanic' post, and that this was as good of a place as any to put it for similar reasons. Horror vs. Horrible, I guess.

#125 jetophile, Jun 18, 2018 at 12:23 PM
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018 at 3:10 PM
  6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm a "Halloween" movie junkie. Got married in costume on Halloween (my wife's best friend at the time, who sadly passed away, was our minister in full Michael Myers outfit). I hated the Zombie versions. I might have liked them if they weren't named "Halloween". I think all the sequels have a certain charm, even if said charm is just cheesy horror. I'm totally psyched for this new one. I don't care that they are ignoring all the sequels. Should be fun with JLC in it and Carpenter, despite becoming a curmudgeonly old man who hates his own classic, is producing and doing the score. I'll be there opening night.

7. Toronto_Jet

Toronto_Jet Well-Known Member

My condolences on losing your friend.

I feel exactly the same way about Rob Zombies remakes, if you can force yourself to ignore the names and the mask they aren't bad movies. They just shouldn't be Halloween. As for the new one, the trailer looks amazing. if it lives up to the hype it will be the movie of the year. For me at least.