D'Brickashaw Ferguson Video

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Sowell Train, Feb 21, 2006.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Jones and Ferguson are basically the exact same type of tackle. The difference is, Ferguson has some more upside. Not enough to be drafted at #4, when we already have Jones, IMO.

2. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Come on, same attributes dont mean $hit. Theres been TONS of players who were insanely talented but couldnt do anything on the field. just look at the QB position, theres a bunch of guys who are more talented than Matt Hassleback, Delhomme, Vick, etc but that dont mean theyre play off caliber QBs. Look at Boller, Ramsey, Leaf, Peter Warrick, any Chicago WR, talent dont equal production.

Jones may have attributes, but Ferguson has that and has proven himself. 4 yrs of being dominant in college and then embarrasing DEs in the Senior Bowl mean nothing, especially when theres another J.P. Losman on the board for us to draft, WOOHOO. You mean i can draft a guy whos done a hot nothing in college and then stunk it up the senior bowl for only the 4th overall pick?! where do i sign?!?

3. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Embarrasing DE's at the senoir bowl....when? where? I sure as hell didn't see that... From what I saw, I saw a guy with great foot work, but that was suseptable to the bull rush by the better DE's he went against. The fact that we'd be drafting him to play RT, does not inspire confidence.

And I'm not a fan of Losman/Cutler (great comparison by the way...), nor am I fan of drafting D Ferguson at the 4 pick. I fully expect us to move out of the 4th pick, somewhere around 9/10/11 pick and try to get either Williams or L. White.

Ellis

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of drafting Ferguson at #4, but he did totally embarass Kiwanuka all week at the Senior Bowl. Kiwanuka was easily a top 15 prospect before the week, now some believe he will last until the early second round.