"Fitz is garbage, and I'm over here cooking turkey necks!?"

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Footballgod214, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ps-jets-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-article-1.3282080

Vince Young rips former Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: 'He's still f---ing getting paid?'

[​IMG]
    Former Eagles quarterback Vince Young is in disbelief ex-Jets signal caller Ryan Fitzpatrick still has a job.
    (PATRICK MCDERMOTT/GETTY IMAGES)
    Vince Young hasn't played in an NFL game in six years, and when he looks around the league, the former Texas star is struggling to understand why that's the case.

In particular, he is shocked ex-Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick still has a job.

"I hate to name-drop, but Fitzpatrick is still playing!? He leads the league in interceptions, and he's still f---ing getting paid?" Young said in a Sports Illustrated profile published Tuesday. "I mean, what the f--- is going on?"

Fitzpatrick actually finished third in the NFL in interceptions last year with 17. He signed a one-year, $3 million deal with the Bucs this offseason to back up Jameis Winston, who threw 18 interceptions last season.

Vince Young's NFL tale includes clashes with coach, bankruptcy

"I'd see a quarterback and be like, 'Dude is garbage, and I'm over here in the kitchen cooking turkey necks!?" Young said.

Young last played in the NFL in 2011 as backup with the Eagles. He recently attempted to resurrect his football career but was released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL after tearing his hamstring.

2. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Fitz's job is to make sure no one steals the bench!

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Both garbage, Fitz is just a bit less of a stinking pile of it. Not wanting to back Fitz but at least he has more career TDs than INTs and they both had decent running games at the beginning of their careers to fall back on.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Both trash.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

bad with a good attitude and you can hang around for a while, see mccown, josh.
    bad with a bad attitude and you won't be around long, right vince?

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I thought any post that had the words "turkey necks" had to be in the BS Forum?

7. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Imagine being worse than Fitzpatrick and out of the league. That must feel awful. Vince Young is exactly where he needs to be, and so is Fitzpatrick. 3 million as a back up to a franchise QB is just about the right spot for Fitz.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Vince Young is jealous as hell.

Cman68 likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

....so any new thread the references our most recent starting QB gets moved to the shit-pile. Got it!

10. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Not to wish I'll will to anyone, but the way Fitzparick's history had gone, isn't Winston due for a season ending injury this year?

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Hey Vince, pass me a turkey neck.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

When I saw turkey necks I thought Cman was talking about barbecueing

Br4d likes this.
  13. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

In that case, he will throw for 3500 yards with 27 touchdowns and get paid $12 million next year.

14. The Waterboy

Guess people just have to get used to looking in the correct forums for things that are not NY Jets related.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

I forgot TGG has an unspoken rule about 'no new content' for the 3 months between OTAs and TC.

16. The Waterboy

What the hell are you talking about? You started a thread about a Tampa Bay Buc and a washed up QB that never played for the Jets, you just put it in the wrong forum and now getting your panties in a bunch because it was moved.
    There has been plenty of new content, most of it was just posted in the correct forum.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Vince Young may be cooking turkey necks, but Fitz is cooking (and probably poisoning) crab legs.

stinkyB and TonyFtLaud like this.
  18. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Vince, you tore your f'ing hamstring and were waived by the Saskatchewan Rough Riders weeks before you made this comment. You're 34 years old and haven't played in an NFL game since 2011. You couldn't get a roster spot with Buffalo in 2012 (a team that had Ryan Fitzpatrick as their starting QB, BTW) and couldn't even get a roster spot on Cleveland in 2014 (a team with Brian Hoyer as their starter). If you're pissed about not getting a chance because you think Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks, then maybe, just maybe, you should be concentrating (and should have been doing) on what you do rather than who is employed by NFL teams. You need to suck FAR less than you do. Your time has passed. Let it go and worry about your finances so you don't have to file for bankruptcy again, otherwise, you'll be dreaming about the days where you were cooking turkey necks........

19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Vince'll be cooking chicken necks before long.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He should be happy with the necks; Marinovich is looking for a job and can barely afford the turkey feet.