Holy crap! Jared Zabransky

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jasonjets, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Nevermind.

#1 jasonjets, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

No. You didn't. That's ridiculous... That would be the fastes 40 time on record in NFL History...

Think before you post dude.

3. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

why, what did he originally type??

4. JetFanInPA

a 4.08 40 time for Jared Zabransky...

Just a mistake.

5. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

oh...damn, imagine if that was true

6. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

He ran something at a 4.08, and I thought it said 40, but it was something else. He did run something at that time, I am not sure what though.

7. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

probably the cone drill, or the shuttle

8. gpngc

gpngc New Member

Hello Jets fans

Hello Jets fans, I decided to hijack this thread because it seems like just a mistake with the Zabransky 40 time. I cannot create a new thread because I am a new member. I am a Seahawks fan but I come in peace. Over at condraft.com, I am the mock draft guy and I was just looking for some feedback on the mock draft as it pertains to the Jets. Also, what do you think of the writeup? Any feedback would be welcomed. Here it is, if you don't want to venture over to condraft...

Rd. 1: Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
    With all due respect to Sean Payton, Eric Mangini was the real coach of the year. The rookie head coach helped his team overachieve to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth, despite inconsistent play from QB Chad Pennington. The rookie class, led by OT D?Brickashaw Ferguson, C Nick Mangold, HB Leon Washington, and WR Brad Smith, looks like the foundation of the future in New York. Young offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer did a fine job, getting maximum production out of a lesser talented unit. Defensively, FS Kerry Rhodes was a huge pro bowl snub, and DE/LB Bryan Thomas resurrected his career. This offseason, the Jets will look to address needs at HB, LB, CB, WR, and DL, as Mangini needs more players who fit in his 3-4 defensive scheme. In this projection, they look to CB (Hank Poteat was starting at the end of the year- enough said), where Chris Houston of Arkansas fits in perfectly. Not many people are talking about Houston, but he?ll be a familiar name come draft day. One of the best pure cover CB?s in the draft, the 5-11, 190-pound Houston has a physical style, and is not afraid to come up to make a tackle. Best known for being one of the top man-to-man cover guys in college football, Houston made a name for himself limiting guys like Dwayne Jarrett and Robert Meachem to low yardage totals against the Razorbacks. His physical style is a huge plus, as Houston is known for his ability to jam WR?s at the line of scrimmage, using his strength to his advantage. An early entry as a junior, he?ll surely have to learn more, specifically in terms of zone coverages, but his raw cover talent should land him a spot in the first round come draft day.

ALSO CONSIDER: DE/LB Jarvis Moss, DE/LB Anthony Spencer, LB Lawrence Timmons, LB Paul Posluszny, CB Daymeion Hughes, HB Michael Bush, FB/HB Brian Leonard

Rd. 2a: Brian Leonard, FB/HB, Rutgers
    Rd. 2b: Anthony Spencer, OLB/DE, Purdue
    Rd. 3: Jay Moore, DE, Nebraska

9. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I think we would be pretty mad if we took Leonard with that 2a pick. Other than that, I like.

10. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

Jarvis Moss was their in the 1st round and you passed him up!?! Bad idea. Also getting Leonard in the 2nd would be pretty horrible.

11. gpngc

gpngc New Member

Jarvis Moss goes 15th to the Steelers... Why so down on Brian Leonard?

12. JetFanInPA

I like Chris Houston there... I'd be very happy with that

I don't like Brian Leonard there. I'd be more OK with him at #57

Spencer is a great steal. Nice job.

Jay Moore is a 3-4 OLB, as is Spencer. So that makes two 3-4 LBs back-to back. No good.

13. JetsLookingforDWare

Yea, I can't see how we'd be so stupid to pass him up.

Still, Houston is probably the only CB from this draft I like (he reminds me of a not-as-fast Champ Bailey). Considering that mock has us getting Spencer AND Moore, I don't think I mind as much. Those two guys are beasts also.

But man, if we pass on Moss I will be pretty pissed. That guy has "beast" written all over him.

14. Gibril28Wilson

Gibril28Wilson New Member

Darrelle Revis reminds me of Champ because Revis said he styles his play after Champ and that he is best and likes man-to-man coverage the best

15. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Because he has zero running ability to the outside now that he Leonard-leap won't work, he is a terrible blocker, and the only asset we'd get from him is a very good receiver out of the backfield. We have too many needs for him... give us another player in the front 7, an OG, or a true HB.

Also, I personally am not a fan of going corner early because it's a complete crapshoot to draft high CB's, but I'd be happy with a bump-and-run expert like Houston.

Love the Spencer and Moore picks.

16. DonnieIsTheKing

As does Chris Houston, whose only major flaw is inexperience.

17. gpngc

gpngc New Member

Thank you all for your input. One thing: Jay Moore is around 280 pounds- he's a 3-4 DE, not 3-4 OLB. And as for Leonard- I respectfully disagree. He's a complete back with enough speed for the NFL (I believe he ran a 4.49 today- not too shabby). He's not a great blocker but he's got potential there. Better than Askew if you ask me...:lol:

18. JetFanInPA

Yep, no doubting he's better with Askew, but I don't want him there...

And as for Jay Moore, he is a 3-4 OLB. He's 6-4' 1/2'' 274 as he measured in at the combine.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/jaymoore.html

- "Not very stout at the point of attack and gets pushed back"- Can't happen with a 3-4 DE..
    - "Could potentially project to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme"- I agree.

Oh well, you meant to pick a 3-4 DE at least, which is what we need. :)

19. DonnieIsTheKing

But he's not a powerful enough guy to be a good compliment to Washington, and since he can't block I'd prefer a more natural blocking fullback to lead the way. Maybe someone in a later round... but I'm not up to date on good fullbacks in the draft.

20. All Star

All Star Active Member

He put up 28 bench press reps too if Im not mistaken........