Did Enunwa make a couple of Pro Bowls while he was injured that I missed?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 16, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't want to turn this into a Quincy Enunwa bashing.

I like the guy. I think we need him for this ofense to reach it's full potential but NOT in this current role they're using him in.

He comes back from the injury they're force feeding him the ball like crazy, I hear the anouncer use the term 'beast' multiple times lik he's a star WR we have no chance to win without him getting all these touches.

When did that happen? How did it happen?!

That deep ball Darnold threw early in the game that's a TD if it's thrown to Robbie Anderson. Great throw, wrong wr.

Don't get me started on the misuse of Powell again. He was part of that great run down the stretch in 2015 they've been looking for ways to NOT get him the ball ever since. In 2016 & 2017 it was with that JAG Forte this year it's Crowell.

MexicanJet likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I think he meant beast as in he is built like a TE/FB rather than a WR, the mans a beast.

Harpua, Cortlan and legler82 like this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He is a possession receiver, he’s compared a lot to Anquon Boldin. And yes Bilal is again being misused by the OC and this CS.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I don't even know where to begin here. Enunwa is the only one getting open. Everyone else seems to have the dropsies

Cro looks more explosive than Powell. Powell has never and will never be the only running back on this team. He can't do it alone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Darnold and Enunwa have developed some chemistry that hasn't been there with the other receivers. A QB is going to look for the guy he feels he can trust.
    Powell had 5 carries for 6 yards - what can you do with that? He had 5 catches for 74 yards and a TD.

legler82, Mogriffjr and zace like this.
  6. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I think many are surprised that he's being used as our #1 but I don't think we should be. Robby isn't built well-enough to be our #1 in the current offensive system. Also think him being out for the year last season made several people forget about how good & reliable he is

Harpua and zace like this.
  7. WarriorRB28

What did Cleveland win with him as their bell cow back?

Powell has paid his dues here he deserves better.

8. WarriorRB28

He does remind me of Boldin.

9. WarriorRB28

Pryor is bigger.

Gannon killed him this afternoon.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I don't think he deserves anything. He's not a feature back. Cro has always looked good. You're comparing that shitshow in Cleveland to this jets team and that's not fair.

The reason Powell always looks good is because he never had to carry the load alone. Im ok with that. Keep him fresh

jetfan59 and Freddy Mondo like this.
  11. WarriorRB28

It shows poor talent evaluation.

JMO.

You base this observation on what exactly?

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Robbie isn't a number 1. In fact, his best use is as a speedy outside guy. Put him in motion and let him run downfield

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I missed something how is Powell being misused? Dude was in a lot because we were down the entire game. He came up big with a touchdown. Is he supposed to have Levon Bell type of games or something?

zace and Mogriffjr like this.
  14. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Robby's best talent is speed, and the general WCO uses shorter routes and generally not deep shots which is what Robby is good at.
    Look at the fumble today, Robby did not sense the pressure and hit from behind and then fumbled.

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I don't see why people are surprised that Enunwa has (at least so far) become Darnold's top receiver. He seems to catch everything - including when Darnold throws high (like he did on one of Darnold's throw this afternoon). While Pryor and Herndon dropping balls it's natural that Darnold goes to someone he knows will catch the ball.

16. WarriorRB28

Yeah that'll make it hard for opposing NFL Ds to figure out how he'll be used.:rolleyes:

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well obviously isn't much for them to figure out about him now. That's why he's non existent. They done need to figure it out. It's about his physical skills because his route running otherwise is poor.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Agreed Quincy is the only one getting open Sam D Needs help from the other receivers to create separation which they are not doing where is Robbie Anderson we got to get him more involved..... Powell is doing what he does best he’s an all purpose back..... And off the top of my head there were at least three drops in that game

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes not really elusive, hes got speed but he is not elusive. Shallow crosses would be nice for him

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Pryor is taller, Q looks wider more muscle, I still think this is what he meant by beast, we all know Q has looked like a hybrid since we drafted him, he could easily pass for a HB/TE/FB, well maybe not a true TE probably not tall enough nowadays, don't they have to be 6ft 6" beasts lol

Not that it matters :)