Going to my first game at Metlife - Tips?

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by deerow84, Dec 21, 2015.

1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

So I'm from out of town and will be making the trek to see the Jets vs Pats in person for my first game at Metlife. I have been to New York once and stayed exclusively on Manhattan so I'm not particularly familiar with NY and even less so with Jersey.

I had a few questions that I was hoping people more familiar with the area could help me with.

1. We're going to be staying at a hotel near Metlife: are there any good bars to go to after the game? I think after the game we'll stay relatively local, might watch some of the later games. Any suggested spots are welcome.

2. Would we have any tailgating options? How does it work for people who are just walking in and not bringing food or drink? Is there some place you can just chip in some cash and partake in the food and drink or should we just pre-game at the hotel?

3. We're going to be heading to Manhattan to do some sightseeing on the Monday morning after the game, leaving that night. Any recommendations on transit options or just take a cab? Is it going to cost an arm and a leg to get from Jersey into Manhattan on a Monday morning? Really any spot in Manhattan is fine and we can go from there.

Any other thoughts, suggestions, details, etc. welcome.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Man... if only the stadium was in Manhattan...

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. deerow84

Would make life a bit easier...more expensive as well, but easier.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

First, ask a mod maybe they will move this to BS section. Not a lot of people are checking this sub-forum.

1) If you do have a car and you don't have parking, you can park at Redds Restaurant. http://www.reddsrestaurant.com/. They have shuttles every 5 minutes and you can park your car there for $25 and take the shuttle to Metlife and after the game hang at the bar.

2) http://www.tailgatejoe.com/. Joe also writes here time to time. He is selling tickets online or you can get them when you arrive. I highly recommend this. It is $50 per person. Pretty high. If you don't want to spend this much, just spot a big group, introduce yourselves and you can have a few beers at each party for either free or for cheap. Jets fans will embrace you.

3) Ask your hotel about the best way to go there. Train or Bus. There are both options available from around Metlife. Uber is an option as well but don't ever bring your own car into Manhattan. It will be mad traffic.

5. deerow84

Awesome, thanks for the tips. I did see tailgatejoe but the $50 does seem a bit steep. I'll keep an eye out for other options but at least I know what is out there. Thanks again!