FrontPage Mag: New York Jets Draft Pick Tweets Against Israel

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by MikeSLTJ23, May 20, 2013.

1. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

I guess the why. Why would Jews be anti-Semitic? Makes no sense to me but I'm not Jewish.

2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Because they don't want to fulfill their role in the world and they hate the Jews that do because those Jews make them look bad.

3. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Their role in the world?

Man, where do people come up with this shit?

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with anything you said here. Just saying that, typically, the IRA did not specifically target civilians. Doesn't make them saints though nor does that ease the suffering of the families of the civilians they killed. A friend of our family was killed by the IRA or some offshoot (I was really young when it happened so I don't remember, I know it was a republican paramilitary group though, not loyalists), he was a father of three young girls. So I don't say what I said without understanding that side of it.

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Where do I come up with this... stuff? The Torah, the Bible, G-d's word. Jews are responsible for bringing G-ds word to the rest of humanity. Judaism believes this and so does Christianity. Not sure about Islam. Apparently, when it comes to you, we haven't been too successful and it is apparent that we need to do a better job. Maybe you're an expert in the writings of Hitler if you don't believe me. He wrote all about this in Mein Kampf.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's bullshit... I'm pro two state solution. That doesn't make me anti-anything. I'm not an activist but I have an opinion on the matter.

I'm also supporting Aboushi's rights as an American that he can have an opinion on that matter as well.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

More bullshit from you... what has Aboushi done to deny your right people the right to existence? So lemme get this straight... because he has Palestinian roots he is a terrorist because that's certainly what it sounds like you're saying.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you. World History 101.

9. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Bring "god's word" to all the people you want. It was brought to me plenty in the first sixteen years of my life.

That doesn't make it any more real than Harry Potter or Star Wars as far as I'm concerned.

It saddens me how people almost always miss the forest for the trees when it comes to religion. The "word" of any god -- which usually tells people how to live a good life, or a moral life -- almost inevitably turns into a dick-waving contest when they run into people whose god has slightly different notions of how to live a good life.

Star Wars and Harry Potter had some nice things to say about big themes, too. Christians, Jews and Muslims killing each other over these differences is as strange to me as a melee between Star Wars and Harry Potter geeks.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

You're naive and you need to graduate from elementary school level history.

11. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

As you say, your intellectual level does not go beyond entertainment 101, so there's no point in continuing to have a discussion with you.

12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Firemanedjr made a very clear, logical argument that shows that this Arab player that was drafted by the Jets desires that the Jews be driven out of Israel. I think it's logical to conclude from this that he wants to see them murdered. Does that straighten things out for you?

13. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Please, son.

Someone who believes that every word in a book written a couple thousand years ago by nomadic herdsmen (among others) was inspired by a divine being wants to go around insulting the intellectual capacity of others?

Why not try me? Pick a topic. You might be surprised. And probably embarrassed.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

What's 2+2?

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for insulting you repeatedly. It's not right, but I also don't think I want to discuss this anymore. Take care.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm both pro-"Palestinian and Pro Israel. If I was actually a Palestinian living in occupation or had family living in occupation, I probably wouldn't be Pro-Israel.

Until the occupation stops it would be hard to blame any Palestinian for having ill will toward the State of Israel.

Obviously there are many extenuating circumstances and issues on both sides. Still until they are resolved expecting people under occupation to not have ill will toward the State and people who are occupying it is asking an awful lot.

As I said before I think he and his family are successful immigrants to the US and he is living the American dream. I wish him well and I don't harbor any resentment toward him for having roots and respecting them.

Hopefully in time the Palestinians and Jews will live side by side in dual states and move forward together economically and socially. I suspect at the time the resentment will ease considerably.

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I disagree totally. The "Palestinian" desire for a state, in my opinion, is a front to wipe out the Jews, starting with those Jews in Israel. The 1948 UN resolution created a Jewish state and an Arab state from the region known as Palestine. Israel is the Jewish state and Jordan (formerly known as Trans-Jordan) is the Arab state. This was totally rejected by the Arabs of the region and they went to war with Israel to prevent the Jewish state from existing.

18. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

My god says it is six, and my god is infallible, so you'll never convince me otherwise despite whatever "facts" you dream up. You think you're better than my god? We should probably fight.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Whenever a foreign power, Great Britain or the UN or anyone else, create political solution on the ground the reality is there will be people on both sides who won't except it.

Many of the problems that exist in the world today are civil wars that have been brewing as a result of both the Cold war and Colonialism that dates back a long time.

No doubt religious and political differences separate people but so does foreign powers initiating rules of the game. We can speculate on lots of things what is very clear is that hardened enemies all over the world have also lived in peace after being hardened enemies.

I'm not as pessimistic as you seem to be and I also don't see where a UN solution changes what people seem to think they deserve. At the end of the day Israeli's and Palestinians have to work out there problems. Until they do the occupation is likely to harden the Palestinian side just as rocket attacks harden the Israeli side.

#179 Biggs, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So you are saying that it is still bad, regardless right? So what did you think of Bush's shock and awe campaign. We obliterated their cities with bombs and gave them a warning. Funny people were saying Bush is too nice to warn them, but ignore the fact that he dropped bombs on them which were intended to kill, innocents be damned. Is that not an act of terrorism, or is it legit, just cuz we did it.