Forte's Comments Are a Real Condemnation of Bowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 25, 2017.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Bowles will be fired by week 16. Move along.

2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Lack of control is right. If I thought he was improving as a coach, I might feel better about him. Then, he was recently asked about players being late for meetings and he expresses no concern. Moreover, TB announces he understands the tardiness, instead of warning against it or condemning it Every other time he is on camera he has a stupid grin on his face like he is just SO happy to actually BE a head coach. My opinion only, but I think he is in way over his head with little chance of improvement. Now we have S.Richardson yipping about now departed Brandon Marshall, something about 15 reasons--clearly the inmates run this asylum, and that is the right word.

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

does this article mean I should disregard the dozens of other comments made by players that speak extremely highly of bowles?

zace, Walt White and FJF like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Well that's what happens when the owner continually hires former DCs as his HC and then has the HC and GM as equals and expects them to cooperate and work together. Mac might be ass backwards too, but we'll never know unless Bowles is fired and Mac is given the opportunity to hire his own HC.

5. NCJetsfan

Yes, as should Bowles own comments, as well as the team's embarrassing, abysmal play last season.

tomdeb likes this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I would suggest that when a player answers questions safely and as one would expect that his words most often may be disregarded. On the other hand if a player initiates conversations and gives complete thoughtful, sometimes surprising answers he might actually be saying something that we should pay more attention to.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

" Sometimes your alarm clock does not go off , it happens . Everybody is late now and then its not the end of the world or life threatening "
    2018 cant come fast enough !

tomdeb likes this.
  8. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

The worst part about Forte's statements (as it shows Bowles' lack of management ability) is that they happened this week. Popping your mouth off about teammates and coaches is just toxic... So here we go again.

Bowles hasnt learned a thing. He still treats these veterans like "adult men who can speak their mind" when in fact they are babies who shouldve been told to shut the hell up, look in the mirror and start doing whats best for the team. These guys are blaming people no longer in the building for their failures. Bowles should have read them the riot act the moment OTA's started about keeping Jet locker room business in the locker room. Bowles is a fool.

Oh and by the way Forte:
    • You had a shit year and you are now officially a shit signing. 3.7 yards per carry last year. Any scrub picked up off the street could do that. When Powell was put in he excelled, 5.5 yards per touch and he caught more out of the backfield and had many more plays where he got into the secondary. Powell should have been RB1 and touched the ball more, but he only had it 205 times compared to your 238.
    • How is your sucking Gailey's fault? The main error of Gaileys is not putting Powell in earlier.
    • We dont hear Powell complaining to the press about the scheme or his teammates. And he has a case to complain about his workload and not being RB1. But he keeps his mouth shut. He is the better player and obviously is a team leader too.
    • Gailey is now on the golf course and doesnt have a reporter next to him to defend himself. And he seems to be a gentleman so I doubt he would say anything anyway. So it was a cheap shot.
    The sooner guys like Bilal Powell and Leo Williams assume the veteran role the better.

#28 PulseJet, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What do you expect them to say? Anyone who speaks out against a current or former coach is labeled a malcontent. If he is a current player, then speaking out against the coach is a ticket to the bench or deactivation on game day.

10. Yes...You & I among others have had this discussion before..The run of defensive head coaches is most definitely a contributing factor.You knew that despite all the garbage the Jets team provided to this battered fan base last season that Bowles was pounding the table to fix his secondary. above all else. These defensive guys are such ego maniacs & wanna win or lose on their terms and it's just a severely flawed concept. Maybe in certain organizations there are healthy means of collaboration to provide some balance to a defense first Head coach. But there is literally no over riding voice on anything with this franchise.

Bowles came here touting that he'd end the defense bias & coach all aspects. Then we hear last season "he doesn't talk to offensive players or attend meetings".Really?? W. as horrible as this offense has been for so many years..w. his name on the final result he was confident enough to leave Chan Gailey to his own devices? Further..Woody saw no issue w. this? Where's the Jets John Mara to remind these clowns of the team's historical offensive ineptitude..or that the "defense wins championships" notion actually requires a team to score points to GET to the playoffs to WIN a championship. Doesn't anyone care? is there really NO continuity at all?

I'm not sure what it will take to get Woody to understand all of this & either fix the issue or the sell the team. But this issue isn't going anywhere & will continue to plague the Jets. Maybe they need some sort of offense specific front office member that can provide alittle more of a voice/Quality assurance so that this ignorance is finally eliminated. It's an unconventional idea...but this is far from a conventional organizational structure.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Lot of complaints about Bowles not acting to get Forte under control, to nip the criticism in the bud, etc. Has anyone considered that Bowles agrees with Forte especially about the locker room, and is happy to see Forte step up and be the team leader they desperately need? They sure don't have that yet at QB (I can always hope it's on the way). Forte didn't criticize Bowles directly so much as he admitted last year was toxic and they need to get past that as a team to become a team. And no one can argue against that.

