Draft Order: where the jets will land?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 27, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Thanks to petty and our 3 game losing streak we have now jumped into the 7th or 8th pick (currently tied with SF on a coin toss)

The good news is SF has won 4 in a row and garappolo looks good so they could win their final game

Chi has a harder SOS then us so sits behind us no matter what at this point

there are 2 teams we could jump Den and TB and pick possibly top 5. Denver just needs to win and they are playing a KC team that is resting their starters and facing the rookie mahomes. It's likely hunt, kelce, and tyrell won't be playing as well making it a good chance for Den to get that win and move us up to 6

TB however is on a 5 game slide, although did put up a good fight against CAR. They are also facing the saints who need the win to wrap up the division. So i predict a loss

With that in Mind, I believe the Jets will pick 6th in the 2018 Draft

The bad news?

Cleveland will have 2 picks in the top 5. Kizer has been terrible and they are likely to use one of those picks on a QB. They will pick 1st and 4th. It's almost guaranteed the top QB goes to them I see this as Rosen with darnold opting to stay 1 more year in college hoping that cleveland won't land the top pick 3 years in a row, sadly i believe they will but will trade out after taking rosen in 2018

The giants will likely pick 2nd unless they pull out a miracle win. They could also draft a QB. Eli is old and has been ineffective for years. However they do Love eli still and fired their coach and GM mid season for Eli pretty much. They did draft Webb as well but he was a late pick. They are hard to tell since they will have a brand new GM but also have a lot of holes. That means likely QBs will go 1 and 2 in this draft, however they could opt to trade down a few spots with us for extra picks. It would likely cost us both of our 2nd round picks to move up from 6 to 2, or a 1st round next year and maybe a 3rd this year. personally I wouldn't mind giving up both 2nd rounders to land our franchise QB we desperately need. Either way I see Lamar Jackson going here

after that things clear up a bit. With IND picking 3rd, they won't be taking a QB unless they trade luck and I don't see it happening personally. They will likely look to give luck more weapons. Gore is long in the tooth and we seen what guys like cook, fournette, zeke, hunt etc can do for a team. I could see them taking RB barkley

With the 4th pick, Cleveland is up again here is where it's tricky, they could take fitzpatrick to bolster their secondary however they could trade down for more picks especially if a QB is on the board and Den is picking 7 with us at 6. it's a wild card spot where anything can happen

at 5 is TB and they have their QB already

It'll be much better for us personally if Darnold comes out. He would be the top pick, i think the giants then take rosen and we can trade up to 4 and land jackson. either way I see it as us best case with jackson at QB or opting to yet again take BPA which could be key (DE), Ridley (WR), or trading down.

2. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Doesn't really matter. If the Jets take a QB they'll fuck him up anyway.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If two QBs go off the board and we do not take one we are probably looking at one of these six players:

Saquon Barkley RB 5'11 230 lbs Penn State - Best RB prospect in last few years
    Minkah Fitzpatrick CB 6'1: 202 ;bs Alabama - Runs like a CB, hits like a safety
    Bradley Chubb OLB 6'4" 275 lbs NC State - We really need a pass rusher
    Arden Key OLB 6'6" 265 lbs - We really need a pass rusher
    Quenton Nelson OG 6'5" 330 lbs Notre Dame - May be the best guard to come out in a decade (started 12 games at left tackle as a junior)
    Connor Williams LT - 6'6" 315 lbs Texas - Could protect the blind side for the next decade

Would any of you really be all that upset if we ended up with any of these six players in round one?

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Not at all - have a gut feeling that the Jets will sign another vet QB - if Bowles stays on, I don't think Mac would entrust him with a high pick QB.

K'OB likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

depends is sam comes out of college. then i can see 3 QBS going top 10. if he doesn't come out and rosen and jackson go top 2 then we really shouldn't reach for one. with that said I think barkely and fitz will go top 5 out of our reach. Key is a good option for sure but i'd rather address offense, we've used too many high picks on defense and need to build the offense more. The other 3 are too high to pick 6 IMO so a trade back would be better. I wouldn't mind nelson or williams though but only if we can slide back a few picks. I think we can land williams or nelson around the 9-12 area

6. GasedAndConfused

If we could land cousins that would be great. Morton was Mccown back for another year. alex smith and sam bradford are 2 names I think will be available as well. Denver will likely make a run at a vet QB in the offseason too.

