Cromartie

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dude, Feb 23, 2006.

1. The Dude

The Dude New Member

Do you think the Jets take a chance on the CB out of Florida State with their 2nd round pick? When he was fully healthy this guy was a monster and many believe it isn't far fetched to think he can get back to his old form. While I believe the Jets might not be in a position to take a "gamble" so early in the draft, it is definitely a position of need and we could reap great benefits. Thoughts?

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Tough call. I love this kid and if he is there in the second it might be hard to pass on him. Our 2nd round pick is gonna be interesting we really can go in a number of directions. Assuming we go Qb round 1, I would think OL should be the way to go in round 2 but if a talent like Cromartie is there, he might have to be the pick..

3. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I do not think we need him at the moment, comapred to other holes ont he team. D-line has a glaring hole, so if there is a high draft pick used on D I hope it is DT. Our offence has been blown up and we desparately need players there

4. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

The kid is special. If he can demonstrate that his knee is a non-issue at the combine, he could be a good pick with the potential to be a true shutdown corner. He was terrifically fast before he got hurt and if he can recover most if not all of that speed, he'll move up the draft charts in a hurry.

5. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

I think he is an option if we have multiple second round picks. If he runs well he may move into mid first.