Ex-NFL player who planned murder of pregnant girlfriend seeks custody of son

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mainejet, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Ex-NFL player who planned murder of pregnant girlfriend seeks custody of son
    By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

[​IMG]
    Rae Carruth, pictured here in January 2001, is seeking custody of his son once he is released from prison. (Reuters)

A former NFL wide receiver who is serving time for a murder he planned back in 1999 so he allegedly wouldn’t have to pay child support, is about to be released from his North Carolina prison and wants custody of the child.

Rae Carruth, who last played for the Carolina Panthers, was sentenced to 18 to 24 years in prison after being found guilty of hiring two men to carry out the murder of Cherica Adams, according to ESPN.

Adams, who was pregnant at the time with his son, was shot four times and died. Carruth and Adams’ son, Chancellor Lee Adams, was born prematurely due to the shooting and suffers from cerebral palsy due to the shooting.

Carruth, who said he found God, wrote in a letter addressed to the mother of the victim, Saundra Adams, saying that he accepted responsibility for the murder and expressed interest in gaining custody of his son, according to WBTV in Charlotte.

“I'm apologizing for the loss of her daughter. I'm apologizing for the impairment of my son," Carruth said. “I feel responsible for everything that happened. And I just want her to know that truly I am sorry for everything.”

[​IMG]
    Saundra Adams, pictured here in 2001, told the Charlotte Observer that Carruth would never have custody of his son. (Reuters)

Saundra Adams, the grandmother, has raised his 18-year-old son, told the Charlotte Observer on Monday that Carruth would never have custody of his son.

“Chancellor will be raised either by me or, after I'm gone, by someone else who loves him and who knows him. He will never be raised by a stranger -- someone he doesn't know and who tried to kill him,” she told the newspaper.

Carruth claimed that he wants the responsibility and said he believes that he “could still make a difference and I don't think that's anyone's responsibility when I'm still here.”

"He will never be raised by a stranger -- someone he doesn't know and who tried to kill him."

- Saundra Adams
    Carruth is set to be released from prison on Oct. 22.

2. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I saw a report on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel back a few years ago about this case. The kid is severely retarded due to birth complications and his mother dying before he was born. Would you let this scumbag take custody of that kid knowing that his intention was to kill his mother and him?

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There has to be money involved.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

man, i can't believe he is getting out already,let alone at all.

Patriot, abc, JetBlue and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This just shows how utterly messed up our justice system is. They shouldn't even be entertaining this. Yeah he probably "found god" while getting boned in the ass in prison on a daily basis. What a scumbag. His request should be immediately denied without even consideration.

6. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

What custody is there to gain if the kid is 18? The kid is a legal adult.
    Bangs gavel.
    Case dismissed!

7. FJF

Mentally handicapped, he will be in someone’s custody for his entire life.

jetophile, HomeoftheJets and Jetaho like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Why it's historically called a penitentiary, it was so murdering assholes and common thieves could be penitent and somehow find salvation through prayer and isolation. I'm all for feeling truly sorry for harming others, but Christianity being some type of measuring stick when it comes to rehabilitation is a huge pile of shit. Frig Rae Carruth and his faith. He should've prayed to some dope in the sky before he plotted killing his highly pregnant girlfriend.

When people find God, all I do is yawn. Endlessly. If you're an atheist in prison, good luck with the parole board.

#8 jetophile, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article202784809.html

Carruth has conceded on his desire to gain custody of his son. Acknowledging he will never have a relationship with his son. He writes about how he was surprised and underestimated how much the mother of the woman he murdered and guardian of his son does not want to ever have a relationship. He is also surprised that the media and general public are unanimous in believing he shouldn't be around his son.

Most human beings would not be surprised about either reaction. But being locked up for 20 years might mess with understanding the world you live in. OR maybe Carruth is full of shit and just wrote this up after his lawyer informed him that it was against North Carolina law for him to ever gain custody of his son anyway. who knows & who cares. Hopefully this is the last time we ever have to hear about Ray Carruth

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. abc

abc Well-Known Member

“I feel responsible".... YOU "ARE" RESPONSIBLE JERKOFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jetophile likes this.
  11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Yea that's a no from me. I am sure a lot of us here have children and on one hand, I couldn't imagine not being able to have my son..... but he caused some serious damage, so I think he has lost that opportunity. Tough one though. I was too young to remember this story so this is actually new to me. Wow.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Well said. Being an atheist in general in this country leads to all kinds of discrimination in all walks of life. You can't even be honest and open with people about it, without committing political suicide and inviting bullying and favoritism at work. People seem to think you are automatically a good person if you "find god" or believe in god, but equate you to murderers and rapists if you are atheist. The sad thing is that most of the time, it's the exact opposite. There is a reason why only .07% of the federal prison population identifies as atheist.

