Epic Choke by Tebow's former team

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CowboysFan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Seriously, that's one of the best ballgames I can remember watching in the postseason. The Ravens never gave up. Two runbacks? And they had to make some key stops in that game. (Luckily, they got postseason Peyton and not regular season Peyton).

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

Lol he goes from asking if I have a college degree, to what my answer is no because I'm still in high school, to quickly saying that english is not his first language, even though its not mine eather.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is the fun part now. Has what Big Ben done really more impressive or better show of his QB skill than Kurt Warner. Does that mean Marino doesn't belong on the top QB list since he isn't here? Is Terry Bradsahw really the 3rd best QB and Joe Montana isn't #1? Does Sanchez's winning record as a start accurately reflect his QB skill? How come Joe Flacco's playoff and regular season record? Does Eli Manning's playoff record accurately shows his over skill as QB, or does his show his peaks in his constant peaks and valleys career? And I haven't even mentioned defense or special teams or coaching yet.

The discussion of quarterback extends well past W-L like the discussion of basketball players goes well past ringzzzz, like the discussion of baseball players goes well past rings. The only one you could argue there is a distinct order in based on rings is baskeball, but you have to qualify it as rings where you are the best player on the team otherwise Robert Horry is one of the GOAT.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can't find romo on the list?

5. displacedfan

You didn't even mention the craziest play, the hail mary! They let a wide receiver get behind them knowing they had to keep everyone in front of them. It was crazy realizing that the safety was in place, then realizing he misplaced it, then realizing he is the S and last guy back.

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

He's on a list of his own.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Peyton threw a pick 6, a fumble that led to 6 and the game clinching interception that led to the loss all the while having a 14 point cushion given to him by special teams with a heavily favored team.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It was an epic choke, all around. The mighty defense of the Broncos contributed mightily.

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

First thought -- this should make for some funny internet-picture-memes where Tebow is talking to Peyton

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

fuck romo guys that's doing nothing to me , seriously , who gives a crap about Romo ?

if we are talking all time playoff wins we are talking Aikman waaaaaay up the list.

LOL at you guys thinking saying anything about Romo bothers me, it cant bother me worst than what the cowboys actually do on the field already for 17 years ..get real. I am impervious to pain, I am the guns of the Navarrone when it comes to abuse...

Please Keep sticking up for dolphins fans and Peyton manning though its adding to the entertainment of the evening. LOL!!!

#50 CowboysFan, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  11. displacedfan

Okay easy. The Broncos were up 7 points, after putting up 21 offensive points and 14 ST points. The Ravens had to go 78 yards in 1 minute and 9 seconds with timeouts. The defense lets the Ravens score on a bomb with 30 seconds left.

We could also point to the shanked miss field goal.

We could also point to the field position game, BAL on their own 5, connects for 25 yards instead of punting from the back of the EZ.

The funniest part of this, by Junc logic, Peyton Manning receives no blame for this game and the defense lost it. And Junc logic doesn't allow for the fact that Peyton Manning is not the primary reason for a loss, so now he's caught in a endless loop :breakdance:

12. displacedfan

Oh you were talking choke job. I thought you were talking general excitement and you forgot the hail mary

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Second thought -- in all honesty, part of the reason I was looking forward to this season was I thought we'd have a Tebow-led Jets team in the playoffs, and the Broncos in the playoffs, and there would be Twitter-Nuclear-War with all the possibilities. Peyton is a threat to choke at any time, and I was hoping for maybe an overachieving Jets team getting a playoff win.

It would have been like this, but about 10x the epic-ness.

I enjoy excitement, drama. Even the drama of failure. Just the risk, and the passion. One reason I enjoy following Tebow is he walks this line. He's more fun because he's an eminent failure risk and a success-troll at the same time.

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Nah, I wasn't the one that left it out (not my post). I was just agreeing with you that the hail mary was particularly egregious.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Peyton choked, gave up 17 points on turnovers...please

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Peyton threw a stupid pick to lose the game in OT. The defense clowned away a sure win in regulation with 40 seconds left to go and no timeouts for the offense. The game was in the bag.

17. Realistic Jets Fan

If Teblow had played for Denver the Ravens would have won 62-7

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Ok your opinion is that Peyton had nothing to do with the loss.

Mine is he choked.

we are all clear on that.

You left out his 14 point special teams cushion.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

where did i ever say peyton had nothing to do with the loss. My first sentence in the post you quoted said peyton threw a stupid INT to lose the game in OT. Do you even read what you quote?

20. displacedfan

He gave up 7. Unless that was him getting burnt on defense. Let's be honest here. Even if you believe that, how you don't blame defense #1, I don't know. If the game was like 10-7 BAL I could agree with Peyton as the main reason, but they put 21 points