ESPN radio: Dolphins sigh Harrington

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by brothermoose, Apr 20, 2006.

1. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

No more unknowns than we would be facing had we signed Brees.....

It's been an unknown since day one. I don't see what's changed, especially since these new reports aren't giving us any concrete facts regarding how long he'll be out....

For a second round pick, Culpepper was a steal. You can slice and dice it any way you choose. Miami made out great with this trade. Even if Culpepper misses the entire 2006 season, the Phinz will still be in much better shape at QB than they've been in a very long time...

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

i think the fins, keep upgrading. i hate to say it, but if RICKY WILLIAMS' possible suspension, is overturned, then they have some more, ammunition, to get some more picks, in the draft, via trade. i don't like this, at all!!!

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

the doliphins *sigh* Harington?

4. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

He's not so much of a steal if he isn't playing at all this year. And apparently - that is a possibility. You really don't know what your going to get with him and his play too. He could turn out to just need a new coach and system and play like wildfire, or he could end up choking away again. And to back him up you bring in Harrington? Ummm... ok. Personally, I'd just play Gus till Culpepper got healthy. But I'm no GM either. ;)

5. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Why not??....

Even is he sits the whole 2006 season, he's going to get healthy sooner or later. By the time the 2007 season rolls around, he should be 100% back from injury. What makes him any less of a steal once that day gets here???....

Culpepper still has some solid years left, and those could be some very well compensated years for Miami / 2nd round pick if all goes as expected. If not, it was still worth the risk. QB's like Culpepper don't come around very often, and he's proven what he can do when he's healthy...

In that case, which Culpepper do you expect to see once he's healthly again???? I'm going with the one that can throw for 250 in his sleep. How about you??...

We needed a back-up, and if Harrington signs, we'll have one....

He's got better numbers and more experience than Ramsey does. Of course that's just my opinion, and I'm sure you guys feel the opposite, so there's no use in getting into that, it's a given. Time will ultimately tells us all we need to know....

Obviously not, or you would have known that Frerotte signed with the St. Louis Rams about a month ago....

6. GreenMachine

Sounds like Jets fans on Pennington.....

7. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

One huge difference. It was his throwing shoulder.....

#27 BLITZKRIEG, Apr 21, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  8. GreenMachine

Yes, you are right...God knows, a QB does not need his knees to throw a ball or play in the NFL...What was I thinking????

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

No, I don't. That is my point, I don't have a lot of faith in him being a stud in the future. The injury doesn't help him. And my point of him not being worth it is that he's going to possibly be sitting around doing NOTHING all season for you. If you don't mind having a mediocre team now that is fine I guess. Wait and see. But your paying now for a guy that could be a gamble.

You got me there bud. :rofl: I don't keep up with Fins news all that closely to know. But they could have kept him as the back-up, or did he not want to stay? Harrington is just that, a backup. But there appears to be decent enuff speculation that he's backing up the whole season (possibly). Wouldn't you have rather kept a guy that was familiar with the system and the team, and won you some games the previous year? Once again, not up to speed on the Ferrotte leaving and all, so there may be a reason I'm unaware of.

10. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I never said a QB doesn't need his legs / knee to run. Don't recall stating that anywhere. I'm sure Culpepper will be just fine once he's healthy, and that's the issue here is it not??....

11. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

We tried....hard. He didn't want to stay after we traded for Culpepper....

Another reason he split was due to ex-Phinz OC Scott Linehan taking the Rams Hcing job. Frerotte has been under him since his days in Minnesota, and wanted to continue playing in his offense. He'll never unseat Bulger though....

12. GreenMachine

How can you be postive he will be 100%..He injured 3 of the 4 ligaments...That's not a big deal????

13. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I don't expect Culpepper back until October, burt even if the news is worse, and he misses the entire 2006 season, I'll still be positive....VERY POSITIVE.

You do realize who our QB's have been over the last five years right???.....

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Well that explains Harrington well enuff. For me, I'd be less worried about the knee injury and more worried about whether he's going to choke or not. Like I said, I think he'll either be great, or suck major. I don't believe he'll be average. We'll see though. Hopefully they aren't paying him too much to play in rehab.

15. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

Football is a team sport, Harrington was on a team with less talent then Gus.

16. Outtawack311

Outtawack311 New Member