Get Anquan Boldin Here!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

With all this talk about us being around $30 million under the cap i say we go after 1 offensive player. ANQUAN BOLDIN!!!!!!!

Not sure if he's a FA, but i know he wants out of Arizona. This and resigning Richardson, plus a replacement for Moore and we're done on offense.

2. 624

624 Banned

Not a bad thought...not sure if he would want to go to a "run first" team with not the best QB situation...but I'd like him as a Jet.

3. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

He's still got 2 years on his contract in AZ, but I'm pretty certain the Cardinals will deal him.

We certainly wouldn't be the only team in the running, and it's going to be a bidding war.

Someone is going to give up a fistfull of picks to get him and personally, I hope it is not the Jets. For what you're going to have to give up I'm not sure that it's worth it at the end of the day.

4. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Way too much $$$/picks.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

we'd have to trade for him...and Arizona probably wouldn't take less than a 2nd rounder for Boldin. We need our picks.

I like Boldin as a player....but not at the cost of giving up draft picks.

6. MrJames

MrJames New Member

If you listen to Rex Ryan, you can tell that this move is a no go

7. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Respectfully MB, I give up a second rounder for Boldin tommorow. He beats the shit out of the reciever prospects that will be there in the second round.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We broke his face. He prolly hates us.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I absolutely would give up a 2nd rounder for him. He's better than any WR we would get in the draft anyway, especially in the 2nd. Maybe we can send Coles and a 2nd and get him.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

no worries, bro...you're entitled to your opinion. I think a 2nd is a little too high. Don't get me wrong, Boldin is a stud...but the Jets have some holes to fill, especially on defense. And i'm a huge advocate of building through the draft.

If we could get him for a 4th...or maybe a 3rd....but anything higher than that....not worth it...

With our QB situation still in "flux"...i'm not even sure Boldin would want to come here anyways.

11. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

We could do Coles + 2nd... but AZ is not that stupid... they would probably want Coles + 1st... which I would still do...

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Under normal circumstances...I would scoff at this....but because i HATE Coles' contract and would love to see it off the books....it would work for me....I just don't like the 2nd round pick included though....maybe a 4th and Coles.

Despite being a stud....Boldin has an injury history as well...he hasn't played a full season in the last 2 seasons. The guy is tough...but he's not indestructible.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

MBGreen- I believe the WR position is a hole on this Jets team. Coles is up there in age and many reports are saying that the Jets are looking for a WR in the draft. I would much rather spend a 1st or 2nd on Boldin than drafting one in the early rounds. Just my opinion.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I wouldn't put you in charge of a paper route....let alone in charge of the GM decisions for the New York Jets....that's a HORRIBLE trade!!

Coles AND A 1st round pick??!! holeeeeee fuck. [​IMG]

15. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

nice thought, but not going to happen. They would probably want a 1st, 3rd and maybe a defensive player, at the least.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Rex Ryan: I'd like to keep our draft picks.

Bolidn is going to cost us a 1st round pick +. Not worth it right now for the run first team that Ryan wants us to be. This would be a great trade if we were just a WR away from being a Super Bowl team but we're just not there yet.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I agree that Wideout is a hole...but it's not a TOP priority, IMO. The WR position falls behind the secondary and QB situations for the Jets. Now, this will depend on how FA plays out...so this could change. But our QB position and our secondary need to be attended to before we start trading away high round picks for injury prone wideouts.

Boldin is awesome...i'm not disputing that. But we have a some untapped potential at wideout with Stuckey and Clowney. Can they do the job? Nobody knows...because they were riding the pine most of the season last year. I'd like to see what they can bring to the table.

And there are some decent Wideout prospects in the draft......I'd like to see Hakeem Nicks or Maclin in a green/white jersey....

I"m not shitting on you, Steve...i just think there's more viable alternatives to trading away our picks for a guy who's notorious for hamstring problems.

18. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I like Boldin as much as the next guy but this is crazy talk. I know LC has a ridiculous contract agreement and there is a LOT of hate for the guy, but I still like him and I like our situation at WR well enough - not that there isn't room for improvement. I know I'm in the minority there, but besides a couple drops last season and running his mouth, Coles is solid. He's tough and he can make plays.

On the other hand, you have Boldin, who would clearly be an upgrade.. but if you think Coles is a malcontent, you clearly haven't been keeping tabs on Boldin. At least Coles is a team player and a leader, even if he runs his mouth. Boldin has also had trouble staying on the field recently (thanks Smith) and he's going to demand more money than Coles. On top of that, we'd have to give up a high draft pick for him. Definitely not worth it in my opinion.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't see Boldin costing more than a first rounder. Teams won't want to give up that much and then have to pay out on a big new contract for him. Plus, he's had some injuries. No way he garners a 1+.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

+1

good post...and that's essentially what i've been saying. I'd take Boldin in a New York Minute...but i would not give up high draft picks for him. No f*ckin way.