Eating a bunch of Cheeseburgers before we go stretch...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Watkin, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Watkin

Watkin New Member

"Let's make sure we play like the [expletive] New York Jets and not some slap d*ck team."

What do you all think Rex would have done with this team once Darnold was drafted?

I truly believe we would have Le'veon Bell right now if Rex was in charge.

I also bet Rex would have gambled on Dez Bryant like he did with Holmes. It would certainly be a more exciting team than the one we have now.

We're 3-6 - so why not speculate...What if Rex Ryan rocked up to the Jets in 2018 instead of 2009...

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If Rex was in charge then we would have drafted Denzel Ward and not Sam Darnold.

Put him in charge now and we might eke out an extra win or two but I would still expect ill-discipline, West-coast losses and unpreparedness. We might use timeouts better though.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Holy cholesterol Batman

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Rex being coach would not the change situation in Pittsburgh that keeps bell from being traded.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Bell would not have solved our problems seeing as we don't have a line to open holes for him, let's start there. Add to the fact that he's a malcontent and would've started running his mouth as sure as the sun comes up. He probably would become besties with Odell Beckham, Jr. while the sale of Excedrin increases exponentially in the tri-state area. Bell would also have just been a band-aid while the Jets as a team is a gaping wound. It would've just been throwing good money after bad IMO. Until the Jets have a solid base at key positions and actually have a viable team, it would've been a disaster. I'm sure there's plenty who will disagree, but that's what message boards are for.

6. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I loved Rex but he wouldn't be the right coach for the team now anyway. He wasn't a great teacher, he needed the veteran heavy teams.