Darron Lee Out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Well Lee's transgressions aside, I think saying Jenkins is a better value because he's doing what he's asked better doesn't make Lee to be worse off here.

Jenkins is an edge setter and he's damn good at it. But what this team needs out of him as well is to get pressure in pass situations and get sacks. He's still trying to work his way into getting that. His role is basically doing the dirty work, he likely will never be a star just because of what he's being asked to do. And this will continue until the Jets find a dynamic pass rusher from whoever they find either off the DLine or as the other "rush end".

Lee is being asked to do more, and has more on his plate. They move him around, they will rush him, he will play in coverage and has to become a force in shooting the gaps in run defense. Check the numbers, Lee and Davis play the most snaps for the Jets defense this year % wise and it's not because he sucks. He's made steady improvements to his game. Of course the coverage part needs to continue to improve but Lee has begun to use his speed and instinct to be a weapon in the run game. Before he was a step late, now he's Johnny on the spot. His coverage has improved but he still has much improvement in that area. But don't make it seem like this kid is awful, or else he wouldn't be on the field so much. Between Lee, Davis, Adams and Maye, these dudes simply don't come off the field and it's for a reason. His inactive was likely Bowles holding him accountable and the punishment hopefully woke Lee up to not let this team down. Nip it in the bud so he won't be another Mo Wilk.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  2. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

First of all, thank you for the honest debate, it makes things interesting.

Just a few points to make regarding your post:

1) You cannot put Lee's transgressions aside. Toilets never going to and he shouldn't have to. These are grown men we're talking about here, not children. Snowflake is just going to have to get his shit in gear. Toilet will forgive him after he serves his penance, but he'll never forget. That's normal.

2) Lee IS asked to do more and yes he does have more on his plate. But I don't give a fiddlers fuck if he perceives it as unfair. He was drafted in the 1st round. Way ahead of his 3rd round teammate. He accepted the pay of the 20th overall pick and therefore it is 100% logical to EXPECT play of a 20th overall pick. And I'm sorry but you shouldn't give a shit about snowflakes workload either.

Let me ask you, what do you think Bellichick would say if Lee was late for practice and not meeting expectations on the field?

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

That's what I'm saying, yes he was late for practice and that's why he was punished and sat out a game. He has to be held accountable.

On the other hand though, my point was his play has steadily improved this season as the games wore on. But from the jump, he was playing almost 100% of the snaps at the other LB spot. Even when the Jets were running 2 LB Nickel sets, it was always Davis and Lee...if his play was that bad or if there was a better option, I'd venture Standford or a Bruce Carter would have gotten some of his snaps. But that hasn't been the case at all.

Walt White likes this.