Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felker

felker Active Member

Your calculation is in error because you used gauge pressure. Try again using absolute pressure and you will get over 1 psi.

2. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Well the end point was that the colts balls were not below the legal limit at halftime. Doesn't say anything about where both started out, which is important for a measurement.

3. felker

felker Active Member

I need to stop doing this...

4. Spygate

Spygate Member

5. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Troy Aikman and Marc Brunnel became the only two QBs to ever play in the NFL this week. I saw a lot of other ones saying something but nobody ran those quotes.

And btw... CNN's discussion has now gone from the ball... to the witch hunt for Bill Belichick and clearing up that "spy"gate had nothing to do with spying.

They even talked about the Boston Globe's unprecedented retraction for fabricating the Rams practice theory.

This is amazing.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmfao

Nike football put into a bucket of 50 degree water is identical to the game time conditions

NY Jets68 likes this.
  7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You are witnessing exactly what happens to cheaters.

You establish very little credibility when you have a history of cheating, especially in a league loved by so many.

Simple answer? Your team should have never cheated and just followed the same rules every other team follows.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Then there wouldn't be any SBs for NE.

9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

The desperation is hilarious. The weather, the wet and the cold, only affects New England balls, tho.

10. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

May have helped rb's; thier top 2 rb's They that good? Does a deflated ball help them?

http://www.nfl.com/player/legarretteblount/497149/careerstats
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14017/shane-vereen

11. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Being a loser douchebag?

It's very likely genetic.

Do us all a favor and get a vasectomy.

_

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What PSI does Andrew Luck like and what were the readings on the Colts' balls before the game and halftime?

If Luck likes 13.5 PSI and it dropped to 12.5 because of atmosphere, the balls would still be legal....

We need that data to prove this is BS, I doubt the data is there though.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Bill Nye the Science Guy...I see

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

And once again, after all that, the Colts balls which were in the same atmospheric conditions were still legal.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  15. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Just guessing here, but probably because they don't inflate them just to the minimum?

16. felker

felker Active Member

Yeah, and how long did they sit inside before they were measured? It's very simple. If the NFL has no data on temperature they screwed up.

Next up - Patriots demand extra first round draft pick as compensation for NFL bungling.

#1856 felker, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The Patriots are really a national laughingstock. Everyone now calls Belichick Belicheat not just us. I'm sure the first thing people on the street will ask him even Bill Nye the Science Guy is "you lying, bro?"

18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Not much to hang onto..lol. But keep hoping. Lol

19. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

why because they cheated and were caught? I just saw the statement and he said crap. again basic laws of physics he is at 1 to 1.5 lbs what about the 2 lbs reported.....
    That said Belli is not behind this Brady is and that is where the blame should fall. I don't expect the coach to know about the football but the qb.......

20. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Belichick said that in their test, once the footballs were on the field over an extended period of time the pressure dropped 1.5 PSI outside. He then said that when they brought the footballs back in after that process and retested them in a controlled environment, then those measurements rose approximately 0.5 PSI to a net of 1PSI lower.

He never said how long they waited before they retested them in the controlled environment. The entire halftime break is what, 15 minutes? I would imagine that the officials got to testing the footballs right away, or shortly after halftime began. Wouldn't you?

I'm not sure, but I would imagine that it would take longer than that short amount of time for the footballs to raise back up 0.5PSI.

If that is true, then we would be dealing with the environment causing a PSI difference of more than 1 PSI, [somewhere between 1.1 to 1.5 depending on how long they had to readjust] which would make the Colts footballs under the league limit even if they were at the max of 13.5PSI.

You could argue that the Colts were not following the rules by over inflating their footballs, but supposedly the officials checked them 2 hours before the game and were within the limits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.