Cutler or Romo

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Red 1, Nov 29, 2016.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Here's the NY Post weighing in on Cutler:

http://nypost.com/2017/02/22/jay-cutler-and-the-jets-would-be-a-doomed-marriage/

Here's something that I think really throws off honest assessments of what a QB can actually PRODUCE:

"Cutler’s arm strength is legendary, and he can throw on the move."

So many QBs are looked at from the purely physical perspective, and their intangibles are ignored, or certainly not studied enough. The real question you need to ask about a guy like Cutler is: How many championships has he won? For all of his talent, what's his W/L record? The guy is mediocre at best, and mediocre is the absolute WORST thing the Jets can be right now. Mediocre gives them mediocre draft picks, and they will never improve with that. If the Jets sign Cutler, fuck it, I'm rooting for the Broncos.

Freddy Mondo and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

No to Cutler, no to Romo. I don't want either one. Draft a guy or sign a young guy with potential to compete with Hack & Petty for the starting job. Even if 2017 isn't a great season, it will set us up for 2018. I crave a Jets team that for once builds properly through the draft instead of bringing in old vets every year to be stop gaps to make the Jets just competitive enough to get shitty selection in the draft but never can rebuild properly. It's just stop gap after stop gap after stop gap.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

2017 should be all about evaluating our young guys, we're gonna be dog shit regardless.

I'd rather Petty and Hack each start 8 games than bring in Cutler or Romo.

If they suck then we probably have a top 5 pick in 2018 and we'll at least know what we have in Petty and Hack.

4. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

What's Billy Manziel doing these days? His brother flamed out on Cleveland, but Billy might be able to play...

[​IMG]

Br4d and onefanjet like this.
  5. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life....

6. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

If they can get Fitz to be the backup, not mentor because he has limited advice that's worth learning, for about $6.00, then I'd be okay with Fitzpatrick. He earned about 4 mill last year, in generous terms, so he's still in the hole for about 8m. If you give him $6 he's still ahead of the game by 7,999,999,994.00. Pretty good business schooling.
    Cutler, I guess, if we must get either, only because durability is an issue. And fuck it, watching someone on the team miserable makes me feel closer to the team, as a miserable fan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN?!

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Dude...