Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 10, 2017.

1. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I really like Watson but also am concerned that if his OL is not where it should be like the Jets will this hurt his development. Was he able to make plays in college? Did he need alot of time to throw? These are very essential playing behind a line like the Jets.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He was smart enough to rotate out or get out of the pocket or run when he saw the line was breaking down. One of the trends of a good QB in the league these days.

He makes risky throws but he never lets his confidence get shot it seems and I'd say 60% of being a great QB is about having confidence.

Petty keeps saying he is nervous and anxious...Its like we dealing with a young kid in this level who lets the game get to him.

3. nicg4360

I believe confidence is a huge importance and tea petty did state that was an issue several times. Prescott seems to be oozing of it every game. Watching the Pats and Atlanta they seem so well versed in the quick routes. If we could get a QB that made those quick throws and had some knack to make something out of nothing like Rodgers vs the Cowboys last weekend (that was unreal).

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, to those who point to Watson's "inaccuracy downfield", or his interceptions, consider that the Jets currently have Hack, a guy they chose #2, who apparently can't hit the side of a barn and has terrible mechanics. If nothing else, Watson would be a big upgrade over him.

But read this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2133482/deshaun-watson

which I think gives a pretty fair analysis of his strengthes/weaknesses.

Does he have flaws? Yes, of course, who doesn't? But he's certainly better equipped than AJ McCarron, plus, he does have a "winner's mentality", and has proven it on the Big Stage...twice.

And consider that the Jets will not get to a SB without an elite QB, and he has the very strong potential to be that. For those saying, "Well 2018 is a stronger QB class", first - assuming that's true - what guarantee do the Jets have of getting a high draft pick that wold allow them to pick one of these supposedly better QBs? The old saying, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" applies here.

Watson at #6, i he's still there, is the way to go.

nicg4360 likes this.
  5. nicg4360

That's the strongest argument I think to take a QB here. When will we have the chance again to take a QB this high. We have the need. That's for sure. Next year we may be picking 8 who knows one thing is for sure is if the qbs are going to be as good as everyone is proclaiming them to be fat chance the Jets will have getting one. Bowles didn't tank this year what makes u think he will next year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Somethin tells me I was right.