Here's Why 2017 Won't be So Bad: 2016 was THE WORST

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

2012 Jets: 6-10 instead of 3-13 because they shut down the Rams, Cards and Jaguars. They scored 51 points in the 3 wins.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Walt White and TonyFtLaud like this.
  4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

NFL seasons are so damn hard to predict that I've pretty much stopped trying. You seem to always have a team that's expected to take the next step but instead blows up...you have the hard luck team that loses a bunch of close games/gets screwed with calls. You have guys that will go down with catastrophic injuries, we don't even know who they are yet. You have a bunch of no names who will become household names by November.

The Jets have torn it down enough to where yes you can safely say it would be a miracle if we won 6, but watch we lose to Cleveland and Jax but end up beating the Falcons and Broncos.

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Asked about the Front Office and the team intentionally tanking he said
    “It’s hard to argue that, when everybody else sees all the stuff that’s going on.”
    Should have simply said those are business decisions and the coaches and players are going to give every effort to win every down.
    Just saw FJFs link to the entire story, of course the Jets beat writers left the rest of the quotes out to suit his narrative.

#85 TonyFtLaud, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  6. TonyFtLaud

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well from the headline you read "Hard to argue" were Enunwa's words, the rest was selective word choice to make it seem he said something different than he actually did.

"It hasn't so much changed my mindset," Enunwa said. "A lot of the guys just want to win. Whatever it takes. I know they cut some guys obviously, but that's the business.

"I don't think any player is going to tank. Our jobs are on the line. Our families [depend on us]. We're out there to work and get our paycheck and win games. People are always going to say that kind of stuff, but we're just going to play."

Full quotes tell you what he really said

Edit:
    And then I read further down the thread and see you already found that out

FJF likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

Yeah
    But the post I read didn't include the rest of his Quotes. Just the one.
    One quote taken out of context can tell a completely false story but I'm not going to open that can of worms on here again.

Ohnoit'sGeno, FJF and The Waterboy like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I could go back and cherry pick a season too where the Jets lost games because the offense was awful and the Jets' D was good, but wore down because constantly being on the field. Your post proves nothing.

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Not to make any predictions as to how many games this team will win since the key ingredient to having a successful season is a talented QB , but I really think the defensive side is going to make some critics wake up and take notice. One moronic NFL coverage site said the Jets D front four was rated 18. Laughable.

Bold Prediction : Jets D will be top 5 in NFL in sacks (barring injuries of course)

11. TonyFtLaud

I agree. Read an article earlier this week that had the D line ranked 4th in the division !
    Dolphins we're ranked 1 followed by the Bills then Pat's with the Jets last.

12. NCJetsfan

Unbelievable! Was that article by Peter King? I have a hard time believing that any knowledgeable football fan would say that the Jets had the worst DL in our division, when it is easily the best

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Interesting post Knight but the last thing I want to see in 17-18 are wins....sorry

We need 3 wins maybe 4 to be atop the Draft a pick a top QB

Nobody wants to see us lose but we all need to postpone gratifications,,,,,See the big picture

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The Falcons is not a winnable game for us ,frankly none of them look like winnable games at this point.I still think losing to Cincinnati week 1 is what derailed our season.

The Dark Knight and TonyFtLaud like this.
  15. TonyFtLaud

I read it on my way home from Tallahassee so it was probably in USA today or the Orlando sentinel. It made for a good laugh .

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Because if we do see more wins than expected in 17-18 that could mean we actually have a QB of the future right here in Hackenberg. Not a sure thing....but hey if this team somehow goes 7-9 or 8-8, chances are that Hack is pretty good.

17. NCJetsfan

That would be the only way I'd be happy with that many wins this season (Hack being that good).

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  18. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Falcons should be the defending champs. Not sure I"d say that's a winnable game....

Good post tho, I agree with almost all of it.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I could see the Jets beating the Falcons. They blew a 28-3 lead with 1 Q to go in the Super Bowl. Pretty sure it is a home game too. That is why they made that list. Not saying the Jets will beat them.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that's what's great about the NFL any given sunday. yeah every team maybe sans the chargers on that list is better then us, but say matt ryan goes down, falcons will suck. bucs? winston has had some shitty games. Panthers? talent but sucked last eyar. of cam gets hurt or has a bad game they lose. Broncos? no QB just like us. Saints? no defense and brees is pushing 40.

Sometimes you don't havr to be better to win, you just need to make a few plays and get lucky. even a dumb penalty can win you a game

101GangGreen101 likes this.