Do the Jets have the tools to beat NE in the playoffs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bill Belidouche, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Bill Belidouche

Purely hypothetical of course. assuming they even get to that stage... do the Jets even have the personnel to take out the Pats at this point in time? I really think Brady has the defense figured out this time around and we just don't have the personnel to guard Gronkowski and Hernandez properly. Last year was likely a fluke as the Jets played like a team possessed and were putting out coverage schemes that Brady had never seen before. It seems that NE more or less has the book on us at this point, not to mention the fact that we just don't have the talent to outplay them in the purest sense.

I'm wondering whether this latest disaster was just a deviation from the norm or if the Jets are just too fundamentally-flawed to beat the Pats at all this season.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah we can beat them, dont miss a chip shot FG, just dont call a timeout before halftime, dont drop a punt, and dont tip an interception and we beat them.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Until we can cover their TE's, the answer is no.

4. Ulrich

Ulrich Member

Why would you think we can't? Last year we got atomized by NE and won in the playoffs. This year both games were competitive and NE has clearly regressed. Do you really think we played our best last week and got beat by a superior team?

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yeah. catch those 3 picks brady threw in the 1st half. i think that woulda done it.

6. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

We have an abundance of tools on the TGG.

7. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Yes we do. There were so many mistakes in this game making the final score not as bad as t it appeared. With that said it all has to do with pass rush. if we cant get a pass rush, Brady will score on every possession. (truly sickening) So the answer is yes and no. both teams do the same thing every time we play.
    We are as predictable as they are, its just a matter of who wins that battle.

8. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

--No one has the personnel to cover Gronk, so don't feel bad there. He's the best TE in football without a doubt.

--The Jets will have a hard enough time just making the playoffs, so to wonder if they could beat the Pats again is getting ahead of yourself. Their 4-4 conference record is behind the Pats, Texans, Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, and Bengals. The next 2 weeks(DEN, BUF) are critical to their playoff chances as if they win both they'll be 7-4 and 6-4 in the AFC. Splitting would be bad and losing both will be a death blow given that 10-6 looks like it wouldn't be enough to get in this year.

9. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

How is it your vastly superior team has only managed to win 1 more game than the Jets so far? Sounds like you guys are having a pretty hard time locking the playoffs down to, eh?

10. perfectpackage99

yah double team Grankowski, develop a pass rush, don't make mistakes to the extent that we did and we can beat them. New England is over-rated and our stupid mistakes me them look better then they are.

11. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Despite playing like ass we were in the game until the 4th quarter, so yes. I think we can beat them

12. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

The mistakes absolutely killed the team on Sunday. Mistake free is the only way to beat the Pats. You don't want to give their offense extra possessions and time.

13. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

What horseshit. I'd have Antonio Gates and Jason Witten ahead of him without a second's hesitation.

14. Jet_Blue

Jet_Blue Member

Of course we can beat them. But the mere fact that we're making mistakes on both O and D kinda means we suck too.

We need to not suck to win.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

after losing 45-3 last year i knew we could be beat them if we played them in the playoffs, this year i'm not as confident we just dont matchup with them.

16. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

I never said the Pats were superior to anyone. But, cool story bro.

The Pats have a much easier time to the playoffs because they own the tiebreaker over the Jets for the division title. The Pats' schedule the rest of the way is also the easiest in the NFL so if you expect the Jets to be 2 games better than the Pats the rest of the way you are going way out on a limb.

If the division is out of reach, they are thrown into a pool of 5-6 teams for 2 spots in which you are a game behind 2 of them plus you lose the head-to-head with Baltimore. Cincinnati has a good shot to fade given they have Baltimore twice, Pitt, and Houston over their last 7 games so that's in your favor. Like I said, if the Jets beat Denver and Buffalo they will be looking good for one of the wild card spots but if not it gets real dicey.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If, If, If, If

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No and Yes

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Nobody has much luck stopping them either

20. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

No question in my mind.....Patriots are not the team they were in the last few years.