Don't you dare think about Geno starting...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 27, 2015.

1. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Fitz was making poor throws in the first two games as well. A throw into double or triple coverage is, by definition, a poor throwing decision. He keeps throwing into double and triple coverage and he's going to have a lot of interceptions. Incidentally, I've been saying for some time that the Jets need to see what Geno does with this offense, so I didn't "regrow" my nuts.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

with the Montreal Alouettes.

joe, Jets69, Red Menace and 1 other person like this.
  3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I think Geno is the more talented player. I always though Fitz was a bum.. 2-0. I liked where we were going with Fitz...2-1 with lots of Fitz "mistakes" (3picks)... Let's see how Fitz responds before pulling the trigger

I agree with you on the hardline double standard... Geno haters would have buried him for a performance like Fitz gave today.

The 1985er likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wow, some of you guys are complete morons. Do you understand how football works? Blaming Fitzpatrick for today's game might be the stupidest thing I have seen in awhile. (Well, since that Marshall fumble) The Jets were without Decker and Ivory. No running game at all. Down early. Fitz did alright for what he had to work with. First INT was on Smith. Should have tried harder to catch or defend it. Second one was on Winters. Third one, I am not sure if it was on Marshall or miscommunication or what. The game is definitely not on him though. (2-1) start has been strong for Fitzpatrick. Calling for Geno is ludicrous.

PulseJet, Red Menace and Poeman like this.
  5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure what thread you said this in, there has been plenty of Geno talk on this forum. I don't remember much context outside of the team being too talented to let bad QB play hold it down.

6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

No it'll be this season for the Jets and deep down you know it

7. The 1985er

Of course logically you don't blame Fitz for this loss because that would be irrational. But since Geno would've been blamed for this loss then it's only right to blame Fitz for this loss. The precedent has been set.

8. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

Geno is our best chance to win?? Are you guys seriously fucking kidding me? I've seen the Geno staring at the sky deer in the headlights look for the last time God willing. How about 15 not lateral the ball then alligator arm another one. This game is on him. Are you fucking kidding me? Geno the best chance to win. Sober the fuck up.

VaBchJet, ajax, Poeman and 2 others like this.
  9. zimm1244

zimm1244 New Member

give Geno the ball..Fitz average at the very best..and that's giving him credit,,im sure if I took the time to rank him,,he would be bottom 10 among starters

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Well if you're not sure where I said it you shouldn't paraphrase like that. That's a stokes move and that's why he's on my perma-ignore list.

The other thing, of course, is that today the Jets weren't too talented at all. No Ivory and no Decker is a very big deal. Owusu is part of that also, since he's the Jets 3rd starting WR but the first two guys are the Jets second and third best playmakers at this point.

11. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

somebody just better make sure He makes the flight to London... We all know he has issues telling time

12. The 1985er

No excuses.

And I'm too lazy to look it up, so I'll leave it alone.

FJF likes this.
  13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

But we agree it's a foolish precedent...

You and I both just want to see the Jets win, no matter who is behind center

If Fitz can respond with a win next week ... He should continue to start.

Even though I think Geno is the more skilled player... And I'm curious to see what Geno could accomplish with real offensive weapons... (which he would finally have). Geno came out of the huddle (regardless of whose fault it was)...It's Fitzpatricks huddle now ... At least for another week (IMO).

14. I don't think it's a "no brainer" nor do I think Fitz has done anything to justify losing his job.

That said I don't think we know what we truly have in Geno yet. I know what the haters & doubters say & think;That he's not only a finished product but a severely flawed one. I don't exactly see it that way. He was a young & raw QB coming out..got thrown into a bad situation way too early. Yeah there was some very ugly play but there was also some promise. Additionally, by all accounts he was having a tremendous offseason as was the entire passing game until he got clocked. Now where he's at from a locker room/intangible perspective...that's another thing we don't know.

We know what we have in Fitz. Yes he will likely keep us in games & even look good at times. But he's not gonna lead many epic come backs or fit balls into tight windows down field in crunch time. That might be good enough in some divisions or eras w/ the Jets defense. But w/ the evil ***S in our division every game counts as does every throw. Is it really all that foolish to at least SEE what we have in Geno w/ upgraded personnel when the time is right?

Imagesrdecieving and FJF like this.
  15. The 1985er

It is foolish, but we can't play double standards....

Yes I want the Jets to win and if Fitz is helping us win then he should continue to start. Geno is young and has shown flashes albeit inconsistent and I do think in some ways him sitting on the sidelines for a few games could be good for him. But for now I'm rooting for Fitz to do well.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  16. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Geno will start again whether you people like it or not because Fitzpatrick is not the answer. I would not be surprised if he is the starter coming out of the bye

17. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

If we lose against Miami and Fitz plays like he did today, you can bet he will be. Fitz cannot survive another mediocre performance and another "L" where he is a big reason why. For those who act like questioning Fitz is blasphemy, remind me again when exactly Fitz won this job by beating out Geno? The answer is he didn't. Through 3 games, he's taking advantage of having a superstar WR (Marshall), something Geno has never played with. We saw how bad Fitz is when down a starting WR. Geno has played the majority of his career without even one starting-caliber WR. He has the higher ceiling and is just more talented. Fitz is a good backup QB, not a guy who will take you to the promised land.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Just beat Miami and you won't hear about Geno. The faster we can wean off of Geno, the better. Develop the kid Petty and he's our future!

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I'm honestly for starting Geno over Fitzpatrick......Id like to see how he looks with this WR core.One plus is Genos ability to run .....Fitz looks so stiff and slow when he is trying to move

Hugogo and socaljetfan like this.
  20. Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder New Member

Correct. Just beat Miami and keep the progression moving. Petty can't develop soon enough!