Devin Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by UKGangGreen, Apr 1, 2016.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Just read that Devin Smith was placed on the Physically Unable to Perform list. I find this confusing as he has been unable to perform since the day he was drafted.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bad pick...We have 4 undrafted guys who are already superior to him

TNJet, chris5533 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Jalin Marshall Jeremy Ross Charone Peake Robbie Anderson & Enunwa alll better than Devin Smith TBH

chris5533 and Altoona like this.
  4. JetLifeLo

& Thompkins better than BS DS as well.

chris5533 likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Or you could say Mac did a great job scouting Wrs this year? Not many teams grabbed 3 high potential WRs in round 7 or UDFA.

6. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

I totally agree. And the point then becomes if our current crop of rookies prove themselves to be more than capable of taking over the reins as our starters of the future, there's no way we can protect/hold onto him without giving up on one of our established incumbents. It just wouldn't make sense. Unless the available space somehow materializes, it would make more sense to move on.

#206 Altoona, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Let's relax with they are better than Devin talk. Still need to see it in REAL game action before we make those statements (and I feel they have shown a lot in preseason )

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  8. Smith is too much of an unknown at this point. He's had some eye opening injury situations that you can't treat as just everyday Soft tissue stuff. To get on the guy is really premature & frankly self defeating for any Jet fan to exert at the moment.
    That said I'm alittle skeptical. Sometimes guys w/ this type of injury pattern at a position like WR simply never get their footing & get caught in the numbers game.W/ the WR haul this offseason...is that what's gonna end up happening w/ Smith?
    Smith started out OTA's in his rookie year forcing his way into 1st team rotation & when he DID play in the regular season..they seemed to force him onto the field. That tells me they liked what they saw from him. But until late in the season right before the ACL..I don't think he was 100%. He lacked that deep acceleration & ability to separate that he demonstrated in college & early offseason. He was unimpressive until late & then got hurt again!
    Way too early to ditch the guy or get on the guy. Now if he comes back & doesn't separate himself in some aspect from whichever youngsters they keep? Maybe then it's time to turn up the heat on this cat.

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. *A punctured lung is not a trivial matter so people that call him soft are just not right. If he can learn to better separate at the NFL level he can be a threat, his speed and acceleration are amazing. Our undrafted youngsters have shown promise, but I'm not going gaga yet particularly with Marshall until I see him in action against the first teamers. He has shown some talent but dropped a few very catchable balls. Having Smith in IR is the best of both worlds. Anderson on the other hand, something about the kid tells me he will be the surprise of the 2016 draft.

10. JetLifeLo

we need to see Devin do something in real game action too.. a TD on the dolphins is all he has going for him. Every WR scores TD's on the dolphins.

11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

What draft he went undrafted :)