About the vets mentioned above who are Jets no more: Mangold played hard and well for all the time he was a Jet. I don't know, but I'd be very surprised if he was one of the causes of a dysfunctional locker room. Revis flat out stunk, but was given far too much sway because of who he once was, and that caused problems with accountability: as in, he had none. Marshall was always a drama queen, and won't be missed for that reason. He'd talk all big and bad, but drop easy balls at critical moments. There's that accountability thing again. The room can only be better this year, and with his antagonist now gone, SR hopefully will behave himself.

I'm optimistic about this year, that there will be improvement through individual development and team growth. Yes, I know I'm running more on hope than actual insight. I won't get to see much of it because I live so far away, however. Unless I buy the NFL package, and that's probably less than a wise expenditure for even a Jets loyalist. At least I didn't have to watch the Kotite debacle. :)

12. NCJetsfan

It doesn't even take a long memory to remember that just a couple of years ago, that was a huge problem with Rex. Then what does Woody do but hire yet another DC.

I'm not sure that Woody will ever get it. Like Hess, he's a dumbass and absolutely clueless.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I haven't seen any complaints about Bowles not acting to get Forte under control, but even so, that's the problem with Bowles in a nutshell. He evidently has zero control and zero desire to get control. Even though some players have been quoted as saying that they respect Bowles, I don't think they do, or see how they possibly can. I think they're saying that to the media because as long as Bowles is here they know that they have it easy. They won't have to work too hard, won't get screamed at too much, won't get publicly humilated, won't get fined, won't get suspended, and will have a nice long off season.

If Bowles has been waiting for a leader to step up, then he should be fired today and just let Morton take over as HC. That's HIS freaking job. The buck stops with him. Yes, every HC needs players who are leaders to help, but ultimately, the HC sets the tone and creates the atmosphere. He is such a pussy. I loathe and detest Bowles, and have zero respect for him as a coach or man.

Has Sheldon behaved himself so far? NO. He won't and he can't. He's a head case POS and the sooner we get rid of that dreck the better off we'll be.

With these last quotes from Forté and evidence of how useless Bowles is, all hope for him is gone, and I want him gone at the end of this season, I don't care how much improvement he or the team makes.

CBG likes this.
  14. He might be even more clueless than the perception already is. Consider the fact that he's been the owner for almost 2 decades and despite his college education still has literally no clue or conviction on how to build a program,thinking big picture or anything remotely advanced within the football operational landscape. There have been recent NFL combines in which he made it a point to be seen on camera w. all the scouts(quite possibly the only owner outside of Jerry Jones to do so), he attends league meetings & even go as far as to try to show some football credibility in his scarce public appearances.Despite all of this exposure to the behind the scenes/execution/lessons learned he still couldn't begin to tell you the basic differences between a 3-4 & 4-3 defense. It's as if he's not only clueless when it comes to football...he's basically an all out moron..worse he's unwilling to relinquish power.

Ever notice when ever anyone asks him what he wants to see from the team he keeps it as vague as possible?

Q. "What do you want to see from your franchise moving forward"
    A. To Win

Q: What type of players is your team looking for
    A: Good one's.

Now maybe it's just lip service..but based on the finished product we see year after year..those type of answers are about as detailed & advanced as he's willing to get.There has to be more substance & specifics than that. Any 6th grade C level student can grasp that.

But the 4-6th highest grossing football franchise in sports representing the tri state...nope. It's over their head.

15. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

The only small glimmer of optimism I have is that we have a GM who finally pulled the plug and started a complete ground-up rebuild rather than trying to hold things together with chewing gum, bailing wire, and overpriced free agents. I'm not excited about his drafts but it's too early to say they're terrible. If we can Bowles, I'm concerned we toss McCagnan out with him, which I think would be a mistake. He made at least one tough call, correctly.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Bowles had 1 good year and one terrible year.This season will tell us alot

Walt White likes this.
  17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Pretty simple. Is there a HC in the history of mankind that didn't make mistakes early in their careers? Some of the best HC's ever made mistakes, and had a chance to learn from them. I'd love to see this guy shut people the fuck up.

18. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bowles doesn't have it in him to be a head coach. I mean even 2015, everything was set up for him. They loaded up on talent, easy schedule and he still needed some lucky break wins against below average teams (Dallas/Giants) and had two unforgivably atrocious losses to the inept Bills. As well as a pretty rotten loss to the Raiders who were improving but certainly beatable.

This year was the closest I've ever seen to Kotite level ineptitude. From the locker room drama that was never sorted out, to the poor in game management, to guys quitting left and right, no accountability, no adjustments, poor understanding of clock management and situational football (prime example the Pittsburgh game)

The talent and easy schedule covered for most of his ineptness in 2015. Last year there was nowhere to run or hide. This year it's going to get ugly.

I believe the Jets quietly think either Morton or Kevin Greene or perhaps even Bates is a budding head coach. If not we're going to have to hope O'Brien frees up in Houston or look elsewhere.

19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Rich Bowles is the biggest problem because he runs the shit show like a resort

Sorry to Rich Kotite for defaming your name with the Toilet Man

KurtTheJetsFan and boozer32 like this.
  20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If—

If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
    And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
    If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!