Do we have any value at #25?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by IneedJesus, Feb 19, 2007.

1. IneedJesus

IneedJesus New Member

I do not think so at all. I mean look at our most pressing needs.

In no particular order.

DE, NT

OLB

CB

RB

When we get on the clock at 25 if we do not trade up there really is not a lot of value on the board in our position of needs.

There is no CB worth taking there, no NT or DE, def. no RB worth taking there, but if you look closely at where the players might fall we might have a shot at some interesting prospects for OLB's.

Quentin Moses

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/quentinmoses.html

Anthony Spencer

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/anthonyspencer.html

Charles Johnson

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/charlesjohnson.html

Out of these three players. I have only seen Spencer play. I have not seen Johson, Moses, or even Woodley play. Out of all these OLB prospects which one do you think we should target. I like Spencer's potential the best. His game remindes me of Mike Vrabel's. I think Spencer would be a great pick at 25 and that he should be our pick at 25.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Moses is easily the best of the 3 players, and he's the guy I'm looking at.

3. Tight

Tight Active Member

I dunno about easily right now Johnson is higher on everybodies board.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

This draft has great value at OLB and WR.

Also like most drafts, there are plenty of good DBs available.

OL and TE are pretty thin.

3-4 DL and RB are non-existant.

5. Gibril28Wilson

Gibril28Wilson New Member

Aaron Ross won the Jim Thorpe award for best corner. Leon Hall may fall that far. marcus mccauley will be there and is supposed to be good (ive never seen him play)

6. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I agree with this guy. There is a lot of depth at OLB and DL and as of now, the players haven't separated enough for anyone to say Moses will definately. be better than Spencer or Woodley or Moore or Bazuin. Same thing with DL, no one can say for sure that Tyler will definately be better than Harrell or McBean or Johnson. We should try to trade down to the early second aroudn the 10th pick and pick up a first rounder next year. We would be able to nab some good players still and build some future value.

After the combine this could be torn to shit though but right now the quality of players between 25 and 50 is pretty similar in my opinion. Best case is if one of the WRs falls and someone like San Fran or Atlanta wants to trade up to nab a guy they really like. We could be in a great position if that occurs.

7. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Does anyone else believe Carriker will fall? I know his Combine will determine whether or not 4-3 teams are interested, but assuming he's a 3-4 end only, then he can't go much higher than Pitt at 15 and I don't think he'll go there. Between 15 and 25 there's Cincy at 18, but they just franchised Justin Smith, then Dallas at 22, but they pretty much have to take a abck seven player, then NE, but they can't take a DL, one would think. Baltimore and San Diego might like him, but I doubt they'd package picks to leapfrog us and get him. So - anyone else think he might fall to us at 25?

8. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

He can play in the 4-3 or the 3-4 so it's not like 4-3 teams will ignore him. He is just more valuable to the 3-4 teams but I don't think there is any chance he is available at 25.

9. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

i dont think he could make it past denver...unless one of the many olb/de's in this thread really shines at the combine and shoots up as a better 4-3 de(than carricker)...and then maybe

10. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Yeah, it seems as if Carricker's only going to help his stock at the combine, and with players like Leon Hall falling behind him, he could easily be top 15 if all works out for him.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Meachem or Blalock, with a eye on JL Higgins

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

FORGET about the #25 position folks. the bottom line is we have 3 early picks that will not break cap bank.

i have personally been told that there are several past and present GM's that would rather have more picks in the bottom 1/3 of R1 and top 1/3 of R2 than any other position.

the spots are more cap friendly, there is usually more "value", and the chance of someone falling out of the top 15 or so is always there.

Plus it gives you some flexibility to move up or down - possibly gaining future picks as well.

unless you are looking for a franchise QB or all world LT it makes sense to me.

jil

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Speaking of positioning, in your estimation, what are the odds of Meachem, or Blalock being available at 25, with NE picking at 24 ?

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hobbes....

it will be a quiet chess match between the jets and the pats leading up to draft day. IMO - they have similar needs - WR, OL, CB etc. the pats will likely sit tight while i am not so sure the jets will.

i would expect the pats to go either OL or even LB and not WR.

jil

15. Big Cotch

Big Cotch Banned

yeah, i agree-- the only position of need that seems to have value is the OLB spot- which is kind of why I don't want to sign A Thomas, and would rather sign an O lineman, CB or DE/DT in FA.