Draft Grading

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Patriot, May 2, 2018.

?

Would you like to see draft grades for previous years instead?

Poll closed May 17, 2018.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Every year we see these draft grades being presented that really don't mean shit. Without these drafted players setting foot on a NFL game or even training camp, the so called experts seem to think they know how good a team's draft selection was?

It then dawned on me, and maybe on many of you, why aren't these draft grades done at least after 1 season of play or more? You would then have something to go by that is actually tangible. While we are at it, lets see how good Mel Kiper really was? The media probably wouldn't like this because it would mean more work and analysis in their part and some of their experts looking like fools.

2. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

It'd be cool to see draft grades running through their rookie contracts. It might also weed out the RGIIIs and other one hit wonders.

Harpua likes this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Its an interesting thought, but most draftniks spend time looking forward not back. It would take an immense amount of work to both look into the upcoming draft and really scout the players that are in the NFL on more than a surface basis.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

My draft grade for the Cheats cheating, A++. Oh, silly me, I got momentarily discombobulated and confused the draft with the regular season and head sets, jamming signals, drones, cameras, a mountain of tapes thrown on a bonfire by Goodell like 'Fahrenheit 451', a 'deflator' who was losing weight, a smashed iphone, Belicheat sending Sharon Shenocca cash in the mail on Patriots stationary, a brownstone in Brooklyn, Bob Kraft banging a crappy actress before beloved Myra's body was cold, and a filmed walk through. Sorry about that. It won't happen again. I lied.

#4 jetophile, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Not necessarily "instead" but "also".