#12 Sam Hammer, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ahh nothing is more fun than people hoping other people get raped by a guy named bubba.

14. jetophile

Saundra Adams softened her position, but personally? I think it's an understated way to tell Rae Carruth to go screw himself a million times over. This is graceful, quiet, yet 'forgiving' revenge to the umpteenth. She let Carrutth see the damage he caused when his child was a year old, and he didn't give a crap. Chancellor is a legal adult now, and of course, his Grandma thoroughly discussed all of this with him and he made his own decision. This woman is an under the radar fukking badass. "Hi, Dad, look what you did to me! Again!" Custody, haha. I don't know the laws where he's sucking up my tax money, but I guess you have to start there before you ask for visitation.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/rae-carruth-son-prison-released-article-1.2840022

It will be up to Chancellor as to what sort of visitation he wants in the future, and that is fully his choice, which you know she will honor; but this woman should be hired in The Frig You And Die Gently Department. Haha, Robby Anderson's mugshot is in the link. As if you don't think every word you type isn't tracked.

#14 jetophile, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  15. jetophile

The bible and Christianity shouldn't be used as a litmus test for rehabilitation and transition back into society. It's bullshit. I vaguely adhere to something vague and boring, but at the same time, atheists shouldn't make it their life mission to shout down how stupid people are. It won't get anyone anywhere. It's pointless. No-one will ever change anyone else's mind. I hate when atheists do that. It's a losing battle, and it doesn't serve any purpose except to make atheists look like a bunch of self-serving needling assholes.

I'm not an atheist in the true sense of the word. I'm just a relentless skeptic. My vague adherence to something vague and boring is this: don't murder people and be something that a barge of garbage floating up the Hudson River can't park somewhere and get rid of. I wish that kid closure, if that's what he's looking for. I hope Rae Carruth gets a job flipping burgers and gets a life. I also hope that kid slams the door of his Grandma's in Rae Carruth's face until time immemorial.

Oh, by the way, Mohammed really did ride on a donkey into the sky and split the moon in two. Are billions of people really this fukking high? This is the shit people are seriously killing each other over. Oh, hi, ISIS!

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That was a great rant and I'm still chuckling.

17. FJF

That’s chapter 1 in the book of my own made up religion. We get a few more followers we could become a legit religion with all the tax benefits that come with it. Think about it

18. jetophile

It's a damn shame that the Roman Catholic Church, the Oriental Orthodox Catholic Church, and the Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church celebrate Easter a week apart! I like to think this is to avoid Celebrity Christian Death Match, because watching these dopes beat the crap out of each over Nicaea nonsense in The Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem is FANTASTIC! It's so warm, fuzzy, and Jesusy!

Word has it that the Church was shut down for three days because Israel is demanding $186 million in back taxes for ownership of commercial properties! They'll work it out eventually, because tourism is not only religion, it's money! A bunch of Asian people protested over the closure and demands over pay me! I don't get it! Just give me my damn workshirts that you dry cleaned before you decided to fly half way around the world! I wonder how many people will set themselves on fire in a few days during that Holy Fire thing? That's what you never hear about! Oh, and, yeah, the guy that holds the key to that place is Muslim! Been that way for roughly 400 years! We'll never get along over fake stuff on the Big Three, but the funny thing is, Christians (Protestants and those Evangelical people) often go to this other site across the way because they are CONVINCED that's where Christ was truly buried! The real skinny is that they just don't want to deal with the crowds and their pastor needs a new Bentley!

-Signed,
    Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

#18 jetophile, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Get enough celebrity followers and you could start a pedo commune, that's where the men in power will get you going.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

He should have turned the gun on & killed himself; before killing a pregnant woman and hurting an unborn baby. Should have either received the death penalty or life in prison without parole regardless this coward should never be set free.