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I would be livid about the bold. We need an impact player and we need that player to be on offense. I would make an exception for Chubb, but taking defense in round 1 is really a step in the wrong direction imo.

Barkley would be awesome and I like Williams. We do need a LT. But, who is he going to protect? Somebody that is not worth a damn?

I think a QB or Barkley is a no brainer. I think that Rosen, Mayfield, and Jackson all go in the top 15. I would be ok with us drafting the last one standing if two of them go before our pick. Hopefully Darnold comes out and he makes this a little easier.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If only 2 QBs are off the board, time to go get Lamar Jackson and get some offensive line help in the next rounds.

Minkah is going #4 to the Browns
    Chubb will probably be a Colt
    Connor Williams will probably be a Buc / Giant

Arden Key has character issues. Barkley is good, but would rather have a combination of Lamar Jackson, Billy Price (C) and Rashad Penny (RB).

9. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if Lamar went in the top 10(as of today) unless there was a run on QBs and a team got desperate. Also depending on if Darnold/Rosen come out, he could wind up being the 5th QB selected.
    I personally would want Mac fired immediately if he took him at 6/7 overall, however, would completely understand why he did.

NYJetsO12 and BomberJet like this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I would be very surprised if Mac takes him. Another project, imo. Many in TGG are enamored with him but I don't see the connection with Mac. He will impress in the combines, but it's fools gold.

NYJetsO12 and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The TB loss last week was a gut punch, I can’t see them winning Sunday.

Luckily, LAR and KC have already committed to resting their starters, which is a huge help. SF looks like a safe bet to win with Jimmy G energizing them, but DEN is turning to Paxton Lynch so who knows what’ll happen in that QB matchup. As much as I like Mahomes we just have to hope that good secondary/pass rush combo tees off on him in his debut to cover up for Lynch’s shortcomings. Getting in front of Denver is a lot more important than Tampa or San Fran because they figure to be QB a desperate.

NYJetsO12 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

everyone said watson was a project. he was the 3rd QB taken and he was phenomenal before the freak injury,

gajetsfan and boozer32 like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Sign Cousins and draft Quenton Nelson.
    Both our running game and passing would improve considerably, and I think both will be pro-bowlers.
    Of course Barkley or Chubb would be nice if they're still available, but probably will be gone.

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No way the Jets take Jackson. They are going defense all the way...again.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Allen, Jackson, Mayfield. One will be available and one needs to be a Jet. Also not 100% convinced one of Rosen or Darnold is available or within trade up reach, I think Rosen is most likely out of the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

I can't see barkley falling past the colts at 3 to be honest.

I almost lost my shit when we drafted adams last year, If we draft defense in the 1st this year I will literally lose my shit. I'm good with QB or O-line but wouldn't mind barkely if he somehow falls to us at 6 or even trading back and grabbing Ridley. Just anything offfense

boozer32 likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

A lot is pending on of Sam comes out for the draft. If he does I can't see Cleveland passing him up with the 1st pick. The giants likely take rosen. teams picking 2-5 won't need a QB leaving us jackson at 6 unless Denver trades up for him. If sam doesn't come out, the browns like take rosen and the giants could opt to not take a QB if their new GM doesn't love jackson. They can ride eli for a few more years. We could trade up with them

18. boozer32

No defensive players should be on the Jets list. We need another first round defensive player like we need a hole in our heads. Bowles cannot coach any defenisve player so taking another one high in the draft is a waste of a draft pick. Look somehwere else.

GasedAndConfused and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Darnold coming out helps for sure, especially for those of us holding out hope for either him or Rosen becoming a Jet. I do think with or without him the Jets will be in position to draft one of the other QBs, either Mayfield, Allen or Jackson.

I really think Rosen can be in line to drop some on draft day. Wouldn’t be surprised if his attitude & injury history scares some teams off at the top.

20. boozer32

Yeah I would lose it if they take another defensive player. At what point do you say these people are morons. If I hear BPA one more time I will lose it too.

GasedAndConfused and NYJetsO12 like this.