Hard Knocks 2018 (Cleveland Browns)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Can't wait. One of my favorite shows. Let the fun begin. :)

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Curious how Mayfield is portrayed. Such a polarizing figure

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He actually comes off as very likable and humble.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Too funny, just showed Corey Coleman with Jarvis Landry and they traded him yesterday.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that one scene where some of the assistants, namely new OC Todd Haley were complaining to Hue Jackson about all the players sitting out of practice with "injuries" and Jackson not really caring, actually taking the side of the guys sitting out, was quite telling. No wonder the browns have sucked. You can tell Haley was not used to that bullshit.

Earlier as well you had a guy in Landry, new to the organization, getting pissed off at all the guys sitting out. crazy... it's probably been a problem with the Browns for years

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"Baker Mayfield how does it feel to go from walk-on to the 1st overall pick in the NFL draft??"
    mayfield: "it's very humbling."

how is that "humbling"? isn't that the opposite of humbling? humbling would be if he thought he was going to win the heisman trophy and then went and got his ass kicked, 4INTs on the road, sacked a bunch of times, etc. Failure humbles people not success.

I see the youth using that term wrong a lot and it pisses me off

alleycat9, NYJ79, NYJFOREVER and 5 others like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Browns drafted a bust. Taylor arriving to the facility at like 5am, Mayfield strolling in late. So glad the Browns took him.

FJF, The Dark Knight and Brook! like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Interesting first episode. @BrowningNagle said it well: That Coaches meeting was embarrassing. I remember Hue Jackson talking about his chair and I thought "That chair is going to be empty come late December". He handled his Mom's death oddly too. The show is named right for him though, because Jackson has truly been going through some Hard Knocks the last couple years.

Landry impressed me. He has burned the Jets a few times, so we know he is a solid player. Not worth what he got paid, but still good.

The Browns Coaching Staff is truly unlikeable. Haley is awful and clearly Greg Williams is a piece of shit.

Baker Mayfield has the attitude of a 12 year NFL Vet who has won multiple Super Bowls and MVP's. One problem: He hasn't done anything yet. It is annoying, but if he backs it up: good for Cleveland.

Tyrod Taylor really is a solid QB. We know that. He is not great, but he is better than anything Buffalo will likely have this year, unless Josh Allen steps up.

I don't understand the point of the RV though. Why not just do all of that in the team facility? So Browns.........

GQMartin likes this.
  9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree TDK.

I just watched it today. Very cringy. When Jackson was hyping himself up “move forward, move forward...” after his mother’s death I was uncomfortable.

I like the houses right by the training facility. Just walk in your back yard and you’re at camp.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Hue Jackson is just not coaching material. He's 2-35 in his last 37 games coached. I mean how much does Haslam have to see already? He can't handle the job.

Haley won't stick around there long either unless they make him HC in 2019

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The way Hue just drops the news on his staff in his office.... "We lost my mom this morning" like it was normal convo.

And that coaches meeting was def uncomfortable.