Draft Watch - 2018

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cman68, Sep 22, 2017.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Man, and I thought I was pessimistic! Sadly, you might be closer to the truth than I want to admit. If Bowles sticks to his "McCown gives us the best chance to win" routine past the halfway mark, I may be done. If McCown pulls a Fitz, and has a career year, and they win a bunch of games, what difference will that make in the long run? He won't be back, or even if he does return, it would only be a year at most. In the meantime, what do Petty and Hack do? And how do they get a FQB?

Maybe these questions will be answered, and they'll improve despite my doubts, but I probably won't be around to see it.

In the meantime, let's see what happens next week against the Jaguars who stomped the Ravens. We could well return to earth.

2. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

Well it's clear we're not gonna get a top 3 pick the niners bears and possibly colts are worse than us depends on if luck gets back and when

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Bears just beat a pretty good steelers team. They'll be competitive in a bunch of games and ultimately will win a few games that will probably land them in the 4-6 range. Colts are getting luck back within the next few weeks, once he comes in they'll also win a few games as they have 1 win already versus the Browns. The two teams that pose the most problems in terms of getting the #1 overall are the 49ers and the Browns (more so Browns IMO).

4. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

Until we toss up a W against CLE I will remain confident in a top 3 pick.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Chicago got crushed last night so, we're still in it for now..

5 teams are 0-3:

Cleveland
    Cincy
    49'ers
    Chargers
    Giants

6 teams at 1-2:

Indy
    Texans
    Jets
    Saints
    Hawks
    Cardinals

and Chicago at 1-3

Its starting to get a bit crowded down here at the bottom.. The math on this is not in our favor.. 6 possible FQB's spots available for 12 teams so far.. Musical chairs NFL style..

#25 Cman68, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Looks like the Dolphins and Browns will be drafting 1-2. We'll probably wind up drafting 6th and miss out on the top QBs, the top LT and the top edge rusher (if there is one). Typical Jets.

7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Dolphins have enough talent, if they bench Cutler, to win a few games. I think 49ers and Browns will be picking first and second. Which is interesting because what happens to Kirk Cousins? does he re-sign with the Redskins or do the 49ers pry him away in free agency? Does another team sign him (Jets?), do the Browns think that Kizer is the real deal, or will they draft QB high and demote Kizer to back up. Regardless, this 2 week resurgence is interesting but I want to keep the competition in perspective. I still think we may drafting top 5. I feel like if the Jets truly want to draft Rosen or Darnold they should. Eagles traded a ton to get Wentz but he's legit.

8. Cman68

Cousins is too young to play QB for the Jets. We only get really old guys on their way out of the league to be "mentors" for young QB's that will never get a real chance to play.

9. Cman68

It may be time to close this thread for the time being. Maybe open it up again after Thanksgiving when we have a clearer picture how far out of the top 5 we'll be.

10. Cman68

If there are no objections.... closing this thread by COB today.

11. Cman68

Ok, now we can seriously talk our QB options..

12. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Denver won last night and they also beat us. How many spots did we move up?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Didn't move at all, still at #10 since same record and Jets have higher SOS. If Bears and Bucs win this weekend a Jets loss moves them to #8. Denver has Washington next week so another win and a Jets loss moves them to #7 if the aforementioned Bears and Bucs wins happen. Cinci has Minn., Det. and Balt so I doubt they will but if they squeeze out a win and previously mentioned happens then they can get to #6.

Basically if much falls Jets way they can move up to #5 or #6 but likely looking at #7-#9

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Leicester Jet likes this.
  14. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link - I;ve already bookmark the page ;)

The Waterboy likes this.